Mephis-ole miss | The Boneyard

Mephis-ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Memphis taking to them, playing with passion and executing. What a difference from watching Uconns first half. Great turnaround for that program.

Reaction Score
No one around here wants to admit it because when it comes to the AAC everyone wants to wallow in a pity party that we are in this league but teams like Memphis, Houston, Navy, Temple, Cincinnati, ECU, and when they weren't a dumpster fire (UCF) are better teams than Pitt, Syracuse, and Rutgers ever where when we were in a league with them.

Reaction Score
24-14 at the half and beginning to roll. This game could get tight or be a rout for Memphis. Didn't think that was possible.

American%20Football%20Championship%20Logo%20w%20laces%20on%20White.png

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Memphis is legit....very impressive the turn around this program has had in such a short time...makes me very jealous

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Gonna be honest...this might be the first game I'm pulling for a team because they are in our conference...that and I hate the SEC. F conference realignment...time to pull for this conference we're in. The AAC is having quite the year so far and this win would be massive for us.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Memphis dominating.

Fuente is gone after this year, thankfully.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Teams like Houston, Memphis, Temple, even USF are not sitting around moping about being in the AAC. They are improving and winning football games. We might want to join them.
I agree but outside USF, none of those teams were in a BCS conference before they joined the American. In reality they took a small step up when they joined. However, the larger point you made is spot on. Our fan base needs to make the same commitment as well, as hard as that may be.

Reaction Score
Ole Miss has to be the most bi-polar program in the country these last couple years.

Reaction Score
I agree but outside USF, none of those teams were in a BCS conference before they joined the American. In reality they took a small step up when they joined. However, the larger point you made is spot on. Our fan base needs to make the same commitment as well, as hard as that may be.

Fan base will only come if the product is improved. Same with Memphis. Same with Temple. Same with Houston.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Congrats to Memphis...even when Ole Miss fought back they held strong and won. Awesome victory for them....can only imagine what a turn around like that will be like when/if we get there. Some games I feel like we're on our way...other days not so much

Reaction Score
Gonns have to drop Ole Miss pretty far in the rankings to keep Memphis out of the top 10 or 15.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
This is some consolation for our bad game today:

1) The AAC gets some really good publicity out of this game.
2) I remember how bad Memphis was in Year Two of the Fuente reign and I'm encouraged. Maybe by his fourth year Diaco will have us beating nationally ranked P5 teams.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Teams like Houston, Memphis, Temple, even USF are not sitting around moping about being in the AAC. They are improving and winning football games. We might want to join them.
Yes.

But we can't be Pollyanna's; all is not well. Not yet, anyway.

Reaction Score
I guess there are two ways to look at this:

1) Memphis is really helping to improve the reputation of the AAC (good)
2) Memphis is positioning themselves to be next man up in CR, rather than us (bad) [On the other hand, it might not be the case that Memphis and UConn are candidates for the same P5's]

Overall, I think it's a positive development.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
That's where I've been saying he'll end up, but watch out if Bert or Butch Jones gets fired.

I can't imagine Tennessee firing another coach that quickly. I think Jones gets more than 3 years to turn UT around.

Bert who?

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Bert Beilema.

Yes, Bert not Bret.

Reaction Score
Don't get happy feet on Fuente leaving. He is a Gary Patterson pupil and calculates everything his does.

Reaction Score
Right, Memphis has all of it's bets on the Big 12. UConn has two plays IMO, the Big 10 and the ACC. I don't see any overlap.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Don't get happy feet on Fuente leaving. He is a Gary Patterson pupil and calculates everything his does.

This is Fuente's year to cash in. He won't necessarily come to South Carolina, but he'll move up to a P5 school somewhere.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

You don't think we're trying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits