Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Dang…we good.

Are We Good Episode 8 GIF by Law & Order

Reaction Score
Since game 1, I’ve loved watching Spencer play the game this year. He just does everything right.
Seeing him showing the passion again today by pumping up the crowd with his fist punches and then yapping at the opponent has made him my favorite Husky this season. No moment is to big for him.

Reaction Score
Newton almost had another triple double 15/8/8. He had one assist less than Marquett(9). Fantastic game by him in terms of being in the right position and great vision. He raised the team up. Happy for Hass today with 14 and 6 dimes as well. Co-players of the game. Clingan played great too. Freshman looked unintimidated by Marquette.

Reaction Score
Wish I was bold in the prediction thread as I wanted to be, but didn’t want to doom them. Back to back blowouts in Hartford.

Reaction Score
This is the best team we've ever had but we'll be judged by March/April. Never want to think championship or bust but it's where I've been at for a while.

We didn't even need anything offensively from AK and Castle. Clingan's statline doesn't do justice to how dominant he was, he destroyed everything Marquette wanted to do offensively and his passing is ridiculous. Hass also dominated on both sides of the ball.
And he stayed out of foul trouble

Reaction Score
Elite team defense. 50/50 balls/boards/steals/deflections on point. Whoever did the scout(Murray or Kimani) nailed it and took Kolek out of the game.

Thought Donovan finally asserted himself rather than deferring to teammates. One of his best games as a Husky.

Glad we've got Hass off the bench. Stewie starting to show his potential.

Reaction Score
If we defend up to our standard, we are nearly impossible to beat.
As I said in an earlier thread, the only thing that can stop us is injuries. Pedal to the metal for 40 minutes every game. No letdowns.

Reaction Score
We blew out Marquette last year in Hartford so I wasn't surprised. I'm just surprised how we won 14 games and how we do it so surgically perfect. I think we are just so much more efficient on offense on last years team that it makes it hard to guard us. So Castle and Karaban have bad games. Step up Clingan and Diarra. I jut love that we have 7 guys that score double figures on any game. Also, we shot shut down Kolek big time to 7 Pts and 2 assits. Credit goes to Castle and Diarra for great defense on him. That was the key to the game and why this was a blowout.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
A few points:
  • I don’t care what our stats or metrics claim, when our defense is on it is clearly elite. We’ve made a couple truly, high quality teams (Creighton, Marquette) look mediocre on offense.
  • The offense we run may be the most beautiful I’ve seen at this level (and beyond what most NBA offenses have been outside a handful of teams over the past 60 years).
  • I don’t think we’ve played our A game yet. We had a number of sloppy moments, a few defensive lapses and two immensely important players did almost nothing offensively today. If we ever hit on all cylinders we could lap the field.
I think we’re in for a fun next seven weeks.

Reaction Score
Diarra changed the game completely. When he came in and castle went out that's when we went on the run. His high energy D threw Marquette off their offensive game. Kolek had a hard time shaking Diarra who is just a pest. Then Sampson who doesn't have the clingan size but is a much more athletic made their center go away from his game.

Reaction Score
We blew out Marquette last year in Hartford so I wasn't surprised. I'm just surprised how we won 14 games and how we do it so surgically perfect. I think we are just so much more efficient on offense on last years team that it makes it hard to guard us. So Castle and Karaban have bad games. Step up Clingan and Diarra. I jut love that we have 7 guys that score double figures on any game. Also, we shot shut down Kolek big time to 7 Pts and 2 assits. Credit goes to Castle and Diarra for great defense on him. That was the key to the game and why this was a blowout.
Lost at home, won big at Marquette.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom