McDonalds AA | Page 3 | The Boneyard

McDonalds AA

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Who cares it's all propaganda... Ratings mean nothing. It's all about what u do in college and how u develop as a player. I will take our incoming class over any of the players from Tennessee in a heart beat. Our players will develop into national champions at Tennessee not so much. GENO doesn't care about ratings or polls it's about player development. UCONN doesn't have to prove anything to anyone there success speaks for itself.

I bet the females who made the team care.... and their families, high school, and communities.

Reaction Score
I would be miserable with a demise program hit me up when Duke wins a national title!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lucky for me Im a fan of the Duke Football an MCBB program as well. Hows the UCONN football program looking these days? MCBB ? :cool:
2560762.jpg

Reaction Score
Lucky for me Im a fan of the Duke Football an MCBB program as well. Hows the UCONN football program looking these days? MCBB ? :cool:
I could care less about football or men's basketball and your Duke mens program how they doing this year with all that talent?? Bunch of rich silver spoon cry babies worst men's program around!!! Your pathetic

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I posted a couple weeks ago when they came out with the initial McD AA list that Walker and Coombs were locks, that Gordon had a good chance but I didn't think AEH would make it. All based on their rankings. McD's goes pretty much by the Overall Rankings (combined). As I noted they also look at positions, cause they have to play an actual game. So you need Gs, Ws, Fs, Ps. Sometimes you have to go down the list to get them. This year they had to go a little deep down the list to get the Ps.

They did, however (it seems anyway) went down the list for geography also. They skipped East coast guards/wings (Boykin - NC , AEH - NY, Grissett - NC) to pick two guards from CA (Littleton and Smith). They pretty much divided the teams East and West actually geographically. (for the most part)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Mike Flynn (Blue Star), posted something last night on twitter about "issues" with McD AA, so wondering if the other all star lists will be significantly different?
View attachment 18691
Can't remember a time when Mike did not have "issues" with the McD AA selections. Usually Mike is on one end or the other of the issue-creating it or resolving it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I posted a couple weeks ago when they came out with the initial McD AA list that Walker and Coombs were locks, that Gordon had a good chance but I didn't think AEH would make it. All based on their rankings. McD's goes pretty much by the Overall Rankings (combined). As I noted they also look at positions, cause they have to play an actual game. So you need Gs, Ws, Fs, Ps. Sometimes you have to go down the list to get them. This year they had to go a little deep down the list to get the Ps.
They did, however (it seems anyway) went down the list for geography also. They skipped East coast guards/wings (Boykin - NC , AEH - NY, Grissett - NC) to pick two guards from CA (Littleton and Smith). They pretty much divided the teams East and West actually geographically. (for the most part)
I hate it when people don't listen to you!

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I could care less about football or men's basketball and your Duke mens program how they doing this year with all that talent?? Bunch of rich silver spoon cry babies worst men's program around!!! Your pathetic

"You're" or "You are" would be correct, in the above-referenced sentence.

#DukeGrad
#WaitingTablesAtFancierRestaurants

Reaction Score
Here we go.....

I want to preface this that I am assuming that all RS Juniors return and nobody leaves early for the WNBA draft! If they declare or leave early I will remove them.. (additions are in RED)

1. Tennessee (9)--Cooper, Middleton, Nared, DeShields, Russell, Davis, Hayes, Kushkituah, Westbrook.

2. Lousivlle (8)--Johnson, Shook, Durr, Fuehring, Hines-Allen, Moore, Evans, Kakala
Notre Dame (8)--Boley, Young Mabrey, Ogunbowale, Patberg, Westbeld, Turner, Patterson
Texas (8)--Holmes, Higgs, Hosey, White, Atkins, McCarty, Booth, Patterson

5. UCONN (6)--Dangerfield, Samuelson, Collier, Williams, Coombs, Walker
Baylor (6)--Chou, Cox, Mompremier, Brown, Morris, Richards
Maryland (6)--Charles, Watson Slocum, Fraser, Gillespie, Small
Duke (6)--Odom, Lambert, Belton, Brown, Greenwell, Williams

9. Stanford (5)--Carrington, Fingall, Johnson, Dodson, Williams
UCLA (5)--Corsaro, Hearn, Canada, Drummer, Onyenwere
Ohio State (5)--McCoy, Calhoun, Mitchell, Mavunga, Harper

12. Southern California (4)--Edwards, Adams, Clark, Littleton

13. California (3)--Anigwe, Cowling, Smith
South Carolina (3)--Cuevas-Moore, Wilson, Davis
North Carolina (3)--Walker, Watts, Bailey

16. Florida State (2)--Thomas, White
Michigan State (2)--Reimer, Cooks

Teams with 1 McDonald's AA in 2017-2018

Texas Christian (TCU)
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Harvard
Oregon
Vanderbilt
Penn State
Georgia
Kentucky
Washington
Missouri
Texas Tech
Rutgers
Kansas
LSU
Texas A&M

Alecia Sutton Texas and Anna Wilson Stanford, made the rosters for 2016.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Alecia Sutton Texas and Anna Wilson Stanford, made the rosters for 2016.
Yes. They were on my original list. Not sure what happened. I will have to update anyway as I have gotten some PMs about "rumors" of people not returning next season. I will likely put out a new spreadsheet this summer. Besides. We need some summer convo!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes. They were on my original list. Not sure what happened. I will have to update anyway as I have gotten some PMs about "rumors" of people not returning next season. I will likely put out a new spreadsheet this summer. Besides. We need some summer convo!
You should not listen to rumors, I can personally guarantee you that some players will not return next year. :D

Reaction Score
You're*

I guess Northerners make grammatical errors too, just like us lowly uneducated Southerners.
Seriously your going to correct me a simple mistake we have so much more to worry about in today's world and your going to correct my spelling... U must be a Harvard grad!!! Seriously get a life!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Back on topic - the real problem with rankings and McD's selection is that the universe they are dealing with and the geography is so dispersed, and the money involved for those trying to rank or select so minimal that no one can pretend to evaluate everyone at the high school level - you are left evaluating on box scores (also incredibly sparse and hard to collate), AAU team selection process for the big travel teams which are the ones most frequently seen, and the team selection process for the traveling HS teams which also get seen.

The change USA basketball made by allowing U16 (and U17?) prospects to pay their own way to trials is a recognition of that issue, and the results have been positive in broadening the exposure of a number of kids who have performed better than those 30+ invitees USA has selected in a process similar but a little broader than AA selections. It still limits based on cash in hand because the expenses are probably beyond a bunch of HS ballers, but it is better than what came before.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You know, it is a nice honor to get as a HS kid, but it really signifies less than whichever HS ranking system you subscribe to, or all of them combined, and they are notoriously inaccurate in general for predicting college performance.

It is sort of like 'winning the off-season' in a professional sport - most of those winners don't actually perform very well when the winning actually is tied to a score in the actual games.
Umm, let me parse this so you can give me clarity I I got lost on your comment. There are 24 Players, so for a 4 yr rolling, that's 96 players on current college eligibility ignoring RS or Transfers. Of course than 96 players won't make the college AA list but by a conference standard most will. Some of course peak early, others later. It's a snap shot in time. Of better correlation is the USA 16U, 17U and 19U teams for performance prediction.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom