MD beats Drexel by 6pts. at home | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MD beats Drexel by 6pts. at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Drexel is an interesting program. They were 28-10 last year and lost the CAA tournament championship to Delle Donne and the UDel Hens 59-56. They were invited to play in the NIT and proceeded to win the 2013 NIT championship, defeating Auburn, Florida and Utah in successive games. Not bad for a CAA team.

Drexel is coached by Denise Dillon who played for and coached with Harry P at Villanova. One of the players on this year's team is the sister of former Duke player and current NBAer JJ Redick. This year is a rebuilding year and there's no way Drexel should have finished within 10 points of Maryland.

I work at Penn and walk through the Drexel campus a lot. One of these days I'm going to attend a game.
Drexel is another of those mid-majors UConn will have to start worrying about. Not this year though

Reaction Score
I wanted to go to the UCONN- Maryland game but I thought the traffic from Balto to the Maryland campus would be too bad and I was right. I would've probably missed most of the game because I-95 was a parking lot that afternoon.
I DVR'ed the game and thought "Shoot, I could've got a great seat" when I watched the game later (all the empty seats shown on the telecast).

Reaction Score
QGILWNNDKIZUVSB.20131116011956.jpg

the biggest game of the year, and the first 8 rows in one prime section are empty. "over 15,000" according to Frese, nice try Brenda

Well, they are "prime seats" so maybe they were sold. It isn't her fault that people buy seats and don't show up for the game.

Like I said- the traffic on I-95 was terrible that afternoon. The Beltway and I-95 around Balto and DC are unbelievable on Friday afternoons. Even the traffic going out of the DC area on I-270 and I-70 are bad then. Always have been.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
actually, the traffic in the arena parking lot was awful - took over 25 minutes to get out. It seems to me that, given the crowd of "over 15,000", you might have had some traffic direction/enforcement folks out. Nope. I could see flashing lights a couple of hundred yards away by an intersection, but, there was no presence whatsoever at the parking lot exits.

Reaction Score
actually, the traffic in the arena parking lot was awful - took over 25 minutes to get out. It seems to me that, given the crowd of "over 15,000", you might have had some traffic direction/enforcement folks out. Nope. I could see flashing lights a couple of hundred yards away by an intersection, but, there was no presence whatsoever at the parking lot exits.

To be honest- that was the worst possible time of the week to hold a Maryland home basketball game. All because of tv coverage, I guess.

Reaction Score
I saw that Drexel-Delaware game on TV, very exciting. Drexel had a good player of their own that was nearly matching EDD score for score. She didn't strike me as having WNBA level talent, but a very good Div I player, especially for a mid-major.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
On a similar note North Carolina defeated James Madison this afternoon, 74-71.
Seems many of the top teams (sic) are struggling.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
On a similar note North Carolina defeated James Madison this afternoon, 74-71.
Seems many of the top teams (sic) are struggling.

To be fair, the Dukes are a good "mid major program" and they have some solid wins this season. In addition... Diamond Deshields was a DNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom