Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I could not believe that happened. Go for the two. Take it to the hoop, get fouled.
Agree, but this is an area the team is lacking. A true pg and someone who can take you off the bounce. They can be the same guy. Newton is a combo and doesn't get enough seperation and while Hawk has improved in this area, it is still not a strength.

Reaction Score
A very winnable loss. I can’t believe we did nothing offensively when their key 3 went to the bench. Would’ve like to see the ball get inside more towards the end.
Their key 3 are offensive players. They still had their 5 best defensive players on the court.

Reaction Score
Not posting to beat up coaching, we were right there with AJax/Hawk on off nights. BUT….we gotta have a better play design than our last offensive possession to tie or win…just saying

Reaction Score
How were we better this year? Worst finish in conference and lost same game in the tournament.
We're clearly more talented and look way better than those other UConn teams at our best but the same exact end of game problems exist and we still have nothing to show for it in terms of winning the regular season or even making the conference tournament finals. Everything is now on the NCAA tournament. A lot of pressure for a coach and team that hasn't done well with pressure.

Reaction Score
No shame in losing to Marquette. Our 3 starting perimeter players played poorly. Joey missed 2 open looks. Would have liked a TO on last possession, especially without Andre pushing the ball and finding the open man.
Only reason Joey was in so much I think and was in that spot was Hawk was a disaster. If Hawk is scoring Joey isn't getting that much time and being asked to carry that load.

Reaction Score
I just wanted Hawkins to take it to the hole and let them foul him. It was better than a fall away three-pointer
Agreed, but maybe he threw up the 3 because he got the ball so late that he didn’t think he had enough time.

Reaction Score
Lol at people arguing about Clingan and Sanogo. Center has been our strongest position and we have not lost any games because of them.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Only reason Joey was in so much I think and was in that spot was Hawk was a disaster. If Hawk is scoring Joey isn't getting that much time and being asked to carry that load.
While Diarra was out Joey was playing like he did in the OOC. When Diarra came back Joey regressed

Reaction Score
Uh…yes. Clingan has been kept in too long and made mistakes, and he doesn’t finish nearly as strong as Adama does. Adama was the least of our issues today.
We’re not talking about a leaving a guy in too long who played 37 minutes. We’re talking about 10 minutes. You can’t possibly believe he was “kept in too long” in a game where he played 10 minutes.

Adama played fine but Clingan was a difference-maker tonight.

Reaction Score
This game proved how different we are without Andre on the floor. If someone can find our plus minus numbers I bet his was through the roof.
He was -4 in his 15 minutes

Reaction Score
We’re not talking about a leaving a guy in too long who played 37 minutes. We’re talking about 10 minutes. You can’t possibly believe he was “kept in too long” in a game where he played 10 minutes.

Adama played fine but Clingan was a difference-maker tonight.
Again, he was playing against a SF at center. Adama is a better player and would’ve done just the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom