Live Stream of Diaco Press Conference | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Live Stream of Diaco Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He is in the right place at the right time.

I can see how some schools may think he is too young for the HC job. It doesn't help that he looks like he is 30.

But....that youth...and enthusiasm is EXACTLY what UConn needs right now.

Reaction Score
It was an answer to a tough question. Talking about the recruits, he basically said that it was still a good match between the recruit and the school, and tried to leave himself out of the picture. It's just the reality of the business.

Happened to see this on the Ball State board:

"Tommy Tubberville got up from dinner with a Texas Tech recruit to accept the Cincinnati job and never returned."

Don't know if it's true.

I remember hearing about that. I heard it was a few recruits.

Reaction Score
I also didn't particularly like that he said it wasn't hard at all to leave Notre Dame. Some of his players seemed pretty upset about it yesterday when the news broke and he didn't really mention them, but then talked about how much he loves the kids who play for him.

That is a fair point, because it does seem to be somewhat of a contradiction. However, the poor guy has been up for nearly 3 days with little or no sleep and is probably excited (his enthusiasm seems genuine) so I will give him a pass.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I also didn't particularly like that he said it wasn't hard at all to leave Notre Dame. Some of his players seemed pretty upset about it yesterday when the news broke and he didn't really mention them, but then talked about how much he loves the kids who play for him.

That is a fair point, because it does seem to be somewhat of a contradiction. However, the poor guy has been up for nearly 3 days with little or no sleep and is probably excited (his enthusiasm seems genuine) so I will give him a pass.

I think the point he was trying to get across is that it wasn't hard to leave the DC position for a HC position.

That's what my brain processed when I heard that part of the presser.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't read too much into the leaiving ND answer. It's his first press conference after a whirlwind 24 hours with probably very little sleep, and he's trying to answer as truthfully as he can while not setting off any time bombs. How would you all have felt if he said, "You know, it was really hard to leave ND, I loved it there so much, saying goodbye to the players and recruits was really difficult, I had great relationships with everyone, it was a wonderful job to have at such an extraordinary institution..." Then the spin is, well, wait a minute, is your heart still at ND or is it here?

It's a tough question for him to answer because he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Reaction Score
Didn't he preface the answer to the question by saying ND will always have a special place in his heat (paraphrase). I know I heard that somewhere along the lines there.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I love this guy. I am so pumped up to have him as our coach.

Reaction Score
Nice Presser. A little nutty at times (in a good way) but I'm onboard. Pass me some more Kool-Aid. . .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As usual ESPN didn't feel we were worthy of sending a crew less than an hour away to cover the event. They had a nice AP write up though. :eek:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hopefully you don't look too desheveled? I got lost in your eyes and would kill for your hair.

Well, even though they said his wife and family were there, he wasn't wearing a wedding band so you might have a shot at him.

Reaction Score
As much as I was into the possibility of Narduzzi becoming our next coach, I could not be happier with Diaco as our guy. I feel if it were Narduzzi, he would just look at it as simply a job and a step towards something bigger.

In his presser, Diaco was visibly excited and genuinely wants to be here. Even if he may see us as a stepping stone today, that doesn't mean he'll feel the same way 3 years from now. If 3 years from now he bolts for a higher profile P5 HC position, then clearly the team has been winning, is in good shape, and I'd have complete confidence in Warde picking the right guy once again.

I just don't see Narduzzi giving an introductory press conference like that for us nor do I see him being as excited about the opportunity as Diaco clearly was today.

(Yes, I posted this in another thread but I think it applies here too.)

Reaction Score
coach b.jpg

Reaction Score
As usual ESPN didn't feel we were worthy of sending a crew less than an hour away to cover the event. They had a nice AP write up though.
Well, on ESPNU's College Football Live at 5:30, Dari Nokah spoke for 30 seconds on the Diaco hire by UCONN, which Jesse Palmer turned into a 2 minute discussion on how Diaco's leaving affects Notre Dame's bowl preparation.:confused:

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
"No school in the country has better facilities than we have here. They may be different, but they're not better"
"How long have I thought about being the head football coach at UConn? My entire career."
The AAC stuff

Nothing terrible. I really like him, I'm excited for him to be our guy. Like I said, just some stuff I noticed.

We actually do have facilities as nice as anywhere in the nation. People say it over and over again... that stuff about coming to the Rent from Virginia felt true too... the AAC stuff? He's got to say it.

Reaction Score

If it wasn't hard to leave ND, after a year at Uconn say he builds relationships with players coaches etc, would you want it to be no big deal for him to leave for another position? NO. To mean that means when he has a job/position he buys into wholeheartedly. It's not just a job to him, but a passion. He loves what he does. He cares for those he coaches, teaches, and works alongside. That is enough for me.

If you had the opportunity to go from subordinate to head honcho, would you take it? That's a no brainer.

Reaction Score
Well, on ESPNU's College Football Live at 5:30, Dari Nokah spoke for 30 seconds on the Diaco hire by UCONN, which Jesse Palmer turned into a 2 minute discussion on how Diaco's leaving affects Notre Dame's bowl preparation.:confused:

I didn't see it, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the talking heads at ESPN spent more time yesterday talking about Narduzzi's "rejection", than they did today about Diaco's hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom