Margo Briefly Mentions UConn vs South Carolina | The Boneyard

Margo Briefly Mentions UConn vs South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

Typical Die Hard Lady Vol Fan, just can't say UConn is good. :)

Preview of Kentucky vs Lady Vols

Reaction Score
Another one that thinks UConn gets home cooking. I've never heard so many conspiracy theories regarding UConn's low number of fouls committed. Some South Carolina fans believe refs only call fouls on UConn once the game is decided just to make the stats look even. Some also complained that it's unfair that the foul calls last Monday clearly favored offense. Guess fans of SEC teams are just used to seeing teams in the double bonus by the 2nd TV TO.

Reaction Score
People actually take time to listen to this woman? Oh My God after a minute I wanted to hit my head against something. Glad she trash talking her SEC teams.. Florida and South Carolina... nice.

Home cooking?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If you win by 25 points, it's a legitimate convincing victory. Period. Call me about officiating the next time UConn wins a close game (an issue we know UConn has best solved that issue by not having any).

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Another one that thinks UConn gets home cooking. I've never heard so many conspiracy theories regarding UConn's low number of fouls committed. Some South Carolina fans believe refs only call fouls on UConn once the game is decided just to make the stats look even. Some also complained that it's unfair that the foul calls last Monday clearly favored offense. Guess fans of SEC teams are just used to seeing teams in the double bonus by the 2nd TV TO.
Some of those fans are bat crazy. Seriously. Their level of delusion regarding all things UCONN knows no bounds. UCONN cheats to get recruits. Geno's record is great because he plays mostly cupcakes. Refs are in UCONN's back pocket. Geno can't coach - he only wins because he somehow recruits good players. UCONN doesn't develop players. Go to UCONN and you will sit on the bench if you aren't a star. It goes on and on.

And they think that because they say it often enough, it must be true. Still, we get the last laugh. As they struggle to even make a final 4, UCONN continues to win and win and win...

They still complain about the call at the end of the first half where Cuevas lowered her shoulder and nearly slammed Stewie into the players tunnel. And in the 2nd half when Mitchell had a hold of KML's arm, KML shook her off and promptly drained a 3. Some people only see what they want to see in spite of all the facts to the contrary.

Reaction Score
If any individual has paid attention to women's collegiate basketball over the last 20+ seasons and comes away with the notion that the UConn women BENEFIT from one-sided officiating, that individual is stark raving mad.

It is EXACTLY the opposite.

Reaction Score
Well then let's just hope UCONN and Tenn meet in this year's NCAA tournament...........right Margo?!?!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well then let's just hope UCONN and Tenn meet in this year's NCAA tournament......right Margo?!?!
I have to say that I have no desire to see UConn and Tenn meeting the tourney. It's kind of like seeing your old girlfriend after 20 years. She's not a hot 20 year old college student anymore (of course neither are you but that beside the point.) So I'd be content for them to be eliminated in the first weekend so we can focus on teams like South Carolina, who are up and coming.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
In general, UConn's fouls occur when rebounding (over the back types), knocking a player over when going after loose balls, the occasional moving screen, or charging into the defender. The types of fouls generally seen from opponents are when the defender can't keep up with the UConn player and swipes at the ball or when she doesn't move her feet and reaches in to defend. In other words, UConn's fouls generally don't create free throw opportunities while the opponents' will. The crybabies need to stop counting the number of whistles and notice the circumstances in which the fouls occur.

Reaction Score
Bring on the ORANGE! Number two seed in UCONN bracket. Bring on the ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE !!!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Of course Gamecock fans would never acknowledge Dozier's kidney shot to Stewie or Coates' attempt to rip Stewie's arm off going up court and other actions that sound like "uggh" with letters added. There was a good deal of whining on CockyTalk about the 23-10 FTA advantage UConn had over USCar, and it possibly could have been higher considering the nasty crap by the Gamecocks that wasn't called, but UConn just doesn't foul much, and the game advantage wasn't far off the average of 17-9 that the Huskies have had this year.

The big problem for these SEC teams is they get dependent on getting a lot of FTAs, as USCar is averaging almost 23 a game and UTenn is at around 21. When they play teams that can defend without fouling, they think something is wrong that the refs aren't giving them their divinely required number of FTAs. So when USCar goes to UConn and only gets 10 or to Georgia the game before and just get 18, it has to be home cooking, which they know about since they got 30 at home versus Texas A&M and 47 against poor Savannah St. Likewise UTenn at home has gotten 37 against Tennessee St., 38 against St. Francis, and 34 against Oregon St., so they think they're homecooking smells sweet.

But the BY should really stop posting threads about either USCar or UTenn because their fans seem to think that we just mention their teams because we're so afraid of them. They do worship their RPI ratings, so we know they are very knowledgeable fans on CockyTalk. :eek:

Reaction Score
Dang, just get it over in the regional. Put them all in our bracket. Knock em down like bowling pins.

Reaction Score
Of course Gamecock fans would never acknowledge Dozier's kidney shot to Stewie or Coates' attempt to rip Stewie's arm off going up court and other actions that sound like "uggh" with letters added. There was a good deal of whining on CockyTalk about the 23-10 FTA advantage UConn had over USCar, and it possibly could have been higher considering the nasty crap by the Gamecocks that wasn't called, but UConn just doesn't foul much, and the game advantage wasn't far off the average of 17-9 that the Huskies have had this year.

The big problem for these SEC teams is they get dependent on getting a lot of FTAs, as USCar is averaging almost 23 a game and UTenn is at around 21. When they play teams that can defend without fouling, they think something is wrong that the refs aren't giving them their divinely required number of FTAs. So when USCar goes to UConn and only gets 10 or to Georgia the game before and just get 18, it has to be home cooking, which they know about since they got 30 at home versus Texas A&M and 47 against poor Savannah St. Likewise UTenn at home has gotten 37 against Tennessee St., 38 against St. Francis, and 34 against Oregon St., so they think they're homecooking smells sweet.

But the BY should really stop posting threads about either USCar or UTenn because their fans seem to think that we just mention their teams because we're so afraid of them. They do worship their RPI ratings, so we know they are very knowledgeable fans on CockyTalk. :eek:
You're really saying they play like thugs?? Nothing wrong with a hard, physical game.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
You're really saying they play like thugs?? Nothing wrong with a hard, physical game.
Certainly not Mitchell, Wilson, or Cuevas, but as noted here and in other threads, the behavior of Coates and Dozier leaves a pretty foul taste on some plays. If you are okay with the "Nothing wrong with hard, physical play" description of Dozier's obvious shot to Stewie's kidney at around the 12:00 mark of the first half or of Coates grabbing Stewie's arm and trying to wrench it off as they're going up court late in the second half, that's your opinion, but it ain't mine.

I guess we will just have to disagree about what constitutes acceptable play on the court, and kidney shots and overhead arm twisting seems way overboard to me.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Certainly not Mitchell, Wilson, or Cuevas, but as noted here and in other threads, the behavior of Coates and Dozier leaves a pretty foul taste on some plays. If you are okay with the "Nothing wrong with hard, physical play" description of Dozier's obvious shot to Stewie's kidney at around the 12:00 mark of the first half or of Coates grabbing Stewie's arm and trying to wrench it off as they're going up court late in the second half, that's your opinion, but it ain't mine.

I guess we will just have to disagree about what constitutes acceptable play on the court, and kidney shots and overhead arm twisting seems way overboard to me.
Thought it was a gut shot, not a kidney shot? Anyway, either way it was a cheap shot.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Margo used to be amusing, but after you've seen a few of these they're just not worth the time.
She loves her team, so good for her.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Thought it was a gut shot, not a kidney shot? Anyway, either way it was a cheap shot.
Hard to tell exactly what Stewie's arm was covering while she was down on the floor but to me it looked more up around the kidneys than down around the guts, especially since Dozier was straight up when the hit was made so that it would have placed it higher up just under the rib cage. But again, hard to tell, and once Stewie was standing she was determined not to show any sign of pain.

In any case, it was a "no guts" shot by Dozier.

Reaction Score
Some of those fans are bat crazy. Seriously. Their level of delusion regarding all things UCONN knows no bounds. UCONN cheats to get recruits. Geno's record is great because he plays mostly cupcakes. Refs are in UCONN's back pocket. Geno can't coach - he only wins because he somehow recruits good players. UCONN doesn't develop players. Go to UCONN and you will sit on the bench if you aren't a star. It goes on and on.

And they think that because they say it often enough, it must be true. Still, we get the last laugh. As they struggle to even make a final 4, UCONN continues to win and win and win...

They still complain about the call at the end of the first half where Cuevas lowered her shoulder and nearly slammed Stewie into the players tunnel. And in the 2nd half when Mitchell had a hold of KML's arm, KML shook her off and promptly drained a 3. Some people only see what they want to see in spite of all the facts to the contrary.
Why its just like politics! ;^)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Teams seem to think UCONN is soft and they can be physically intimidated. Nothing is further from the truth. UCONN can, and does give as good as it gets.

So if Tennessee or South Carolina or Notre Dame want to mix it up, let them. The end result will be the same - a loss by 18 to 25 points.

BTW - Kaleena did a nice job of shedding Mitchell with a little hip check and then dropping the 3!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Not exactly UConn's forte -- or should it be -- especially now without Stef to give a little "love tap" to over-the-top players on the other side. Hate to think who should be assigned the enforcer role on this year's squad, though I'm sure Kiah could be a little "overeager" on a block and knock the player along with the ball into the stands.

KML can certainly bulldoze, but that was not a hip check on Mitchell, just a quick shedding of a player who was hanging on her arm. UConn has imported a Canadian to take care of any hip checks that are needed, and if any damage is done she can also serve as a Nurse.

Reaction Score
i thought she gave up props. Listen the fact that she mentioned us was monumental for her. She was gonna give a shout out to Moriah Jefferson but then stopped herself. She stated that we man handled them.

Reaction Score
Some people only see what they want to see in spite of all the facts to the contrary.

Ain't that the truth, in WCBB and in life. The interesting thing about reading other fan's boards is that they vomit this unmitigated crap not just during a game thread, but on and on and on. One board, that hates all things Geno more than they love the little baby Jesus, conveniently forget the fact that their sainted former coach benefited from the most egregious booster tampering to obtain players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom