Making Preparations for Fresno State - Need Suggestions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Making Preparations for Fresno State - Need Suggestions

Reaction Score
This advice makes the most sense given they will be driving to the game from NY Hudson Valley area. Doesn't take them 3+ hours in the opposite direction!
A lot of good, practical advice so far. I know people that live in the towns mentioned, and have nothing against them, but as someone who likes to travel a lot they're convenient but may not offer a very uniquely Connecticut feel. West Hartford center has fewer options than Manchester, but also has fewer chain restaurants. uconntailgater suggested New Hampshire and Vermont if you have time after the game, and those would be great. If you don't have time to go that far, I'd suggest the western part of CT. Anywhere in Litchfield county is really beautiful and a lot less built up than the towns around the stadium. There are lots of scenic roads, covered bridges, Kent Falls, and small wineries, which it sounds like you might enjoy. It's my favorite area in state to get out on my motorcycle. Hopkins Inn and vineyard is just an example to give you an idea. Litchfield the town is small but also has a decent number of bars, restaurants, and local ice cream. The shoreline is also nice, if less exciting than what you'd get back home in CA. Mystic has a historic port as well as a small, more modern downtown. Branford has a decent brewery on the water. Stonington has a winery on the water. Lots of options. Enjoy the planning!
While the food is somewhat tired and fine, but not great, I don't know of a more beautiful site to have lunch outdoors on a nice day than Hopkins Inn, looking down at Lake Waramaug.

Reaction Score
Wait what's wrong with Manchester and Vernon, I lived in Vernon before moving to Arizona. For people who live in Arizona pizza anywhere in Connecticut is better than anything we can get out here. I go to Vernon pizza or Paul's whenever I am home to visit. Thinking about it now not sure where you would stay in either town. I know they have changed in the 14 years I have not lived there.

Reaction Score
I have wine shipped to me all the time but I believe it is true that there are some wineries that don't want to go through the process. I think it's referred to here:
Direct Shipment of Wine
If you need somebody to take delivery on your wine I can guarantee safe passage to the Blue lot for Fresno. My charge is one bottle at cost. As a wine guy I love the the whole idea. I have an empty bottle of CU wine from Boulder which is my wife's alma mater. The wine was actually pretty good! Enjoy your trip here.

Reaction Score
There's ways to bring wine on a flight which I would think would comply with local laws since it is meant for personal travel. There are specific totes designed to go on flights, you can find them on Amazon. That would seem to me would avoid the "shipping" issue as it would always vaguely be in your possession. IANAL of course.

Thankfully a lot of wine bottles are in and around the same size. As a beer guy I could never do what people do with wine. Maybe bomber bottles fit into those totes but not likely 12 ouncers and whatnot. But again, wine should probably be cool.

Reaction Score
There's ways to bring wine on a flight which I would think would comply with local laws since it is meant for personal travel. There are specific totes designed to go on flights, you can find them on Amazon. That would seem to me would avoid the "shipping" issue as it would always vaguely be in your possession. IANAL of course.

Thankfully a lot of wine bottles are in and around the same size. As a beer guy I could never do what people do with wine. Maybe bomber bottles fit into those totes but not likely 12 ouncers and whatnot. But again, wine should probably be cool.
TMI, dude. TMI.

• Haha
Reactions: THC

THC

Reaction Score
Look, if you don't want the TSA to go through your stuff that's the best way to do things.
The ole prison wallet. Way more fashion forward than a fanny pack.

Reaction Score
The ole prison wallet. Way more fashion forward than a fanny pack.
Now that you mention it, "fanny pack" would be a good euphemism for it.

• Haha
Reactions: THC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom