Lunardi’s Latest Bracketology | The Boneyard

Lunardi’s Latest Bracketology

Reaction Score
10 seed vs Colorado.

1612289121806.jpeg

Reaction Score
would be cool to play a couple of basketball games before March. If we roll a healthy team out for the rest of Feb and March I feel like we bump up higher than a 7,8,9,10 seed...

Reaction Score
Seems imminently fair to me. With Bouk and Akok, we are the team NO ONE would want to face.

Reaction Score
If we avoid Gonzaga and Baylor until at least the Elite 8 I don't really care who we draw. I like our chances against anyone. DEFENSE wins in March. Teams get tight, they have poor offensive nights, so the teams that consistently play great defense are the ones who tend to advance. For this reason alone I like where we stand. Just need to get healthy and get in the tournament. The Big East is also wildly underrated this year in my opinion. There should be 4 BE teams in the top 25, not 2.

Reaction Score
Yeah, tbh I’d sign up for this draw right now.
What I’ve seen from Alabama is that they love the 3, our 3 point defense has been pretty good. However they play small... really small, so Sanogo could take over on offense but might not see much run ala St. John’s.

Reaction Score
If we avoid Gonzaga and Baylor until at least the Elite 8 I don't really care who we draw. I like our chances against anyone. DEFENSE wins in March. Teams get tight, they have poor offensive nights, so the teams that consistently play great defense are the ones who tend to advance. For this reason alone I like where we stand. Just need to get healthy and get in the tournament. The Big East is also wildly underrated this year in my opinion. There should be 4 BE teams in the top 25, not 2.

I agree, but having the best guards win in March as well.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Imagine the damage a healthy UConn team could do in a bracket like that!

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
We need to play (and win) games. Seems to be no urgency on our part though ?

Reaction Score
I love seeing multiple bigs out of Mountain West, A-10, Missouri Valley and WCC.

Once the bubble will become a little clearer, my rooting interests during conference tournaments is to have the surefire mid-major at-larges lose and then have one of the better bubble-ish teams win.

For example, I'd love San Francisco to win the WCC and Gonzaga gets an at-large or Colorado wins the MWC and San Diego State gets an at large.

The less mediocre power-five schools, the better.

Reaction Score
The Big East is also wildly underrated this year in my opinion. There should be 4 BE teams in the top 25, not 2.
it's insane xavier isn't ranked with only 2 losses and a 20 point beat down of now #9 OU. if we beat hall this weekend we should be ranked again too.

the BE tied the big 12 in the challenge (3-3) yet they have 6 ranked teams
nova over texas
xavier over ou
pc over tcu
ku over creighton
tt over marquette
wvu over gtown

Last edited:
Reaction Score
it's insane xavier isn't ranked with only 2 losses and a 20 point beat down of now #9 OU. if we beat hall this weekend we should be ranked again too.
Maybe because five of their wins were by 3 or less (Eastern Kentucky, Bradley, Toledo, Providence and Marquette)?

Especially this year, voters have been more of "what have you done lately"? After two straight losses to Creighton and Seton Hall, their three wins have been against St. John's, Providence and Butler... not exactly needle movers.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
We need to play (and win) games. Seems to be no urgency on our part though ?
It’s not Hurley or the teams decision to play or not play, unfortunately. I’m sure they would have been on the court vs Nova and St John’s last week if they had a choice.

They are being told what to do by the state. For better or worse, the state isn’t making their decisions on their Covid policy based on a college athletic teams desire to play games.

Reaction Score
It’s simple. When Bouk comes back we need to win

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
a tourney birth in the 6-10 slots is a victory. plain and simple

Reaction Score
Katz just did one and had us in an 8-9 game playing Baylor in the second round. I like this scenario much better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom