Lou interview in French | The Boneyard

Lou interview in French

Reaction Score
Sa confiance en français c’est étonnante. Elle ne parle pas comme un adolescente, comme aussi beaucoup d’autres. Elle est mature et intelligente, est a bien pensée à l’avenir. Ell dit que Geno est très sarcastique, mais toujours pour la faire meilleur, et qu’elle n’oubliera jamais cette année à UConn.

Reaction Score
What Lou has achieved is amazing. It takes courage to leave your home and family to pursue your dreams.

I was also struck by the interviewer, who spoke of UConn so reverentially. I'm originally from Tolland -- practically next door to Storrs -- so, growing up, it was easy to take UConn for granted, as I was frequently going there for school field trips as well as visiting cousins who were students there. I never would have guessed back then that our little school out in the sticks would gain such well-deserved international acclaim! Makes me realize all over again what a special place it is!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Sa confiance en français c’est étonnante. Elle ne parle pas comme un adolescente, comme aussi beaucoup d’autres. Elle est mature et intelligente, est a bien pensée à l’avenir. Ell dit que Geno est très sarcastique, mais toujours pour la faire meilleur, et qu’elle n’oubliera jamais cette année à UConn.
Sacre bleu!!! :eek:

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Bien dit, mon ami.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Je peux lire et comprendre votre message, mais Lou et son (intervieweur?) parlent trop vite pour moi.

Reaction Score
Je peux lire et comprendre votre message, mais Lou et son (intervieweur?) parlent trop vite pour moi.
… et avec beaucoup de “slang” qui m’échappe aussi.

Reaction Score
I agree!

Reaction Score
if you don't understand french, like me, at least 20 minutes of this 35 minute interview includes subtitles. so i heartily recommed it.

it is fascinating.
I agree (again)! Very Refreshing! It was very positive to hear about her sense of
"trust" and "comradery" among whole UCONN family. Required watching for future
/prospective UCONN players! Many thanks for the posting of this unique interview
of a very unique young lady (and excellent WBB player!). Merci!!

sun

Reaction Score
Did Lou mention whether she prefers to stay in the US or to go back to France to continue playing BB?
Is the WNBA her goal or European pro BB? Did she specify?
My wild guess would be that she would prefer to stay in the US for a myriad of reasons.
But maybe the pay is better in Europe & she misses home even though she's spent a lot of time here in the US.

Reaction Score
Did Lou mention whether she prefers to stay in the US or to go back to France to continue playing BB?
Is the WNBA her goal or European pro BB? Did she specify?
My wild guess would be that she would prefer to stay in the US for a myriad of reasons.
But maybe the pay is better in Europe & she misses home even though she's spent a lot of time here in the US.
She mentioned wanting to play in various places. America, France, Mexico — that not an unusual thought given the itinerant character of women’s professional basketball.

sun

Reaction Score
She mentioned wanting to play in various places. America, France, Mexico — that not an unusual thought given the itinerant character of women’s professional basketball.
Thank you,
I wished that Lou mentioned to the French audience how close Fairfield is located to UConn. I can't help but think that the close proximity helped Lou to be noticed for possible recruitment & make for an easy 1st visit to campus.

Reaction Score
Years ago, I spent a summer at the Université de Nice, and played pickup games with the locals quite a lot. I was the short American with the French name who could drive left or right. I remember finding French basketball culture fascinating. There wasn't a large professional league that had everyone's attention in those days, so the kids had to make it all up from scratch, as it were. They were very entertaining. I gather that the culture is rather different now.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Thank you,
I wished that Lou mentioned to the French audience how close Fairfield is located to UConn. I can't help but think that the close proximity helped Lou to be noticed for possible recruitment & make for an easy 1st visit to campus.
In addition, Geno knew and had great respect for Joe Frager, the retiring HC of Fairfield, who had tremendous things to say to Geno about Lou, once it became clear she planned to transfer. Had Frager not been retiring, I suspect he would have done everything he could to convince Lou to spend a 5th season at Fairfield.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom