Memphis vs UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Memphis vs UConn

Reaction Score
Yeah it's my fault this team has sucked the last three years, not your boyfriend Ollie.

The crappy fan is the one who is accepting of the programs direction.
We are not accepting in the programs direction this year. True fans and we are willing and able to ride this out w/o trashing Ollie and the players. Some may be a little over the top at times but we bleed uconn and can smell a rat a long way off. Just saying.

Reaction Score
I expect more lousy basketball, more unforced TOs, bricks on open shots, scoring droughts, opponents getting lay ups and Ollie passively sitting with his hand on his head.

But I am hoping for the best!!!!!

Reaction Score
Didn't say it was your fault, how could it be you're nobody? You just have no clue but keep up the good work. Where were you Scootin' when he won the NC, just curious. You decided to bring your spew the year he loses 3 players 3-4 games into the year for the whole season? C'mon we can't figure out what kind of fan you are. Unless of course you're 12 years old?

I'm a fan 36 year old that never misses a game, a fan that put the Huskies on the same level as Duke, NC, Kentucky, and Kansas (at least used to). A fan that is disgusted with with the last two seasons and being irrelevant in the 6 spot in AAC. I'm not sure why the long time board members need to try to be bully's and call people names and tell them to delete their account for giving an opinion.

Its easy to call somebody a nobody over the internet (notice I don't take personal shots at fans on the board)), but I go to a majority of the games at XL so let me know your seat location and you can tell me to my face how you really feel.

Reaction Score
I'm a fan 36 year old that never misses a game, a fan that put the Huskies on the same level as Duke, NC, Kentucky, and Kansas (at least used to). A fan that is disgusted with with the last two seasons and being irrelevant in the 6 spot in AAC. I'm not sure why the long time board members need to try to be bully's and call people names and tell them to delete their account for giving an opinion.

Its easy to call somebody a nobody over the internet (notice I don't take personal shots at fans on the board)), but I go to a majority of the games at XL so let me know your seat location and you can tell me to my face how you really feel.

Your a cool dude man! Wish I could go there more to tell you how afraid I am, seriously that would make my day trembling at the mere thought of you kicking a 57 year olds ass or attempting to. If you are 36 you are NOT the fan that put the Huskies on the same level as Duke I'm afraid. That happened way before you but have at it. By the way "crappy fans" that really hurts? Maybe you need to grow a couple too to even post here.

No one here is happy Scooter. But it's the way you deliver the post and yours quite honestly sucks and is more like you deserve better, and you don't. So just grow up or move on, think before you type. We were irrelevant JC's last year too and had NIT years after great years. We're all spoiled but most fans get this years situation others prefer to cry and whine like little babies. Stay steady my friend I'm impressed.

Reaction Score
At this point, all I care about is our freshman and sophomores developing. It's what will matter long term, and it's also the only slight chance we have at making a run in the conference tournament.

Reaction Score

A Conference foe created this thread and instead of 'fighting' with him we are fighting with each other, airing our dirty laundry so to speak (you and the others are of age and know what that means).

Everybody lets keep it civil in front of the foreigners at least in threads they created.

For times like this perhaps we do need an Octogan, right @UCweCONN?

Reaction Score
A Conference foe created this thread and instead of 'fighting' with him we are fighting with each other, airing our dirty laundry so to speak (you and the others are of age and know what that means).

Everybody lets keep it civil in front of the foreigners at least in threads they created.

For times like this perhaps we do need an Octogan, right @UCweCONN?

Love people who think they need to be holier than thou, we will have The Octagon and The Conference Foe, Play Nice forum. Geez Kita wth? :eek::oops:

Reaction Score
Love people who think they need to be holier than thou, we will have The Octagon and The Conference Foe, Play Nice forum. Geez Kita wth? :eek::oops:
I have my moments. . . . . . being married so long female shyyt transfers from time to time if I'm not on guard.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
At this point, all I care about is our freshman and sophomores developing. It's what will matter long term, and it's also the only slight chance we have at making a run in the conference tournament.

I don't feel like we have that luxury really. What I care about is seeing a team that plays UConn basketball. I want tough defense. I want to see movement on offense. I want to see shots falling, and FTs made at over 70%.

I do not think UConn can afford to be under .500. I accept that we aren't making the NCAAs minus a miracle run in the AAC tournament. I do not accept that we will be under .500 There is no excuse for it, even with the players on the roster. Losing to Memphis on road with this roster...maybe understandable. Losing to Tulsa was not.

Reaction Score
Your a cool dude man! Wish I could go there more to tell you how afraid I am, seriously that would make my day trembling at the mere thought of you kicking a 57 year olds ass or attempting to. If you are 36 you are NOT the fan that put the Huskies on the same level as Duke I'm afraid. That happened way before you but have at it. By the way "crappy fans" that really hurts? Maybe you need to grow a couple too to even post here.

No one here is happy Scooter. But it's the way you deliver the post and yours quite honestly sucks and is more like you deserve better, and you don't. So just grow up or move on, think before you type. We were irrelevant JC's last year too and had NIT years after great years. We're all spoiled but most fans get this years situation others prefer to cry and whine like little babies. Stay steady my friend I'm impressed.

Mau,

Let me ask you this: what have you seen in the 2014-15, 2015-16 and/or 2016-17 seasons that causes you to be optimistic? I have been going to home and away games since 1983 and the last 2.5 seasons have been the worst prolonged stretch since JC arrived in the mid 80's. Yes, we have a bunch of highly rated recruits, but in terms of fundamentals and basketball iq something is very wrong. I realize this season is a trainwreck in large part due to all the injuries, but the opening handful of games were really bad as well.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Augusts predicts victory.

Purvis with 22

Jalen 16 7 7

Reaction Score
Yeah it's my fault this team has sucked the last three years, not your boyfriend Ollie.

The crappy fan is the one who is accepting of the programs direction.
Ollie doesn't play the game. The reason why UConn is struggling is because Brimah sucks, Facey sucks, and Purvis sucks. The freshmen are freshmen and can't expect them to be players yet. Them sucking has nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with players who lack skill

Reaction Score
Brimah and Purvis were once stars. I guess they have regressed. Saying Facey sucks just isnt fair though. He is inconsistent, but has been much more of an impact player this season.

Reaction Score
Having a tough time watching this, anyone else?

Reaction Score
Ollie doesn't play the game. The reason why UConn is struggling is because Brimah sucks, Facey sucks, and Purvis sucks. The freshmen are freshmen and can't expect them to be players yet. Them sucking has nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with players who lack skill
Are you serious? The coaching has nothing to do with these 3 players not being good as seniors? Brimah wasn't heralded coming out of high school but Facey and Purvis were, and haven't developed much under this staff. This coaching staff deserves a lot of the blame for the position we're in.

Reaction Score

I wasn't threatening violence, I should have been clearer(for the record it would be no attempt old man, JK). My point was if we were sitting next to each other at a game and i said Ollie sucks or booed i don't believe you would start calling me names. You would ignore me or we would have a civil back and fourth on why we feel the way we do. Isn't that the point of the boards to have different opinions and have a conversation around it without discrediting someone with name calling?

Being 36 i was 100% there as this team entered the level of top echelon teams. It started with the Chris teams in the late 80's to early 90's. In my opinion they entered top teams in 93-94 with Donyell & Ray.

Yes JC had down years but never like this in a much better conference, Ollie is setting new record lows every game in a pathetic conference, not to mention Wagner and North Eastern(healthy team). Good coaches make players better, I have yet to see Ollie do that with anyone. I know JC's don't grow on trees and most likely will never have a coach of that caliber again but that doesn't mean I'm willing to give up and live with Ollie's garbage results

Reaction Score
I wasn't threatening violence, I should have been clearer(for the record it would be no attempt old man, JK). My point was if we were sitting next to each other at a game and i said Ollie sucks or booed i don't believe you would start calling me names. You would ignore me or we would have a civil back and fourth on why we feel the way we do. Isn't that the point of the boards to have different opinions and have a conversation around it without discrediting someone with name calling?

Being 36 i was 100% there as this team entered the level of top echelon teams. It started with the Chris teams in the late 80's to early 90's. In my opinion they entered top teams in 93-94 with Donyell & Ray.

Yes JC had down years but never like this in a much better conference, Ollie is setting new record lows every game in a pathetic conference, not to mention Wagner and North Eastern(healthy team). Good coaches make players better, I have yet to see Ollie do that with anyone. I know JC's don't grow on trees and most likely will never have a coach of that caliber again but that doesn't mean I'm willing to give up and live with Ollie's garbage results

While I appreciate the attempt for a better tone in this one, I will attempt to do the same despite the fact we disagree.

Not sure how you can even say Kevin Ollie has never made a player better and believe what you said? Shabazz Napier, Ryan Boatright, Deandre Daniels, Niels Giffey come to mind immediately. He was an assistant for all and then their head coach as they grew to be NC's. Not sure who else to give that one to although we know Hobbsy, Miller and others had a hand in on it too. JC and Deandre weren't to good together I do remember that.

Ollie's only fault is recruiting players with no intelligence on the court as well as low skill levels. Needs more players who can dribble, pass, shoot and understand the game. Can't teach people who just don't get it, no coach can. They unfortunately have too many of those and this is on KO and the staff, that I will agree with. As you can see above heads up players, fundamentally sound coming in were easy to make successful for KO. Less skilled and intelligent don't make teams a lot better, instead they are anchors as we've seen holding back the team with inconsistency.

Need better players, period. Hell every coach looks better that way!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom