Marisa Moseley named head coach at her alma mater Boston University. | The Boneyard

Marisa Moseley named head coach at her alma mater Boston University.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
"This is a great day for BU women's basketball. BU is getting an amazing person who has the ability to transform the women's program and create excitement that the players, the University and the fans can rally around. Marisa possesses the same qualities that every successful coach has: passion, energy, compassion, discipline and the ability to communicate effectively to her players. We are going to miss Marisa. She has made a lasting impact on our program and in the hearts of our coaches and players. I will miss her personally as a coach and more as a friend. Congrats to Marisa and BU."

Geno Auriemma
UConn Head Coach, 11-time NCAA champion

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Oh wow!!

Big congratulations to MM, time marches on and I'm happy for her on this new phase in her career!

Big loss for the staff , she has always seemed like a gem and beloved by all. Wonder what comes next for the staff in Storrs?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Congratulations and many thanks to Marisa, I don't think Jamelle is looking to come back to UConn as the 3rd Assistant Coach. My guess is that Geno will take a serious look at promoting Chloe Pavlich to a full time assistant as I believe she's been with the Huskies now for 3 seasons as a grad assistant/intern.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This is an exciting opportunity to offer a recruit's parent a job, right!! Okay, bad joke. Marisa's been terrific at UConn and I wish her much success in her new position. If she can breathe life into her Alma Mater's program that will be great. The speculation over who and why in her replacement will be terrific and might actually make some of the hand wringing go away. Maybe it'll be EDD (that's also a bad joke, though CT is home to a lot of fine furniture making).

Reaction Score
Congratulations and many thanks to Marisa, I don't think Jamelle is looking to come back to UConn as the 3rd Assistant Coach. My guess is that Geno will take a serious look at promoting Chloe Pavlich to a full time assistant as I believe she's been with the Huskies now for 3 seasons as a grad assistant/intern.
But the opening is for someone to coach post/front court players, no?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wow, that's a bit of a surprise in that I would have thought a P5 school but it is Boston, it is her Alma Mater and she should be able to make an immediate impact. Congrats!

Mmm, I am of mixed feelings on Jamelle coming back. I am usually for new blood coming in to invigorate a program and develop the next generation of coaches. Jamelle may need to see how a few other coaches conduct their programs to gain a broader perspective as she already is familiar with Geno's style. Go to another P5 school and see how those schools have the programs set up. Taking her back wouldn't be the worst thing as obviously they all know her, like her and respect her. I just hope she gets whatever role she applies for as I do think she's a hard worker, professional and class act who is an inspiration to young women.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Change.gif

I don't do well with change!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
But the opening is for someone to coach post/front court players, no?
Good question. I’ve always known that CD has the forwards and Shea the guards, but I’m not exactly certain if Marisa has a specific position responsibility. She may simply back up CD.

With that said, while Chloe played guard at MD, a good coach should be able to coach any position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom