2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Reaction Score
I think he’s going to give us just a courtesy visit but ultimately pick Kansas

Reaction Score
This is such an overblown question. What do you even mean by that? A 5 star can’t be a cultural fit? Obviously the staff thinks he is

I agree. We aren't recruiting anyone who is a

I think we ask the question too much. Unless I've heard some pretty alarming stuff (Keugel, Kadary), I'm just assuming the best of the guys. Most of the interest at this point is just reaching out, when we start getting visits, we'll know they're a good cultural fit.

Reaction Score
I find that hard to believe. They have plenty of minutes for both, if that's what Self wants to do with the roster.

Nobody knows for sure, including the poster you responded to. Some plugged in Kansas bros echo UcannUconn and others claim Self told McNeely to wait a second to avoid tampering charges. So he is either entirely open or a silent lock.

Reaction Score
Anyone with an On3 subscription?

UConn, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Houston. Focusing on McDonalds AA and Chipotle Nationals so UConn isn't losing ground.

We have a lot of NIL money but I'd imagine any of those 4 can outbid us. I think we are the best basketball fit. I'd imagine Kansas is our biggest competitor - they can pitch him as the next Gradey Dick and drop a bag.

Reaction Score
UConn, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Houston. Focusing on McDonalds AA and Chipotle Nationals so UConn isn't losing ground.

We have a lot of NIL money but I'd imagine any of those 4 can outbid us. I think we are the best basketball fit. I'd imagine Kansas is our biggest competitor - they can pitch him as the next Gradey Dick and drop a bag.
Repeat and hard to justify choosing elsewhere

Reaction Score

Just saw this article I can read. Only said UConn has called.

"Kansas, UConn, Kentucky, Houston, Michigan," said McNeeley of who has called. "I'm sure there are more that I'm missing but those are at the top of my mind."

Reaction Score

Kansas has been and will continue to be a problem because they build somewhat similar to us, have a great coach who both wins lots of games (even in the post-season) and gets players drafted, and have both historical clout and NIL money.

Reaction Score

YES PLEASE

Watched him in the MCDs scrimmage and hes very impressive. Itd be nice if he turned into yet another one of those infamous Uconn "consolation prize" recruits that ends up doing special things. He has a silky smooth game. He glides up and down the court and his shot is like melted butter poured over a lobster roll. I would not hate it at all if he came here.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I agree with that. Success attracts, not that a guy can be drafted early out of UConn as the reason they sign up here. As far as getting who we want in the portal, i think we wanted Timberlake. If only it was that simple as getting who we want. Obviously not getting him turned out great.

When you come down to it, why did Castle choose us after the problems with KO and after the second time in 2 years we went out in Round 1 of the NCAAs and half the BY was on Hurley’s case.? We didn’t yet fit the mold of either being a big winner under Hurley or of recently getting 5 star guys. We did have a recent history of guys going into the draft early. Obviously we had great recruiting of him.
I think Castle's father did his due diligence on Hurley and Uconn and recommended it to Steph. I think this family (Castle) was not disappointed. Neither was Uconn with Steph and family. It's a great story for all.

Reaction Score
Zeke mayo committed to KU. Maybe it helps our chances with Liam, maybe it doesn’t.

Discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01