March Madness (Other Games Thread) | Page 31 | The Boneyard

March Madness (Other Games Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Based on the fact I've watched 25 teams in 4 days run abortions of offenses in big spots... the coaching in high school must be awful and the AAU teams must be killing this sport because the possessions are impossibly bad.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Based on the fact I've watched 25 teams in 4 days run abortions of offenses in big spots... the coaching in high school must be awful and the AAU teams must be killing this sport because the possessions are impossibly bad.

I can't explain what happened tonight, other than sketchy calls and baffling play calling resulted in every P5 pulling out close wins over ever non-P5.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
It's amazing (actually sad is a better word) how some of these teams get multiple possession leads late in the game and then just completely stop running an offense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You seriously think St. Joe's and Oregon are equal teams? This is just stupid.

I think Oregon is marginally better. I just watched them play in Spokane and if Oregon didn't make two huge threes in the last few minutes St Joe's probably would have held on.

So sure they are somewhat better but ran up their resume against the most overrated conference you could find. There was a reason a three seed from the Pac 12 was a dog to an 11 seed from the WCC.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thursday's slate is ridiculous.

Kansas/Maryland
Miami/Nova
Oregon/Duke
Oklahoma/A&M

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

Kansas/Maryland
Miami/Nova
Oregon/Duke
Oklahoma/A&M
Kansas, Miami, Oregon, I don't care.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Kansas/Maryland
Miami/Nova
Oregon/Duke
Oklahoma/A&M

It will be interesting how much more balanced the officiating is in 3 of those games than in the other one. I have a feeling that Villanova will find itself on the wrong end of a lot of 50/50 calls on Thursday.

Reaction Score
You seriously think St. Joe's and Oregon are equal teams? This is just stupid.
Oregon really isn't much better than St. Joe's. If the St. Joe's of the world could get P5 teams on their home courts on a regular basis, you'd see them win a lot of those games.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It's amazing (actually sad is a better word) how some of these teams get multiple possession leads late in the game and then just completely stop running an offense.

You didn't watch too many UConn games this year, eh?

Reaction Score
Oregon really isn't much better than St. Joe's. If the St. Joe's of the world could get P5 teams on their home courts on a regular basis, you'd see them win a lot of those games.

How did Dayton do against a team that shouldn't have even been in the tournament, just curious?

Oregon is a lot better than St Joes, but not coached very well.

Reaction Score
How did Dayton do against a team that shouldn't have even been in the tournament, just curious?

Oregon is a lot better than St Joes, but not coached very well.
I assume we're baking the coaching into the quality of the team. Oregon is more talented, but St. Joe's was as good a team--or close to as good a team.

St. Joe's is a team that impressed me. I didn't think much of them, and they acquitted themselves well. Too bad they couldn't finish the job against Nike U.

Reaction Score
Oregon and Nova are very alike, 4 guard hybrid offense, only one post player. The front courts of KU and UNC will abuse both.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Final 44 seconds of regulation - Texas A&M down 12 to Northern Iowa
(must watch on YouTube)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics