Memphis vs UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Memphis vs UConn

Reaction Score
While I appreciate the attempt for a better tone in this one, I will attempt to do the same despite the fact we disagree.

Not sure how you can even say Kevin Ollie has never made a player better and believe what you said? Shabazz Napier, Ryan Boatright, Deandre Daniels, Niels Giffey come to mind immediately. He was an assistant for all and then their head coach as they grew to be NC's. Not sure who else to give that one to although we know Hobbsy, Miller and others had a hand in on it too. JC and Deandre weren't to good together I do remember that.

Ollie's only fault is recruiting players with no intelligence on the court as well as low skill levels. Needs more players who can dribble, pass, shoot and understand the game. Can't teach people who just don't get it, no coach can. They unfortunately have too many of those and this is on KO and the staff, that I will agree with. As you can see above heads up players, fundamentally sound coming in were easy to make successful for KO. Less skilled and intelligent don't make teams a lot better, instead they are anchors as we've seen holding back the team with inconsistency.

Need better players, period. Hell every coach looks better that way!

We can disagree on you giving way to much credit to Ollie for JC's guys, plus JC was around that program every game that year even the preseason tournament.

Which one of his recruited players has he made better? Most seem to regress.

Lets pretend Ollie is let go after this season. Where do you think he would end up the following year?

At the end of the day, just like it is in our own careers its RESULTS that people are judged on. Ollie is a highly paid coach that is not living up to his end of the deal.

Reaction Score
We can disagree on you giving way to much credit to Ollie for JC's guys, plus JC was around that program every game that year even the preseason tournament.

Which one of his recruited players has he made better? Most seem to regress.

Lets pretend Ollie is let go after this season. Where do you think he would end up the following year?

At the end of the day, just like it is in our own careers its RESULTS that people are judged on. Ollie is a highly paid coach that is not living up to his end of the deal.

Not sure how on one end of your mouth no one has improved and on the other he had nothing to do with those guys? Makes no sense at all. They stayed at UConn despite adversity and he coached them to a title with hardly a star on it until Shabazz got better. JC was still there? He didn't help coach we all know that, bad excuse to cover for your viewpoint on KO's success with these guys.

He's fine, needs to recruit smarter. He needs to grow as a coach he's young.

As far as where he will end up - NBA, on a seat next to a really good coach who respects him as they all do NBA/College alike, HC somewhere for sure. He's not leaving, we are lucky people like you don't get to make these decisions.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

KO and staff were the ones working with them in practice for two full years, but JC takes credit for sitting in the second row for their games?

Why do you have a problem with logic?

Reaction Score
KO and staff were the ones working with them in practice for two full years, but JC takes credit for sitting in the second row for their games?

Why do you have a problem with logic?

Well since JC stopped sitting in the second row have you seen any difference??? How did Ollie go from a great head coach winning NC, to having teams that will have under performed the last three years.

Its not just talent. At the start of last season he had the conference preseason rookie of the year JA, defensive player of the year in AB, and player of the year in DH. I'll agree they didn't all play to those preseason awards but you have to put that on the coach. KO is NOT making his teams better.

We can go back and fourth which is fun but you cant argue Ollies results after the last 2 plus seasons. The injury excuse for this year is lame because this team came out healthy and looked unprepared losing to teams that UCONN should NOT be even playing close games against. This team starts three seniors, they should not be the joke of the AAC!

Reaction Score
Not sure how on one end of your mouth no one has improved and on the other he had nothing to do with those guys? Makes no sense at all. They stayed at UConn despite adversity and he coached them to a title with hardly a star on it until Shabazz got better. JC was still there? He didn't help coach we all know that, bad excuse to cover for your viewpoint on KO's success with these guys.

He's fine, needs to recruit smarter. He needs to grow as a coach he's young.

As far as where he will end up - NBA, on a seat next to a really good coach who respects him as they all do NBA/College alike, HC somewhere for sure. He's not leaving, we are lucky people like you don't get to make these decisions.

I missed where you said who has improved from the players he recruited. Or was your comment on him recruiting the wrong players covering that?

Reaction Score
I missed where you said who has improved from the players he recruited. Or was your comment on him recruiting the wrong players covering that?
Jalen has improved. Hamilton improved.

I do have to say it's impressive that in less than 30 posts you've established yourself as one of the premier idiots on the board. That's certainly no easy task around here.

C

chiller99.5

Ollie is a classy charismatic coach and leader. Parents send their kids to CT to play for KO just as much as to play for UCONN. The man walks the walk and motivates his players without throwing anyone under the bus. I can live with a whole lot worse than this season before Id turn my back on a coach and player that the NBA respects.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom