Marisa Moseley named head coach at her alma mater Boston University. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Marisa Moseley named head coach at her alma mater Boston University.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In a way I hope they bring in someone outside the UCONN family - who are some of the great "recruiting" assistants out there? I'm sure I will be thrilled whoever they hire. I know they will hire the best person for the job that needs to be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UConn pays its assistants exceptionally well, and just about every one of them who left ended up with a head coaching gig. I have to believe there’s a couple hundred qualified young assistants polishing up their resume at this very minute.

Reaction Score
Congratulations and many thanks to Marisa, I don't think Jamelle is looking to come back to UConn as the 3rd Assistant Coach. My guess is that Geno will take a serious look at promoting Chloe Pavlich to a full time assistant as I believe she's been with the Huskies now for 3 seasons as a grad assistant/intern.
Actually only two seasons.

Reaction Score
I think these things happen in a period of time and is not a surprise so I bet Geno has at least a small list of candidates and maybe even a replacement choice already. These things are often choreographed.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Actually only two seasons.
You are correct. You may also be aware that it was Marisa who originally arranged for Chloe to interview with Geno for the graduate assistant position at UConn.

Reaction Score
Please bring back Jasmine Lister as new Assistant coach!
16-Jasmine-Lister.jpg

:D:D:D

Reaction Score
Kelly Faris apparently wishes to remain in basketball rather than explore other options. I never felt that she was a candidate for the pro game, but have always thought of her as the ultimate college player, and one who could make a natural transition into coaching. It is said that one cannot coach effort, but Kelly might be the very one to test that theory. I'd love to see her back in Storrs, and think this might be just the spot for her.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Kelly Faris apparently wishes to remain in basketball rather than explore other options. I never felt that she was a candidate for the pro game, but have always thought of her as the ultimate college player, and one who could make a natural transition into coaching. It is said that one cannot coach effort, but Kelly might be the very one to test that theory. I'd love to see her back in Storrs, and think this might be just the spot for her.

Kelly does not meet the minimum qualifications in the job posting. I started a thread with the UConn job posting for the position.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Definitely gonna miss her such a beautiful lady who can dress...oh yeah and the players seemed to love her

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Kelly does not meet the minimum qualifications in the job posting. I started a thread with the UConn job posting for the position.

Also must be prepared to be loud and loquacious. Kelly, not so much.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just getting around to this thread. Anyone mention Precious as a replacement?

I really like that idea a lot. But, I think she has business interests in Florida beyond the coaching.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Congratulations and many thanks to Marisa, I don't think Jamelle is looking to come back to UConn as the 3rd Assistant Coach. My guess is that Geno will take a serious look at promoting Chloe Pavlich to a full time assistant as I believe she's been with the Huskies now for 3 seasons as a grad assistant/intern.
Her predecessor comes to mind as well, though her name doesn't. But I know you know who I mean. (from Vanderbilt)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Does not seem like a step up to go from assistant at UConn to HC at BU.

I don't think this is viewed as a step up, rather a step out. She'll go to BU and learn the nuances of being a head coach as Dawn Staley did at Temple. Like Staley, the "step up" will come with her next job after BU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Congratulations to Marisa. I would say that puts Shea at the top of the list, although depending on Jen's success at GW, she may be in the mix, too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom