MD beats Drexel by 6pts. at home | The Boneyard

MD beats Drexel by 6pts. at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yeah that score caught my eye. I haven't found anything to suggest that Drexel is really tougher than we might have thought.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Hey, a win is a win, right? :cool:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Can you imagine the facial expressions and emotions Geno would be having if he coached the Maryland team and Drexel kept the game close. Its obvious Maryland players & possibly the coaches didn't respect Drexel before the game started.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Can you all imagine the mass hysteria if UCONN beat SBU or BU by 6 points last weekend? Even the fans who have complained about the "boring victories" would have lost their minds.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Drexel is an interesting program. They were 28-10 last year and lost the CAA tournament championship to Delle Donne and the UDel Hens 59-56. They were invited to play in the NIT and proceeded to win the 2013 NIT championship, defeating Auburn, Florida and Utah in successive games. Not bad for a CAA team.

Drexel is coached by Denise Dillon who played for and coached with Harry P at Villanova. One of the players on this year's team is the sister of former Duke player and current NBAer JJ Redick. This year is a rebuilding year and there's no way Drexel should have finished within 10 points of Maryland.

I work at Penn and walk through the Drexel campus a lot. One of these days I'm going to attend a game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I work at Penn and walk through the Drexel campus a lot. One of these days I'm going to attend a game.
Are Penn and Drexel that close in proximity? The must literally be right next to each other? Or do you just live nearby both?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Are Penn and Drexel that close in proximity? The must literally be right next to each other? Or do you just live nearby both?

The two campuses are next to each other in the University City section of Philadelphia.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine the facial expressions and emotions Geno would be having

After seeing some of Brenda's contortions on the sidelines against UConn I would have liked to see her reactions in the game against Drexel.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The two campuses are next to each other in the University City section of Philadelphia.
Been down in that area a couple times. My ex-brother-in-law (ex's brother, and the only decent one out of that family), graduated from Drexel. We went down to his frat house a couple times to see him while he was there. NOT a real nice area where he lived.

Reaction Score
Utterly stunning a massive Maryland crowd of 3,421. :eek:

the actual attendance was closer to 500, counting season ticket holders who never show is one of Brenda's tricks to help recruiting.

Frese tweeted thanks to the 15,000+ fans after the UConn game, the actual attendance was about half (7,000)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, 897 fans watched South Carolina beat Southern Cal last night at the beautiful Galen Center in LA.

Reaction Score
the actual attendance was closer to 500, counting season ticket holders who never show is one of Brenda's tricks to help recruiting.

Frese tweeted thanks to the 15,000+ fans after the UConn game, the actual attendance was about half (7,000)

You sure do make up a lot of things.

First, I was at the UConn game at Comcast and it seemed to be about three quarters full and Comcast holds just under 18,000. So, there was at least 13-14,000 in their seats. I guess you came up with your 7,000 from counting the empty seats from watching the game on cable. That's not going to be that accurate. However you came up with that figure it was not even close and believe me, I have nothing to gain by overestimating the attendance.

Second, counting season ticket holders as actual attendance is not one of Brenda's tricks to help recruiting. I believe every school counts tickets sold as the attendance and contrary to what you believe, I'm sure Brenda doesn't control the official release of attendance at games.

And third, Brenda does not control the MD forum as you have stressed on other occasions. Actually, her husband controls the forum. No, just kidding. There have been many post over there including my own which have criticized Brenda's coaching or her game strategies and they are not deleted by Brenda's henchmen.

I don't know where you come up with this stuff but like your statement of only 7,000 in attendance at the UConn game, you're way off base. You seem like you have a certain agenda and as a result, make up things to support it.

Reaction Score
Turtle you are a little slow,. I was there, there is no way there was " over 15,000 " as Frese tweeted.

Second, Maryland gives boosters points for buying WBB season tickets. The points help the boosters get prime seating for Mens basketball, and football. Can you name another school that does this ?

Rachael Klein took over the MD scout site several months ago, she deletes any valid criticism of Frese . Keith Cavanaugh who is paid by the athletic department, now runs the site.

Reaction Score
Turtle you are a little slow,. I was there, there is no way there was " over 15,000 " as Frese tweeted.

Second, Maryland gives boosters points for buying WBB season tickets. The points help the boosters get prime seating for Mens basketball, and football. Can you name another school that does this ?

Rachael Klein took over the MD scout site several months ago, she deletes any valid criticism of Frese . Keith Cavanaugh who is paid by the athletic department, now runs the site.

You sure have trouble focusing. Now you seem to be saying different things. I'll just stick to what you originally stated.

So you were at the game and you still say there were only 7,000 in attendance. Is this what you are saying? If so, then either you were not at the game or you are fabricating about the attendance because there was no way there were only 7,000 in attendance.

The boosters points have nothing to do with your statement about Brenda's tricks of counting ticket sales as actual attendance. Like I said previously, all teams do this, it is not something Brenda made up. Regarding the boosters points for going to WBB games, this sounds like a good idea to me. Anything to put more fans in the seats would help the WBB games with their overall poor attendance.

I have not seen any deletions on the forum. And Rachael has only been there for a short period of time. Last year MD lost their two starting guards and one of their top freshmen and MD only had 6-7 players and three of those were freshman and yet they still made it to the sweet 16. As such, I would say Brenda did a pretty good job of getting that team that far and the posters on the MD forum have recognized that. Consequently, there has not been much to criticize since Rachael took over the board as you believe.

You sure seem to follow a lot that goes on with the MD WBB team and the MD WBB forum. Are you sure you are not a closet Terps fan?

Reaction Score
You sure have trouble focusing. Now you seem to be saying different things. I'll just stick to what you originally stated.

The boosters points have nothing to do with your statement about Brenda's tricks of counting ticket sales as actual attendance. Like I said previously, all teams do this, it is not something Brenda made up. Regarding the boosters points for going to WBB games, this sounds like a good idea to me. Anything to put more fans in the seats would help the WBB games with their overall poor attendance.

actually the points do create season ticket holders that never attend a game, and no everyone doesn't do it. Can you name a school that does ?

I have not seen any deletions on the forum.

LOL

You sure seem to follow a lot that goes on with the MD WBB team and the MD WBB forum. Are you sure you are not a closet Terps fan?

Basketball fan, not a Frese fan, she embarrassed herself by promising a victory, and getting crushed by an depleted team, that was well coached

Reaction Score
QGILWNNDKIZUVSB.20131116011956.jpg

the biggest game of the year, and the first 8 rows in one prime section are empty. "over 15,000" according to Frese, nice try Brenda

Reaction Score
Given the way you stalk her and the team, they should probably file for a restraining order against you to keep you away.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
QGILWNNDKIZUVSB.20131116011956.jpg

the biggest game of the year, and the first 8 rows in one prime section are empty. "over 15,000" according to Frese, nice try Brenda

I was there, John, and, I "eye-balled" the crowd at about half of that number. I didn't think it was 10,000, much less "over 15,000".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom