Live Stream of Diaco Press Conference | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Live Stream of Diaco Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And he just figuratively killed PGDL answering a question from Silver.

I actually yelped when he said that. It was great.
Something like:
"You can have all the great plays in the world, but if the players can't run them, you're not gonna be any good"
Then:
"You have to play to the players strengths, and let them do the things they do well"

Like the anti-george

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Short version: it doesn't matter how great the plays are that you draw up if the players can't execute them.

Play to your strengths, dominate the line of scrimmage.

Thanks. Like hearing that.

Reaction Score
Homerun or a 65 Yd field goal or a 109 yd kickoff return. Everything the BY was dreaming of. Good Bye bad memories from JH and PGDL. Go Coach Diaco and the UCONN Huskies. Win Win.

I found the comment about using the strengths of the players that you have very telling. It brought to mind the O Line play that was heaped on the team by GDL/ my way or the highway.

Great Hire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I like him. Dude's got energy. He's like a reverse Pasqualoni.
so if HCPP is a
BbUGNSuCMAAoXqq.jpg:large
does that mean Diaco is a reverse Vampire?? We're through the looking glass here people
21_milhouse_190x190.jpg

Reaction Score
I liked the comments about when he first saw the team and how their faces changed, pretty good and painted a great picture. Hopefully good things to come. Get your tickets now lol!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good. He's not going in blindly. He knows he has to rebuild trust with the fan base.

I'm betting the spring game this year is much different than what we've had under Edsall and PGDLP

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I enjoyed the not so subtle dig at BC. When asked about other opportunities he said "be thankful for prayers that don't go answered"....and that this was the job he wanted.

Not sure how this works out...but right now (I am sure I am in afterglow)...I would take Diaco over Addazio.

Reaction Score
I actually yelped when he said that. It was great.
Something like:
"You can have all the great plays in the world, but if the players can't run them, you're not gonna be any good"
Then:
"You have to play to the players strengths, and let them do the things they do well"

Like the anti-george

He sounds like the polar opposite of what we've become accustomed to over the last 2 1/2 years. Both philosophically and energy level. Thats got to be worth something. Reminded me of Tom Cruise with his hyper-positive spin and while I think he can get a little ahead of people, I believe he can inspire players and enough fans to buy in. He has credibility enough to expect that. This should be a lot of fun.

Just win, win, win. Sounds about right.

Reaction Score
He's great but he's reaching pretty far on some of this stuff. Some of his overstatements come off as, shall we say, a tad less than genuine.

That's not a knock against him, just what I've noticed.

Such as...?

Reaction Score
With a little work he could talk almost as fast as Calhoun! Great first impression. I can see him convincing guys to run through walls for him.

Reaction Score
Pay attention kids. That's the kind of approach to the game that earns you millions in 2013. Nobody hands you success. Success is achieved with what you do every minute of every day working toward your goals. That never changes in generating success. This guy is intelligent, motivated, goal oriented and grounded in moral values and ethics and there is no doubt that he can get a huddle to perform when the whistle blows. That never changes in generating success. But in 2013, in today's society, a division 1 football coach needs to be in touch with how to communicate, and what kinds of approaches work with the youth of today. This guy gets it. He's got to walk it, but he can certainly talk it.

My wife might even come back to games after looking at him too.

Reaction Score
Such as the AAC stuff...

...me personally, I can overlook this but I totally get how that grates on people's ears.

Once people come out of denial, it won't be so bad. We are where we are and it is what it is. Winning the AAC and going to a top bowl game (we will be higher than the other conferences) will cure all that ails people about our league.

Reaction Score
In today's article, Jeff Jacobs wrote:
"We'll see if we can work the room on some matters today, but I'm dying to put together a timeline of all the interviews, the offers, the rejections, the terms, the negotiating ploys, the ultimate success."

Jacobs did ask the question to try to find out when Diaco started thinking about the UCONN job but he didn't get much of an answer from Diaco, just a generic "I've always known about UCONN." I hope that Jacobs pursues the story. I have a feeling Diaco really was Warde's first choice.

Reaction Score
I almost choked on my coffee when, after talking about what kind of offense he wants to run (ending with throwing the ball downfield), Warde's voice is heard in the background "And that's when I fell in Love!"

Reaction Score
In today's article, Jeff Jacobs wrote:
"We'll see if we can work the room on some matters today, but I'm dying to put together a timeline of all the interviews, the offers, the rejections, the terms, the negotiating ploys, the ultimate success."

Jacobs did ask the question to try to find out when Diaco started thinking about the UCONN job but he didn't get much of an answer from Diaco, just a generic "I've always known about UCONN." I hope that Jacobs pursues the story. I have a feeling Diaco really was Warde's first choice.

Warde made it very clear Diaco was his first choice and the money is there for assistant coaches. For him to address it like he did I have no doubt Diaco was his first choice.

He said Diaco was his first interview of the day. how can you not be thinking about this guy while Narduzzi plods through his interview. I can't see Narduzzi putting on the sales pitch Diaco certainly did.

That's all it took for Warde to know who really wanted the job. You can't fake real enthusiasm.

Reaction Score
Such as...?
"No school in the country has better facilities than we have here. They may be different, but they're not better"
"How long have I thought about being the head football coach at UConn? My entire career."
The AAC stuff

I also didn't particularly like that he said it wasn't hard at all to leave Notre Dame. Some of his players seemed pretty upset about it yesterday when the news broke and he didn't really mention them, but then talked about how much he loves the kids who play for him.

Nothing terrible. I really like him, I'm excited for him to be our guy. Like I said, just some stuff I noticed.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Holy f###. I have to leave work now. I work on the 3rd floor. I'M JUMPING OFF THE ROOF. I BELIEVE I CAN FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I get to the car to listen on 1080 WTIC and I hear Gov Corruption. Swing and a miss!

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Matt Stypulkoski ‏@M_Stypulkoski 1m
Just got a copy of Diaco's contract. First fun tidbit: if #UConn wins the national title, he gets a $400k bonus.

Patrick Eaton-Robb ‏@peatonrobb 1m
Diaco will make $1.5 in first year, $1.7 in last year of 5-year deal at #UConn.

John Silver ‏@JohnFSilver 35s
$400,000 base + $1.1 mil = $1.5 year 1.

John Silver ‏@JohnFSilver 17s
Goes up $50,000 every year to a high of $1.7 million in 2018.

Let's hope he's renegotiating for $2.5 million in 3 years

Reaction Score
I also didn't particularly like that he said it wasn't hard at all to leave Notre Dame. Some of his players seemed pretty upset about it yesterday when the news broke and he didn't really mention them, but then talked about how much he loves the kids who play for him.

It was an answer to a tough question. Talking about the recruits, he basically said that it was still a good match between the recruit and the school, and tried to leave himself out of the picture. It's just the reality of the business.

Happened to see this on the Ball State board:

"Tommy Tubberville got up from dinner with a Texas Tech recruit to accept the Cincinnati job and never returned."

Don't know if it's true.

Reaction Score
"No school in the country has better facilities than we have here. They may be different, but they're not better"
"How long have I thought about being the head football coach at UConn? My entire career."
The AAC stuff

Nothing terrible. I really like him, I'm excited for him to be our guy. Like I said, just some stuff I noticed.
The guy is a salesman after all, I for one am happy he has Uconn across his chest, I'll buy whatever his shoveling out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom