Lordy It Never Stops | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lordy It Never Stops

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
important: paige isn't doing this because she glories in the adulation, i believe. i imagine meeting the crowds is a downright chore, at least after awhile. yet she has been doing it for several years because of, i reckon, a sense of duty -- not because of the ego-boost that would motivate many -- and because she simply enjoys being able to bring happiness to so many.

it's not easy being a celebrity (in addition to being all that's involved in being a fabulous ball player.) but it is easy for BYers to enjoy these moving videos of youngsters' elation at finally getting a chance to meet their hero. it's heartwarming.

bravo.
I've thought about it a good deal. She has a big heart, but it is more than that I think. She lives her faith.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I have heard enough interviews of Paige to truly believe what we see in public, viv a vis the fans, is truly who she is. I also think who she is as a person is reflective of the majority of UConn’s players currently and over the years.

Although I don’t think this is a motivator for her, I hope and expect that the adulation she receives and her investment time wise in meeting with fans will pay her monetary rewards in increased NIL and product sponsorship opportunities.

Somewhat tangential, did anyone watch the LSU/Tennessee game? Both announcers expressed hope that Reese and Clark will return for their bonus Covid year along with Paige and others. Their reasoning is that WCBB is at an inflection point with increased attendance and publicity and having an additional year with compelling players will push the trend forward.

Reaction Score
I have heard enough interviews of Paige to truly believe what we see in public, viv a vis the fans, is truly who she is. I also think who she is as a person is reflective of the majority of UConn’s players currently and over the years.

Although I don’t think this is a motivator for her, I hope and expect that the adulation she receives and her investment time wise in meeting with fans will pay her monetary rewards in increased NIL and product sponsorship opportunities.

Somewhat tangential, did anyone watch the LSU/Tennessee game? Both announcers expressed hope that Reese and Clark will return for their bonus Covid year along with Paige and others. Their reasoning is that WCBB is at an inflection point with increased attendance and publicity and having an additional year with compelling players will push the trend forward.
cabbie 191- - - The players relationship with their fans has always been high as long as Geno & CD have been there!
I've told this story before but it reflects on UConn's philosophy:
When Rebecca Lobo was a freshman after a game she was commenting to a teammate how the fans were so "clingy"!
CD was standing nearby and heard her and read her the riot act that UConn fans were the life blood of the program and she better not hear that again! To this day Rebecca goes out of her way for the fans and tells the current players make sure to respect their fans where ever they are!

Reaction Score

Paige and CC most probably pay more in taxes than what the starting rookie salary is in the WNBA. So, what is the motivation to jump? Maybe fulfilling a life long dream, but it certainly isn't the money.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Paige and CC most probably pay more in taxes than what the starting rookie salary is in the WNBA. So, what is the motivation to jump? Maybe fulfilling a life long dream, but it certainly isn't the money.
I expect that endorsements will be her primary income source in the WNBA, but I suspect that WCBB draws a bigger audience and merits the higher pay to the premier players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom