McMurphy now tweeting that BC is blocking us | Page 2 | The Boneyard

McMurphy now tweeting that BC is blocking us

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
DiMauro finally gives us BC's point of view... "Be nice to us, or we'll take our ball and go home."

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Supposedly it's FSU, Miami, Clemson, etc... holding out for better football programs.

What move since they moved to the ACC has BCU made that makes good business sense?

Oh and you can bet Notre Dame is in on this too.. pushing BCU in this direction.
can't really blame them. if they can get ND, i'd hold out too.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
can't really blame them. if they can get ND, i'd hold out too.
More like ND is leading them on, so the Big East survives for their Olympic sports. If UConn joins the ACC, ND is MORE likely to have to go to a conference not less.

Reaction Score
More like ND is leading them on, so the Big East survives for their Olympic sports. If UConn joins the ACC, ND is MORE likely to have to go to a conference not less.

unfortunalty, that's the catch 22 - not sure ACC takes UConn w/o ND first

Reaction Score
The irony is that ND and UConn are the 2 teams that the ACC wants, but the two teams have goals that couldn't be farther apart. ND needs UConn (and maybe WVU and Louisville) to stay in the BE so the conference stays viable and ND can have a home for all their non-football sports. They also can keep their independent status, continue to collect NBC money, and have a fast track to a BCS bowl. UConn, on the other hand needs ND to be squirming a bit in fear that the BE will fold. That will only happen if the B-12 comes in and takes WVU and Louisville, and if the ACC decides to take UConn. The ACC is the goal for UConn, while the ACC is a last resort for ND.

The ACC could take the gamble and invite UConn with hopes that it creates the ripple effect and forces ND to make a move. Would only UConn's departure kill the BE is a huge ?. It will be a very rough road if UConn has to wait through WVU and Louisville departures before their ultimate goal is within sight.

This is a scenario where Herbst should also be talking to ND. She may not get a straight answer or the answer she is looking for, but having open channels to ND may be very important down the road.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the BE needs to explode for ND to join the ACC. If that's what has to happen, then let it happen. Let Lou and WVA go to the b12. Take in ECU and UCF. Let the basketball onlies go form their own conference with Fairfield and Holy Cross and whoever. Whatever it takes to get ND to commit to some conference. But we can't continue to make it easy for ND to do nothing. And they will do nothing as long as they have a reasonable spot for their non-football athletics. I could even see them parking the non-revenues in the MAC, they are that comitted to football independence. But whatever we do, we should not provide them with a comfortable conference for their non revenue sports. Syracuse and Pitt just made it a little less comfortable. Louie and WVA will make it a little worse. Can't wait for that UCF/ND basketball game in February.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Clemson is still pissed off about The Shot.
This could be the most liked post so far on the new boneyard.

Reaction Score
No question Bc is still pissed about the nature of the lawsuits, as is Miami. My read is, if the ACC wanted UCONN, Rutty or anyone else it all would have happened already. Uconn has showed their hand. The ACC knows they can add them when and if they want/need them. Until then, Uconn needs to straddle all fences and hope they land on the right side of the fence when its all over

Reaction Score
No question Bc is still pissed about the nature of the lawsuits, as is Miami.

They seem to have gotten over the fact VT and Pitt were both part of the lawsuit.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Sounds like the BE needs to explode for ND to join the ACC. If that's what has to happen, then let it happen. Let Lou and WVA go to the b12. Take in ECU and UCF. Let the basketball onlies go form their own conference with Fairfield and Holy Cross and whoever. Whatever it takes to get ND to commit to some conference. But we can't continue to make it easy for ND to do nothing. And they will do nothing as long as they have a reasonable spot for their non-football athletics. I could even see them parking the non-revenues in the MAC, they are that comitted to football independence. But whatever we do, we should not provide them with a comfortable conference for their non revenue sports. Syracuse and Pitt just made it a little less comfortable. Louie and WVA will make it a little worse. Can't wait for that UCF/ND basketball game in February.
I don't see ND going anywhere. They are holding off the ACC as long as possible hoping to keep UConn and Rutgers in the conference as long as possible. I'll eat my words if someone can show me the ACC gave ND a time limit. Then it is a matter of when that limit expires it's UConn and Rutgers to the ACC. Unless the B1G finally says they better make some moves.

Reaction Score
No question Bc is still pissed about the nature of the lawsuits, as is Miami. My read is, if the ACC wanted UCONN, Rutty or anyone else it all would have happened already. Uconn has showed their hand. The ACC knows they can add them when and if they want/need them. Until then, Uconn needs to straddle all fences and hope they land on the right side of the fence when its all over
The lawsuits are a smokescreen. I've felt that BC and sleazy Gene was behind this whole move to invite Pitt and Syracuse (and not us - very convenient). This move fit his back-stabbing MO to a "t". They will block us out of fear of us and he doesn't want any competition in NE. The lack of integrity this guy shows is truly astounding.

Reaction Score
ACC is not in a rush. But the BE has to explode in its current form. I'm rooting for Lou and WVA to the b12. Actually rooting. Just accelerate the process. The longer we hang on to the illusion, the sillier we'll feel when we finally see it for what it is. Split from the onlies. Bring in every possible school that ND does not want to be associated with. That is the only way to get ND's attention.

I don't see ND going anywhere. They are holding off the ACC as long as possible hoping to keep UConn and Rutgers in the conference as long as possible. I'll eat my words if someone can show me the ACC gave ND a time limit. Then it is a matter of when that limit expires it's UConn and Rutgers to the ACC. Unless the B1G finally says they better make some moves.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No one is blocking UConn because UConn is not a serious candidate for admission.

Reaction Score
The lawsuits are a smokescreen. I've felt that BC and sleazy Gene was behind this whole move to invite Pitt and Syracuse (and not us - very convenient). This move fit his back-stabbing MO to a "t". They will block us out of fear of us and he doesn't want any competition in NE. The lack of integrity this guy shows is truly astounding.
Wrong. BC was not the impetus for the move to the ACC. It is not the impetus now. It is not the impetus for anything. It can vote. But it is not behind this.

Reaction Score

If Louisville, TCU and WVU depart for the B12, that may force their hand. It will also make for some tense moments as we wait to see if our suspicions are correct. I for one will be carrying a defibrillator with me.

Reaction Score
No one is blocking UConn because UConn is not a serious candidate for admission.

If you believe that WVU was told no, and they said as much, wouldn't you assume that they are not a serious candidate? And then UConn, whose President has put out a statement each day since this fiasco exploded has not only not pledged alligence to the BE, but has proactively stated otherwise, would not issue a similar statement, but is somehow no a serious candidate. How do you reconcile these events?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
If Louisville, TCU and WVU depart for the B12, that may force their hand. It will also make for some tense moments as we wait to see if our suspicions are correct. I for one will be carrying a defibrillator with me.
I agree. If the B12 gets its together, the ACC can't afford to wait because they don't know who the B12 will go after. And if I'm the B12 and I'm reading these forums or know anything about what is going on with markets and other conference plans, I take Rutgers an UConn first to stop the ACC in its tracks and to prevent the B!G from making a NE play. The problem I have is I just don't believe the B12 stays together.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The irony is that ND and UConn are the 2 teams that the ACC wants, but the two teams have goals that couldn't be farther apart. ND needs UConn (and maybe WVU and Louisville) to stay in the BE so the conference stays viable and ND can have a home for all their non-football sports. They also can keep their independent status, continue to collect NBC money, and have a fast track to a BCS bowl. UConn, on the other hand needs ND to be squirming a bit in fear that the BE will fold. That will only happen if the B-12 comes in and takes WVU and Louisville, and if the ACC decides to take UConn. The ACC is the goal for UConn, while the ACC is a last resort for ND.

The ACC could take the gamble and invite UConn with hopes that it creates the ripple effect and forces ND to make a move. Would only UConn's departure kill the BE is a huge ?. It will be a very rough road if UConn has to wait through WVU and Louisville departures before their ultimate goal is within sight.

This is a scenario where Herbst should also be talking to ND. She may not get a straight answer or the answer she is looking for, but having open channels to ND may be very important down the road.
many of you keep saying that but ND doesn't care one bit if UCONN stays or not. for hoops, they'd have Nova, Georgetown, SJU, Marquette, Depaul, PC, & Seton Hall - the catholic league. for hoops they could add whoever they wanted (memphis, butler, xavier, whoever) to make a strong hoops conference. none of them would care that ND wouldn't be joining them for football.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
ACC is not in a rush. But the BE has to explode in its current form. I'm rooting for Lou and WVA to the b12. Actually rooting. Just accelerate the process. The longer we hang on to the illusion, the sillier we'll feel when we finally see it for what it is. Split from the onlies. Bring in every possible school that ND does not want to be associated with. That is the only way to get ND's attention.
I agree. My feeling is if the BE members are able to jump ship the ACC can't wait. They are acting as if the B!G is not a player in this current round because otherwise they would have given ND a time limit to decide. So they can wait to see what happens with the B12 to decide whether to make UConn and Rutgers an offer. They are in the drivers seat for their limited set of plays.

I'm flipping on my position with the following. I would love the B!G to blind side them and scoop up Rutgers and UConn. I think UConn and Rutgers come out ahead in the NE recruiting battles for football recruits if they go head to head with Pitt, Cuse and BC. The only problem for me is bb. The bb conference would be less romantic for UConn in the B!G compared to the ACC. But I could live with that. My objection is The B!G plays fugly bb. So if I flip again you will know why.

Reaction Score
many of you keep saying that but ND doesn't care one bit if UCONN stays or not. for hoops, they'd have Nova, Georgetown, SJU, Marquette, Depaul, PC, & Seton Hall - the catholic league. for hoops they could add whoever they wanted (memphis, butler, xavier, whoever) to make a strong hoops conference. none of them would care that ND wouldn't be joining them for football.

excluding Georgetown and Villanova, ND shares little in common with the other schools, save for a handful having catholic affiliations (although ND is not Jesuit). Geography with some, sure but I think the academic profile is more important to ND at this point.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Yes, UConn, by itself, desperate and alone in both hoops and football, will get those ACC and Big 10 honchos off their seat to bring us into the league.

Do you think about what you are writing, or do you just type away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom