Meanwhile at Cameron Indoor… | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Meanwhile at Cameron Indoor…

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Maybe myoclonus, though I have no medical background tbh.

What is myoclonus?​

Myoclonus refers to sudden, brief involuntary twitching or jerking of a muscle or group of muscles. The twitching cannot be stopped or controlled by the person experiencing it. Myoclonus is not a disease itself, rather it describes a clinical sign.

Myoclonic jerks may occur in the following scenarios:

• Either alone or in sequence, in a pattern of movement or without pattern
  • Infrequently or many times per minute
  • In response to an external event or when a person attempts to make a movement
You could be on to something here. From what little I've seen, Filipowski appears to be a jerk.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Who cares about Flagg. Move on
I do. I'm still hoping Flagg will reconsider not going to Duke like Liam McNeeley decided about Indiana. Kid showed a lot of class and respect towards UConn and Hurley during his recruitment.

Reaction Score
I do. I'm still hoping Flagg will reconsider not going to Duke like Liam McNeeley decided about Indiana. Kid showed a lot of class and respect towards UConn and Hurley during his recruitment.
I’d say that’s not going to happen but Duke would be well on their way to being the villain if it wasn’t for the constant fluffing from ESPN and like minded sports media personalities.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but where did he wind up? Mommy knows best. He made his bed, he can now sleep in it.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Really hope to see Dokies in our bracket. It be awesome to see our squad smoke them in the tournament.
I see it as a pretty good possibility. If UNC wins their conference tournament they'll either be the fourth one seed or top two seed (depending on what Arizona does). Either way that would put some Zona & UNC as one and two in the west in some order.

If that happens there's a very strong chance Duke gets a three seed in the east.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Yeah, but where did he wind up? Mommy knows best. He made his bed, he can now sleep in it.
I don't look at it this way. Why are you and I UConn fans? Something happened which caused us to latch on to this program. Flagg is obviously passionate about basketball and something happened when he was young to become a Duke fan. It was always his dream. He's fulfilling his dream. I'm hoping he wakes up and realizes his experience under Hurley can be better than Scheyer. If not I hope his dream turns into a nightmare.

Reaction Score
I took Duke -4.5 and hoped I would lose LMAO. Imagine me cheering the loss of $25.

Reaction Score
I don't look at it this way. Why are you and I UConn fans? Something happened which caused us to latch on to this program. Flagg is obviously passionate about basketball and something happened when he was young to become a Duke fan. It was always his dream. He's fulfilling his dream. I'm hoping he wakes up and realizes his experience under Hurley can be better than Scheyer. If not I hope his dream turns into a nightmare.
You make a valid point about it being his dream. I don’t begrudge that. I scratch my head over the UConn visit if his mind was already made up. I’ve never liked that program, so entitled and “special”. Just look at the Filipowski stunt yesterday. No foul, seriously. The media and refs put them on a pedestal. They whine when they lose. Pathetic that Scheyer was apologizing to the spoiled snowflake fans yesterday.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Faux ku would have worked better
I knew that fake ku (faku) wasn't what I'd dubbed it earlier, but I blanked on it. Humble, appreciative thanks for the reminder. I like it much more, and I'm glad you saw the opportunity and shared it.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You make a valid point about it being his dream. I don’t begrudge that. I scratch my head over the UConn visit if his mind was already made up. I’ve never liked that program, so entitled and “special”. Just look at the Filipowski stunt yesterday. No foul, seriously. The media and refs put them on a pedestal. They whine when they lose. Pathetic that Scheyer was apologizing to the spoiled snowflake fans yesterday.
The media, particularly Vitale, made them into a pariah. The team that most opposing fans dislike more than any other program. The team that many casual fans want to see lose and only watch their games hoping to observe that outcome. They are the most despised program in the ACC and probably 95% of North Carolinians despise them. But it gives ESPN ratings.

ESPN keeps promoting them giving their program an inordinate amount of publicity relative to other programs. As long as they continue their success this will result in exciting impressionable young talent. It could very well crash and burn with several years of bad or mediocre results.

Reaction Score
I remember leaving the Alamodome in 2004 after UConn beat Duke. I couldn’t count the number of Duke students in tears. A couple were on their phones telling their parents, in the most bratty way, to book them tickets home immediately because they couldn’t stay there another day. Screaming at their parents that it didn’t matter how, “just get me out of here.”

Reaction Score
The media, particularly Vitale, made them into a pariah. The team that most opposing fans dislike more than any other program. The team that many casual fans want to see lose and only watch their games hoping to observe that outcome. They are the most despised program in the ACC and probably 95% of North Carolinians despise them. But it gives ESPN ratings.

ESPN keeps promoting them giving their program an inordinate amount of publicity relative to other programs. As long as they continue their success this will result in exciting impressionable young talent. It could very well crash and burn with several years of bad or mediocre results.
Pretty accurate. I'd say most folks I met down there (lived in Chapel Hill for ~7 years) who were Duke fans weren't from NC. People who were from NC were all about UNC or state, and the joke was always that the difference between UNC fans and NCST fans was that state fans actually went to school there.

Reaction Score

We agree. And don’t forget the ACC homer, Billy Packer (a graduate of Wake Forest) doing the games for years on CBS with Nance.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Pretty accurate. I'd say most folks I met down there (lived in Chapel Hill for ~7 years) who were Duke fans weren't from NC. People who were from NC were all about UNC or state, and the joke was always that the difference between UNC fans and NCST fans was that state fans actually went to school there.
In the mid to late 1980's i was in the Raleigh-Durham area for a couple weeks every year on an audit. I was surprised at A) how many NC St fans there were (while I'm sure it has changed drastically, then it was pretty close to even, and you are correct, most UNC fans did not attend UNC) and B) how few Duke fans there were. Granted, at that time they had yet to win a title and K was just beginning to get them to final fours (although they made it there nearly every year in those days), but still, Wake had as many fans as Duke did back then and they were an hour and a half away.

Reaction Score
I remember leaving the Alamodome in 2004 after UConn beat Duke. I couldn’t count the number of Duke students in tears. A couple were on their phones telling their parents, in the most bratty way, to book them tickets home immediately because they couldn’t stay there another day. Screaming at their parents that it didn’t matter how, “just get me out of here.”
Distraught and entitled were they, it sounds like.

Distraught at the outcome, feeling they were entitled to see their team win what they perceived as a predetermined certainty.

Of course, life is not that cut and dry and predictable.

Reaction Score
They're also probably the most popular program in the country.

Reaction Score
Bad decision by Cooper

We could be hanging 6# and he’s on a one and done schedule with coached by a team of clowns
Loser coach apologizing to poor sportsmanship fan’s throwing waters bottles and liquid at opposing team. Should have been reprimanding them for classless behavior. No matter, will be an early exit for a true 5 seed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom