Memphis vs UCF - AAC title game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Memphis vs UCF - AAC title game

Reaction Score
Statistically these are the 5th & 6th best offenses in the country, so this ping pong match is not much surprise. Entertaining to watch even if the Ds look atrocious.

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Hope the UCF players didn't check twitter at the half:

Reaction Score
these 2 teams scored 100k points against uconn so it might just be they have good offenses. It will be interesting to see if one of them can do it in a bowl game

Reaction Score
these 2 teams scored 100k points against uconn so it might just be they have good offenses. It will be interesting to see if one of them can do it in a bowl game

I know it seemed like 100,000 points but it wasn't that bad.

Reaction Score
Ucf stopped trying in the first quarter..i think they would have topped the 70 Memphis did.

Reaction Score
How many of these UCF guys played on the 0-12 team in 2015 I wonder?

Reaction Score
Do either of these teams ever play defenses? Haven’t watched either team outside when they played us.

They are both moving up and down the field like a practice!

Neither team will stand a chance in a NY6 bowl against a P5 school with any semblance of a defense
They are incredibly fast teams. They stand are very good chance.

Reaction Score
Hope the UCF players didn't check twitter at the half:

I'd love to see just one of these coaches have enough integrity to stay where they are and build something. Funny how they want their contract terms when things don't go well, but will jump at the first shiny object. No loyalty or integrity, yet they expect atheletes to live and die with their choices.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I love defense, but this game is fantastic. I actually got up excited for this one and we are talking AAC football.

Reaction Score
Ucf has to many options on offense to stop. I would be interested to see if they could so that to Alabama though.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I'd love to see just one of these coaches have enough integrity to stay where they are and build something. Funny how they want their contract terms when things don't go well, but will jump at the first shiny object. No loyalty or integrity, yet they expect atheletes to live and die with their choices.
I understand your point completely. But it might be better for us if they had constant coaching uncertainty and changes.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
UCF vs Georgia or Alabama in the Peach Bowl is a fine consolation prize to a final 4 bowl game. It will have plenty of intrigue.

Reaction Score

Where was UConn's integrity in not staying loyal to Bob Diaco for the duration of his contract? I fully understand why he was fired but that is the other side of the coin to what you are saying? In this industry you go to whoever is willing to pay you the money. If you are not successful you will be out the door very fast. Your only loyalty can be to your family and what is best for them. I many situations money dictates that.

Reaction Score
Where was UConn's integrity in not staying loyal to Bob Diaco for the duration of his contract? I fully understand why he was fired but that is the other side of the coin to what you are saying? In this industry you go to whoever is willing to pay you the money. If you are not successful you will be out the door very fast. Your only loyalty can be to your family and what is best for them. I many situations money dictates that.
He was given 3 years to moderately perform and was paid out for miserably performing. You are mixing issues. You miss the point.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
What a contrast to the typical ACC championship game with the stadium in Charlotte half filled.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
And where was BC's loyalty to the Big East? Nothing shows what college sports is all about better than what the greedy, backstabbing Jesuits did.

Reaction Score
He was given 3 years to moderately perform and was paid out for miserably performing. You are mixing issues. You miss the point.

You miss the point. If you fail you are out the door. Bob Diaco failed horribly and deserved to be fired. How about guys that have a winning record but are still out the door. Texas A&M and Arizona State come to mind. No loyalty to guys many would say were successful.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

I'd normally agree, but Frost went to Nebraska. He's got more of his life invested there than he does at UCF.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
UCF vs Georgia or Alabama in the Peach Bowl is a fine consolation prize to a final 4 bowl game. It will have plenty of intrigue.
It won’t matter as the team will be playing without the head coach who got them there. The team will be disheartened, get blown out, and then the talking heads will thump their chests and reaffirm to all why a G5 school has no place in the playoffs and should thank their overlords for letting them at least get a sniff of a NY6 game....

Reaction Score
What a contrast to the typical ACC championship game with the stadium in Charlotte half filled.

Please show me the pictures of the stadium half full in Charlotte. Tonight will be a sellout as was the last game in Charlotte.

Reaction Score
And where was BC's loyalty to the Big East? Nothing shows what college sports is all about better than what the greedy, backstabbing Jesuits did.

But if UConn had left for greener pastures if would have been different. Right?

Reaction Score

Hartford Hank, aren't you going to "like" this post? Didn't think so.

I'm not buying these teams don't beat P5s in major bowls. We've been watching it happen almost every year for 15 years. These teams are loaded with speed.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It won’t matter as the team will be playing without the head coach who got them there. The team will be disheartened, get blown out, and then the talking heads will thump their chests and reaffirm to all why a G5 school has no place in the playoffs and should thank their overlords for letting them at least get a sniff of a NY6 game....

Dude, if you are that bearish about G5 programs, why watch at all?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom