Linnae Harper | The Boneyard

Linnae Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
12_wu17_harper_alltourney_300.jpg

I hear a rumor we are one of the three finalists. She was pretty impressive in the U17, earning her spot on the All-Tournament team. Would love to see her at UConn.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
She would be my pick from the U17, wasn't impressed with the 1 on 1 play of the other guards.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Who are the other two finalists? When was the last time a player had UCONN and UT on her list of finalists? Is that common?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Who are the other two finalists? When was the last time a player had UCONN and UT on her list of finalists? Is that common?
Maya Moore. And no it's not at all common.

Reaction Score
Ohio St, Florida, Miami, Kentucky, South Carolina, UCLA, LSU, Georgia, Depaul, Tenn, and Uconn. As announced on her twitter today.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Ah I may have misunderstood. I thought it was down to three, but the source may have been garbled. Still, UConn is on the list, so there's still hope.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If it's a final 12 and not a final three, I retract my Dubya dancing celebration gif.

However, shortly before Breanna committed to UConn, she had like nine schools supposedly still on her list.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Depaul to get her. Sorry, but UConn is loaded enough.

I was hoping Rutgers was on her list, but this class is going to be really small, I wouldn't be surprised if CVS only takes one.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
DePaul would be my second choice. She seems like a really good fit as a Husky.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

I was hoping Rutgers was on her list, but this class is going to be really small, I wouldn't be surprised if CVS only takes one.
I like Bruno a lot, but I can't see Harper in his system.

Reaction Score

UConn's gonna just be loaded right up to the skylights with that grand total of eight players, yes, indeed.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
UConn's gonna just be loaded right up to the skylights with that grand total of eight players, yes, indeed.

UCONN needs some players who just want a free education, want to work their butts off during practice and run along the bench and do the double-handed high-five after a made three pointer.

I'm joking, of course. But it could be difficult to land top 10 talent for a couple of years until the prospect of playing time increases since the core players are sooooo talented.

Reaction Score
Ohio St, Florida, Miami, Kentucky, South Carolina, UCLA, LSU, Georgia, Depaul, Tenn, and Uconn. As announced on her twitter today.

The trick in speculating with these long list is to figure out which schools are there for political reasons, which schools are there for relationship reasons and what schools are really being considered. Can give historical references but why bother. Me says South Carolina can be scratched as it caters to the emotional love that Dawn & Nikki shows to recruits also scratch Miami as pretty much everyone from USA BB has been influenced by Katie to be added to their list, LSU scratch same dynamics. DePaul, scratch always throw in a hometown school that's been recruiting you since middle school.

Ohio State & Kentucky add both because of the recent history of letting the pg's do their thing.

Georgia scratch, geographically makes no sense, UCLA & Florida gets her far removed from the snow, choosing between the two...scratch Florida. Now to Tennessee and UConn both politically correct, however with the chance to be the prize recruit and continue my USA BB path scratch Tennessee.

So the real list is UCLA, UConn, Ohio State and Kentucky. Purely speculative.

Reaction Score
That's pretty much the list she had earlier in the year. She hasn't had time to pare down the list. I imagine she'll take her 5 official visits; with no clear favorite who knows who she'll choose.

Reaction Score
Ah I may have misunderstood. I thought it was down to three, but the source may have been garbled. Still, UConn is on the list, so there's still hope.
One of three, or maybe just one of eleven?

Phil's stats reputation hits a new low if he can't distinguish between 3 and 11 now. So who's his new "source" - Greta Garbled?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
One of three, or maybe just one of eleven?

Phil's stats reputation hits a new low if he can't distinguish between 3 and 11 now. And who's his new "source" - Greta Garbled?

I can still count. My source mentioned three names. it was implied that these were the only three. In retrospect, there's the possibility that my source pulled a man-man and identified the three they thought were the likely candidates.

Reaction Score
I can still count. My source mentioned three names. it was implied that these were the only three. In retrospect, there's the possibility that my source pulled a man-man and identified the three they thought were the likely candidates.

Or maybe Clark Kent and Man-Man are the same .....Naw couldn't be.

Reaction Score
UCONN needs some players who just want a free education, want to work their butts off during practice and run along the bench and do the double-handed high-five after a made three pointer.

I'm joking, of course. But it could be difficult to land top 10 talent for a couple of years until the prospect of playing time increases since the core players are sooooo talented.
Uconn will only have 3 pure guards on the roster next year (Hartley, a senior, Banks a junior, and Jefferson a soph. Harper is easily great enough to play many minutes. Top talent wants to play with other top talent. She already played for team USA so she knows what it's like not being the center of her teams universe. Oh, did I mention players go to Uconn to be coached by Geno because he will make them better players. We get a top 10 player practically every year and they know who's already here. Top players should NEVER be scared of playing time. They should always come in believing that they will be the reason for somebody else to sit!

Reaction Score
Uconn will only have 3 pure guards on the roster next year (Hartley, a senior, Banks a junior, and Jefferson a soph. Harper is easily great enough to play many minutes. Top talent wants to play with other top talent. She already played for team USA so she knows what it's like not being the center of her teams universe. Oh, did I mention players go to Uconn to be coached by Geno because he will make them better players. We get a top 10 player practically every year and they know who's already here. Top players should NEVER be scared of playing time. They should always come in believing that they will be the reason for somebody else to sit!

Harper has the athleticism and drive to be a standout even at UCONN...if I were her, you couldn't keep me away!

Reaction Score
If we land this guard I think the coming UConn teams will be some of the best we have ever had at UConn. Shes a warrior and is a much diferent kind of guard then we have. She will give Geno another Ace in the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom