Marquette Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I’m glad we won. That said.

There is no excuse for playing Polley and Gaffney as much anymore. Gaffney is lost and turns the ball over on the offensive end, and fouls on the defensive end. Polley is an absolute defensive liability and gives nothing to the team besides streaky shooting (streaky is generous). We have to figure out a way to get Hawkins going. Also, I love Whaley but he has a limited ceiling and has literally gotten worse at basketball and I would rather Akok and Johnson get some of his minutes. If he isn’t a back to the basket big, he doesn’t help us offensively.

Defensively, Hurley needs to STOP hard hedging screens. It doesn’t create turnovers and then the opposing big slips and we rotate leaving weak side three point shooting WIDE OPEN.

Adama needs to pass out of the post. He didn’t a single time tonight. Had multiple turnovers and several shots that didn’t have a chance.

For a team so long, we get nothing at the rim. Did we dunk at all this game?

Also given the Hurley quote this week about age, the Marquette fresh and sophs certainly gave UConn everything we could handle. Thank god Darryl Morsell was out. We have such a long way to go.

Reaction Score
I was screaming at my TV so loudly for a TO when they were on a 9-2 run my neighbor banged on the wall. What'd it get to before we called it... 16-6 run? In like 8 minutes? That was inexcusable. We have a comfortable lead and win by 10 if we come out of a TO and chamge the momentum there.

Also nix the high weave. It's terrible. Playground ball is better.

The adjustment to cover Lewis with a high side double was great. Credit where credit is due. Akok executed pretty well too. He's growing.

Happy to see us go away from Gaff and Polley late. It needed to be done.

Steps in the right direction.

Reaction Score
When Marquette drives to the hoop and we shoot 3s, they go on a big run. When UConn drives to the hoop and they shoot 3s, UConn goes on a big run.

Lesson: drive to the hoop, especially against a team with the slowest foot speed you'll ever see.

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson looked good again. Played within himself, took some good looks, and his passing was very good. I’m hoping he develops the finishing skills to be more of a scorer but he’s been playing pretty well recently.
Agree. I’ve been a huge critic but he’s playing much more under control. Still needs to work on his on the ball D, but making much better decisions.

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson looked good again. Played within himself, took some good looks, and his passing was very good. I’m hoping he develops the finishing skills to be more of a scorer but he’s been playing pretty well recently.
Not sure where all the Ajax criticism comes from. Does he make mistakes. Sure. But his mistakes are like our 10th biggest problem

Reaction Score
Completely agree on the Pick-n-roll defense. If we do this against better teams we’ll get shredded.
I don’t get why he loves doing it. It’s so easy to figure out if you just move the ball to the opposite side. Just be solid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom