Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Newton was abused the entire game without getting calls. But you can't have Hawk and Jackson play like that and win. Marquette's D was great but the team missed wide open threes a few times, missed free throws, threw the ball away on weird I don't know what they were thinking plays and seemingly didn't notice they were getting outplayed until it was too late. Switch to the zone helped, I would have switched back late. People always seem to hammer Adama when we lose. The team had lots of problems tonight, he wasn't even in the top ten of the list.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just finished watching as I had it taped- UConn missed having Jackson in at the end, with 9 seconds to go, he would have brought the ball up in a hurry. Nice game by Allene except for that poor pass. I didn't like the zone actually, I get why it was employed as too many times Marquette could get by the UConn defender 1 on 1, which zone corrects. But, too many good shooters on Marquette, UConn's comeback after being down 10 was fueled in part by them just missing open shots, which they made enough again at end. What a suffocating defense by Marquette, though- Shaka is a really good coach too.

Reaction Score
You love piling on Hurley no matter what, we lost by 2 points in a game where our first round pick couldn’t make a shot…and our other two shooters couldn’t get it going. I know you hate Hurley but be objective a little bit about where the fault lies.
Karaban went 4-5 from the field and hit both treys.

Reaction Score
I would’ve called the time out and thought it was going to happen but it didn’t. And I’m okay with it. Do you really think we would’ve gotten a shot off if we let Shaka set up his defense? We have been terrible with the X’s and O’s on setting up shots for last second opportunities. Hawk wasn’t a great option tonight but we probably would’ve turned the ball over if we called the time out.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Newton should have driven to the hoop on the last possession, not end up in the corner and then pass with little time left to Hawkins. We only needed two points to tie! Strange decisions at key points.
He needed to push the ball upcourt at a much higher tempo. He seemed to be in no rush and that was a large part if what left us with Hawkins forcing a step-back while guarded.

There is however plenty of blame to go around on this loss.

Reaction Score
On to the tournament. Need to win some games there or it’s tough to call this season progress. Regular season rankings and early season tournament wins are mostly meaningless. No regular season title and another BET semi exit. Think and hope we can win a couple in the next few weeks because Hurley and this team need to turn the voodoo around.

Reaction Score
When your best player has a very off game, it's going to be hard to win. Hawk missed a number of wide open threes. Joey C had two very clean looks down the stretch and couldn't hit one... that's the way it goes.... shots made (like the bomb the Marquette guy made as the clock was running down) and shots missed, like a number from Hawkins and the last two from Joey C... We are still a threat in the Big Dance... I hope!

Reaction Score
Yes, we should all be content with mediocrity.

Agreed. We lost to the #6 team in the country, not St Johns
Exactly. All of a sudden losing to the conference champs by 2 points after playing great for the last 10 games and putting all that in perspective is accepting mediocrity? Some of you guys are so fragile and think we should never lose under any circumstances. You don't accept mediocrity. Ok. Now what? Gonna picket outside Gampel?

Reaction Score
I dont mind the 3 as the last shot to win it. But, UConn should have had a much better look at 3 to win it. Thats what the coach is for, thats what player execution is for. Too many times, UConn games has ended this way this season. Thats my biggest gripe.

Reaction Score
It was a great game against a Final 4 caliber team with best PG in country that came down to last shot. Not upset really just disappointed not playing tomorrow.

If lost that game in NCAA tourney on the other hand I would be a basket case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom