Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
But those flimsy ankles.

They can’t win away when they have players on one leg.

Weak.

Reaction Score
1000012139.jpg

Reaction Score
This is the best team we've ever had but we'll be judged by March/April. Never want to think championship or bust but it's where I've been at for a while.

We didn't even need anything offensively from AK and Castle. Clingan's statline doesn't do justice to how dominant he was, he destroyed everything Marquette wanted to do offensively and his passing is ridiculous. Hass also dominated on both sides of the ball.
Two things absolutely killed Marquette and you mentioned one Clingan utterly dominated that game every minute he was in there. He scored, he rebounded, he defended and i think he even served a couple beers from the bench. The second thing you didnt mention which was my #2 biggest factor was Castle/Diarras defense on Kolek. If you can disprupt the opposing teams point guard it is extremely disruptive to everything they want to do and it showed. If not for two completely blown defensive assignments that lead to open 3s Marquette doesnt reach 50. That was an absolutely dominant win against a legit top 10 team. If this team stays healthy and continues to play at this level i dont know who beats them. The combination of depth, offensively explosive and elite defense is extremely tough to beat.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well that was pretty crazy honestly. The rebounding was soft early and evidently Dan lit a fire because the defense clamped down and we dominated on the boards. Lots of great passes and efficient offense. Should scare the living crap out of the college basketball universe.

Reaction Score
This is the best team we've ever had but we'll be judged by March/April. Never want to think championship or bust but it's where I've been at for a while.
Forgot to address this. I dont know if this is the best Uconn team ever but i can tell you it is the best regular season team ive ever seen. This team has all the answers and is simply running through the big east. March is going to be wild.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UConn did a better job making Marquette pay for overplaying wings than I can remember against any other school.
The back door cuts and passes had to he demoralizing.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
This team continues to impress. They just keep coming in waves. Ball movement and movement off the ball was on point. They just buried a good Marquette team. I said it to my wife and some coworkers at the beginning of the season that as crazy as I may sound I think this team is better than last year's team. They are so balanced it makes it extremely difficult to come up with a plan to slow them down.

Reaction Score
Two things absolutely killed Marquette and you mentioned one Clingan utterly dominated that game every minute he was in there. He scored, he rebounded, he defended and i think he even served a couple beers from the bench. The second thing you didnt mention which was my #2 biggest factor was Castle/Diarras defense on Kolek. If you can disprupt the opposing teams point guard it is extremely disruptive to everything they want to do and it showed. If not for two completely blown defensive assignments that lead to open 3s Marquette doesnt reach 50. That was an absolutely dominant win against a legit top 10 team. If this team stays healthy and continues to play at this level i dont know who beats them. The combination of depth, offensively explosive and elite defense is extremely tough to beat.
I said it in another thread, Diarra destroyed Kolek and Kolek makes that team go, Hass was also great on offense. Clingan and Diarra were both totally dominant.

If we stay healthy and Clingan stays out of foul trouble I think we're unbeatable on a neutral court. Usually with great teams you worry about a bad shooting night but we have so many guys that enough always step up when the others can't make shots. Our floor is higher than any UConn team I can remember because they're so consistent and our ceiling is as high as any UConn team ever.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Forgot to address this. I dont know if this is the best Uconn team ever but can i tell you it is the best regular season team ive ever seen. This team has all the answers and is simply running through the big east. March is going to be wild.
I don’t think it’s our best team, but it’s really good. The Big East isn’t really that strong this year. Certainly nothing like it was for some of our other teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom