March Madness (Other Games Thread) | Page 27 | The Boneyard

March Madness (Other Games Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rooting for Hawaii, N. Iowa, & Gonzaga at this point. The pickings are getting slim.

Reaction Score
How on earth did this team beat Michigan State?

Tom Izzo, the greatest coach ever, stayed in man to man for the full 40 even though MTSU was shredding it with their athleticism. They couldn't get stops and gave up nearly 100.

Guess he should have tried some zone.

Reaction Score
Syracuse shouldn't have made the tournament and their reward for cheating and playing pretty lousy all season is getting one of the easiest paths you will ever see. I hate everything about the tournament this year.

Reaction Score
OU has been less than impressive but the home advantage has helped tremendously.

Reaction Score
Will we ever play a tourney game in CT?

Based on how Hartford went in 1998 probably not.

But I'll take the regionals at MSG and Barclay every other year.

Reaction Score
We did in 1990. Won't happen again since XL is a home court and none of the other arenas are big enough. We did get Worcester once in '05 but lost.

Reaction Score
Syracuse shouldn't have made the tournament and their reward for cheating and playing pretty lousy all season is getting one of the easiest paths you will ever see. I hate everything about the tournament this year.
Agreed, but its gets harder from here. Gonzaga is playing really well right now, and I think will give the zone fits. If they get past them, they probably get Virginia who will handle them.

Reaction Score
Agreed, but its gets harder from here. Gonzaga is playing really well right now, and I think will give the zone fits. If they get past them, they probably get Virginia who will handle them.
Yeah, this was a great run for them, but I think it's over. I think it'll be Gonzaga vs. ISU/Virginia.

Reaction Score

Perhaps but if your putting your faith in Mark Few and UVA in March that's a risky spot to be in.

Reaction Score
TD Garden hosting in 2018 (potentially huge year for us)

Didn't realize that. Hopefully with NYC and Boston as the eastern regional sites the next 2 years we have a great season and get sent there.

Reaction Score
Perhaps but if your putting you faith in Mark Few and UVA in March that's a risky spot to be in.
You're putting faith in Jim Boeheim. They make the Final Four once a decade. Already did that in 2013. They'll be out before the Final Four.

Reaction Score
You're putting faith in Jim Boeheim. They make the Final Four once a decade. Already did that in 2013. They'll be out before the Final Four.

That's still more Final Fours than Gonzaga has made. We'll see what happens. Gonzaga, Iowa State, and UVA are certainly equipped to be able to handle the zone. But that's the weakest bracket left by far and is doable for Syracuse if they play well.

Reaction Score
Not sold on Zags or Virginia. Dayton, MTSU, Zags and possibly Virginia for a team who shouldn't have made the tournament is a ridiculously easy path.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Rainbow warriors struggling now

That's an understatement. Maryland went on a 14-0 run over the course of just 2 minutes.

Reaction Score
If anyone thought Middle Tennessee St. was going to beat Cuse today than they are clueless. These teams who play out of their minds on Day 1 rarely come back and play a good game on Day 2. Plus, they only had 2 days to play against the Cuse zone. We make fun of it all the time, but this is one of those times where it is a huge advantage. Those guys never saw that kind of zone in C-USA.

Gonzaga has almost a full week to prepare for the zone, and has the guys to dismantle it. And if the don't, Cuse gets to play Virginia who plays against it every year, or Iowa State, who is one of the best offensive teams in the country.

I give Cuse credit...they are in the Sweet 16. But they beat an overseeded 7, and a 15 to get there. They will have to earn it next weekend more than they did this weekend.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Maryland just turned it into another gear. Kansas-Maryland will be very interesting.
Maryland doesn't protect the paint well enough to slow KU down, I don't think.

Reaction Score
LOL, the terps have shot 15 free throws and Hawaii has only shot one

Reaction Score
Maryland is a team I've been high on all year long. Think they underperformed half of the season, but they have a very solid starting 5. They'll be overpowered by Kansas, but I think they'd give some 2 seeds a run like Nova and Xavier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom