2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Our defense hasn’t changed much year to year under Coach Hurley, but our offense has undertaken an overhaul. When we installed these extremely complicated sets this year, wearing teams down mentally, as well as physically, is when we broke through. Need to keep bringing kids like Liam who are smart, hardworking and efficient, but may not have the unbelievable athletic profile.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
You would think UConn and Hurley should be able to get whoever they want at this point, being at the top with a chance to repeat. I mean I'm biased but come on? I guess there are other variables with NIL, false promises, etc.

Reaction Score
You would think UConn and Hurley should be able to get whoever they want at this point, being at the top with a chance to repeat. I mean I'm biased but come on? I guess there are other variables with NIL, false promises, etc.
While I tend to agree with feeling they should be able to get whoever they want I do think Hurley views things a little differently where he doesn’t want the top 10 kid if their views aren’t aligned. With the portal out there he’s only going after high school players he really believes in

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do I think Castle committing and succeeding will influence other 5*s? Nope.
His committing? No. His experience here? Maybe. Setting aside the success on the court of the team, Castle has progressed a heck of a lot this season. I am a five star recruit, that's definitely something I look at.

Reaction Score
How many times have we thought this? We get who wants to be here.
Gotta find kids who are willing to forego the short-term benefit of the largest possible bag in return for the longer term benefit of becoming a better basketball player and winning (while still earning a decent chunk). I'd like to think that trade-off is a no brainer but it's becoming increasingly apparent that it's not. So count me in as a skeptic on all of these targets until they sign on the dotted line.

Reaction Score
Watched him in the MCDs scrimmage and hes very impressive. Itd be nice if he turned into yet another one of those infamous Uconn "consolation prize" recruits that ends up doing special things. He has a silky smooth game. He glides up and down the court and his shot is like melted butter poured over a lobster roll. I would not hate it at all if he came here.
"butter poured over a lobster roll.".
You sold me with that single line.

Reaction Score
Gotta find kids who are willing to forego the short-term benefit of the largest possible bag in return for the longer term benefit of becoming a better basketball player and winning (while still earning a decent chunk). I'd like to think that trade-off is a no brainer but it's becoming increasingly apparent that it's not. So count me in as a skeptic on all of these targets until they sign on the dotted line.
$ usually wins

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Completely agree.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We’re going to have some real competition if Kentucky hires Scott Drew and he needs to form a completely new team.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
His committing? No. His experience here? Maybe. Setting aside the success on the court of the team, Castle has progressed a heck of a lot this season. I am a five star recruit, that's definitely something I look at.
Sadly it may be a decade before the next player at Castle's level will also have that mindset coming out of high school.

Reaction Score
Agree that our recruiting pitch of come to win and develop as a player is extremely powerful. Wondering if our opponents are now pitching, Come to Fungus Tech and help us be the team that dethrones the Kings!?

Reaction Score
The Kansas sales pitch is that Liam replaces Furphy. They are very similar players and the system is in place. Furphy has to declare for the draft, but given the weak draft class that seems quite likely. He struggled toward the end of the season and that probably dropped him for borderline lottery to mid-late 1st round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom