Louisville's President still out there lobbying in public-"still going to be lots of changes" | The Boneyard

Louisville's President still out there lobbying in public-"still going to be lots of changes"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He gave a radio interview this am.

Now he's quoted this noontime as saying:

Eric Crawford @ericcrawford
Ramsey: "there are still going to be a lot of changes."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

#UofL prez James Ramsey: We've done what we need to do to position ourselves ... Theres still a lot to shake out

Ramsey: "There are things in life you just can't control. We've done all we can do. ... We can't control what networks think of us."

https://twitter.com/ericcrawford

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
He gave a radio interview this am.

Now he's quoted this noontime as saying:

Ramsey: "there are still going to be a lot of changes."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

#UofL prez James Ramsey: We've done what we need to do to position ourselves ... Theres still a lot to shake out

"We can't control what networks think of us."

https://twitter.com/ericcrawford

This is one of the most position statements we've heard yet. Clearly Maryland's move creates an opening now, but he is looking forward to more changes: i.e. ACC is not going to backfill Maryland with L'Ville. He also seems to be publicly laying out his defense which is: hey, we have done the best we can here but our TV market is no good.

Reaction Score
These quotes scream out "we've been told no at the present time, but we are hoping that more changes to the structure are coming and we'll be o.k. then.

Reaction Score
An optimistic thread. These quotes from Ville President is a good sign.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
These quotes scream out "we've been told no at the present time, but we are hoping that more changes to the structure are coming and we'll be o.k. then.

Which is what our administration was saying last year with all the "we are doing everything we can to make sure UConn is in the best position possible" rhetoric.

Encouraging for us this time around.

Reaction Score
Sounds like "We ain't gettin' ACC but B12 is still out there for us."

Ironically, the B12 could be a better situation in the long run.

Reaction Score
Ramsey says "at the end of the day conference people have to listen to TV people."

Sounds like Ville is throwing in the towel.

Reaction Score
These quotes look good for Uconn's case at this point. I wish no ill will on Louisville but it is everyman for himself and I will grab the life vest off your back if it saves our program...for the immediate future atleast

Reaction Score
These quotes look good for Uconn's case at this point. I wish no ill will on Louisville but it is everyman for himself and I will grab the life vest off your back if it saves our program...for the immediate future atleast

What's the old punch line? Something like "I don't have to outrun the bear. I just have to outrun you."

Reaction Score
We know what runs the show, and it's not just the conference leadership. It's markets. Ville seems to be positioning for the next set of changes which may come sooner or later. Silence is OK for now, but if it continues through the end of the month then cautious optimism is out the window. I feel good today and that'll have to do for now. Just a little to early to start upgrading our LaCrosse team.

Reaction Score
Oooh, first time I've heard that line. Love it!

Wouldn't you need to hear the joke to like the punchline if you've never heard it before?

O.K., while I wait for my secretary to type something, two hikers are out in the woods, taking a long hike on a fall day. They come to a stream and both take their hiking boats off and stand there with their feet in the water. Suddenly, they sense something staring at them and turn and see a huge grizzly bear. The bear starts growling at them. They both freeze, partially in panic and partially hoping the bear ignores them. The bear growls menacingly again. One hiker, slowly and deliberately, reaches into his backpack, grabs a pair of sneakers and starts to put them on.

First hiker: "What are you doing?"

Second hiker: "What does it look like I'm doing. I'm putting my sneakers on."

First hiker: "I can see that, but why?

Second hiker: "I run faster with my sneakers on.

First hiker: "You can't possibly believe that just because you put your sneakers on you will be able to outrun that bear, can you?

Second hiker: Punchline goes here.

Thank you. I will be here all week. Try the lamb.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Jim... sounds more and more like it'll be after the end of the month! All the administrators, presidents etc. are going on thanksgiving break so who knows if that means next week or the week after...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
BLargh! He's going with the UL BB team to their tourney in the Bahamas! He must be the worst university president ever to do that during realignment!!!

Reaction Score
The Lemon people (Texas Mark) and a few others are actively rooting for the Ville, on the Ville board. Makes me lol.

Reaction Score
If we do get into the ACC, I guess now "Texas Mark" will be added to our message board blacklist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom