Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was a great game against a Final 4 caliber team with best PG in country that came down to last shot. Not upset really just disappointed not playing tomorrow.

If lost that game in NCAA tourney on the other hand I would be a basket case
Me neither, not upset, just disappointed. I would have been upset if UConn didn’t beat Providence

Reaction Score
Hawkins was having a bad night, yes.
But some posters actually wanted him, the leagues top scorer and teams top scorer, out of the game the last couple of possessions ?

No coach would or should do that to their top scorer.

Reaction Score
The score was 70-68 for the last 2:30 mins. After Sanogo scored on a pass from Hawkins after a loose ball. Never got the ball to Sanogo again. Got two great looks for 3 from Joey. One was after a timeout. Don't understand not calling a timeout. Would have had 8 seconds left. Should have had Naheim in there. He can actually make a play off the dribble

Reaction Score
Some of our fans deserve Kevin Ollie as their coach. We have improved every single year under Hurley and have a great class coming in next year but it's Hurley's fault Jackson and Hawkins do nothing in a two point loss to a top ten team.
It means nothing without any hardware and no NCAA tournament success. There's a ton of pressure on Hurley to make it out of the first weekend next week. We certainly have the team to go much further it's why so many people are picking us for the final 4 but he just has to make it out of the first weekend which shouldn't be difficult to do with this group.

Reaction Score
I was hoping that at least once Hurley would pull a Calhoun and get in Hawkins face and challenge him. Stop coddling all the time. At least once, challenge him to step up and be fierce!

That’s the biggest thing I miss about having a coach like Calhoun.
Did you not see him do it with Newton and Sanogo. If he did it to Hawk too, half the board would call hom unhinged and blame him for Hawk playing "tight."

Reaction Score
Not sure what play? The guy who shot from almost half court was wide open and he had to put it up and he certainly was capable and proved it with nothing but net. That was not luck, just a guy who put up a pretty shot.
Joey C and one other were in his face

caw

Reaction Score
Then why didn’t he play more if it was working?

They put ighodaro back in. Hurley put Sanogo back in. It wasn’t a bad coaching move.

Good game by Marquette they hit all their even semi open shots and UConn missed their open shots. That’s it. Good offensive team who was hot tonight. Maybe UConns defense could have been better but the main flaw was just missing open looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom