Louisville vs Miss. State (pick it) | The Boneyard

Louisville vs Miss. State (pick it)

Louisville vs Miss. State (pick it)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
We all know who is going to win the other game. ;) But who plays that winner on Sunday? As of 11:50 am, Wednesday, Mar. 28, Hail State was favored by 2.5 points.

However, here on the Boneyard, you don't have to beat a spread. Just pick the winner, straight up!

Reaction Score
I say Louisville by six.

In the unlikely event that both Shaefer and William are hot from beyond the arc, then it could very well be Mississippi State by six. Personally, I'm eager for the rematch. :D

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I picked Louisville, though it wouldn't surprise me if MSU won. I like the match-ups and in-game stories of Durr-Vivians, McCowan-Fuhring/Hines-Allen/Shook and then how Jones/Carter/Evans match up against Johnson/Schaefer/William and Holmes.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Jeff has an expertise in dealing with really big, bigs. :rolleyes: But Vic coaches better Defense. I'd like the Miss St match up if we get by ND, but think Louisville fire power wins out.

Reaction Score
Jeff and his team is pissed and hungry for a chance to be NC, they will be playing hard to achieve their goal. I picked Louisville by 11.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Mississippi State is very good. I saw Louisville twice early in the season. They were hot in one game and mediocre in the other. I downgraded them, but since then, they played us strong for the last 30 minutes, beat ND twice, including by 30+, and put a hurt on Oregon State. I think Louisville’s quickness wins out.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I would love to play either of them as that means we are in the title game. As for who wins I say Louisville just because I think they are the underdog here and I always root for the underdog in non-UConn match ups.

Reaction Score
I'm a vengeful person, and I want a rematch with Miss State. I felt bad for how we embarrassed the Lady Cocks, and left them butthurt. On the other hand, I would love if we faced Miss State and this time showed the Lady Bulldogs what UConn basketball is all about.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is a really tough one to call. Miss State does NOT have a ton of height. Sure they start and play McCowan a lot (6'7"), but other than that the biggest player on the team is RS sophomore Zion Campbell (2 points in 9 MPG this season).

They start

6'7" McCowan
6'1" Vivians
5'7" Schaeffer
5'7" Johnson
5'5" William

For L'ville, not only has Feuhering had a nice season and come on stronger as the year has gone on, but they also can throw 6'4" Kylee Shook out there as well. Hines-Allen is 6'2" and their guards are pretty much all bigger than MSU's as well.

I went with L'ville, not because I'd rather face them (I'd actually rather play MSU should we make the NC game), but because I really do think L'ville is the better team...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Should be a heck of a battle. The key to beating MS St is being able to play McCowan man up which, so far this season, only SC has done effectively. Louisville has a couple decent BIGs with 10 fouls to use on McCowan if necessary. I think the Cardinals pull out a squeaker.

Reaction Score
I’m taking MS St...solely for the purpose of wanting to see our girls get another shot at them.
Be careful what you wish for. If it happens to be that way I'll take the challenge. There's something about Morgan from MS st that concerns me. She is so deceiving in her physical shape then she burns you with her jumpers.

Reaction Score
Be careful what you wish for. If it happens to be that way I'll take the challenge. There's something about Morgan from MS st that concerns me. She is so deceiving in her physical shape then she burns you with her jumpers.
We have Dangerfield this time around and I don’t think she takes a back sweat to anyone when it comes to quickness.

Reaction Score
We have Dangerfield this time around and I don’t think she takes a back sweat to anyone when it comes to quickness.

Dangerfield was there. Even with Gabby contested the shot she burned us.
Not that it will happen again but if it will then I would double up on her to force the ball out of her hands. Because.....Because....

Reaction Score
I think Walz goes after McCowan early, at least I would. If that happens, Louisville in a rout. I wonder who Vic will have cover Durr - his kid?

Reaction Score
For Louisville to win they have to stop McCowan from getting the ball down low and keep her off the offensive boards. If they can do that I think they can win. If not than it will be up to us to stop her. I would rather play MS. Lets not leave any doubt who is no. 1

Reaction Score
For me, this is a flip of the coin game and I see Louisville coming up heads. If Louisville can block out effectively and bait McCowan into early foul trouble it could be a long night for Mississippi State.

Reaction Score
It comes down to who has a better game... Fuehring or Schaefer. I see those as the wild cards. I'm guessing Schaefer has a career game and State wins. I also hope I am wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom