Lou interview in French | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lou interview in French

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Years ago, I spent a summer at the Université de Nice, and played pickup games with the locals quite a lot. I was the short American with the French name who could drive left or right. I remember finding French basketball culture fascinating. There wasn't a large professional league that had everyone's attention in those days, so the kids had to make it all up from scratch, as it were. They were very entertaining. I gather that the culture is rather different now.
Probably. Thanks to The Gabulous One! :cool:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
If any of you french speakers want to give us uniglots the gist of what she said after the subtitles disappeared, I'd appreciate it.

Reaction Score
Sa confiance en français c’est étonnante. Elle ne parle pas comme un adolescente, comme aussi beaucoup d’autres. Elle est mature et intelligente, est a bien pensée à l’avenir. Ell dit que Geno est très sarcastique, mais toujours pour la faire meilleur, et qu’elle n’oubliera jamais cette année à UConn.
Bien Oui!

Reaction Score
Sa confiance en français c’est étonnante. Elle ne parle pas comme un adolescente, comme aussi beaucoup d’autres. Elle est mature et intelligente, est a bien pensée à l’avenir. Ell dit que Geno est très sarcastique, mais toujours pour la faire meilleur, et qu’elle n’oubliera jamais cette année à UConn.
Lou comes alive in French. She is humble, thoughtful, and articulate. I fully expect her year at UConn will propel her to greater heights. She will have great success on the court on the international stage, and use her platform to help others. Her journey from being “not good enough” and working hard to make it to the top is very inspiring. I wish her only the best!

Reaction Score
if you don't understand french, like me, at least 20 minutes of this 35 minute interview includes subtitles. so i heartily recommed it.

it is fascinating.
Or…if you and Gabby are friends, she can translate it for you. :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If any of you french speakers want to give us uniglots the gist of what she said after the subtitles disappeared, I'd appreciate it.

Google Translate and Cut and Paste are your friends.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou comes alive in French. She is humble, thoughtful, and articulate. I fully expect her year at UConn will propel her to greater heights. She will have great success on the court on the international stage, and use her platform to help others. Her journey from being “not good enough” and working hard to make it to the top is very inspiring. I wish her only the best!

My expectation is that Lou will be an Olympic medalist.

Reaction Score
She is from Grenoble, which is very close to Geneva, where I lived for a year in 1976/77. Her accent is very close, assuming I remember correctly after 46 years.

mudblood

Incorrigible optimist
Reaction Score
Super! Playing in Ireland as a springboard to D1 ball? Mon Dieu! So many nuggets in this one, too many things to comment on, unless I would write an entire page it would be a disservice to the interview.

But I feel compelled to highlight one exchange: one of her first comments about WNBA (lots of chatting on the subject later on) was something to the effect of: even if I would not be drafted, but invited to a training camp, I would give it a try. So humble!

Reaction Score
Great post. I'm impressed by her fluency in multiple languages. I'm only fluent in 2 - English and Profane...
If you learn young it’s easier. I learned French young. I lived in Germany for over 3 years as an adult, much harder learning a new language after you get into your 20-30’s.

Reaction Score
Subtitles are now available for the entire interview. Wow! an eye opener.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom