2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 45 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Anyone else have this problem. After the first NC I bought 99 UConn championship stuff. Wore them so much they definitely showed their wear that year.

When we won in 2004 I bought more championship stuff. After looking at my 99 stuff I decided I’d only wear the 2004 stuff on special occasions. However when those occasions came up I’d see my 99 stuff and, thinking 2004 might be our last championship, I couldn’t get myself to wear them. Instead I decided I’m keeping the 2004 stuff pristine to be buried in.

So 2011 rolls around and I buy more stuff. Once again I can’t get myself to wear it. Why? Because I look at my 2004 stuff and my 1999 stuff and decided I liked the looks of my 2004 stuff a lot more. The same thing happened with my 2014 stuff, my 2023 stuff and I’m sure I’ll have the same problem with the 2024 stuff that I ordered.

Now it’s not 100% as I’ve described. I occasionally forced myself to wear some of the stuff from other championship years. But the vast majority of my championship stuff is pristine.

One last thing. For this championship run I didn’t declare my mojo superstition. The first thing was not to let anyone know my mojo routine. The second was not to come to this forum and have any conversations about the games. That was more painful than the neuralgia I suffered from the bout of shingles that occurred during this run.

It was a 180 from the “This is the way!" and the "I have spoken!” bit I did last year. The third thing was I decided to wear the 99 final four t-shirt. Wore that sucker every day for three weeks. Wouldn’t wash it. Sprayed the pits of the shirt with underarm deodorant when needed. After all I was so sick I was home bound the entire run. My wife, bless her heart, accepted this choice (from a distance plus a reminder “for better or worse”).

I don’t care what anyone else thinks. That shirt was the reason for number six. Not dragon underwear. Definitely not Taylor Swift.

And that led to a change of plans. When I die I want to be buried naked except for that t-shirt and a 99 championship cap covering my privates. Old and well worn is a good thing.
Hmmmm. I see. And how long have you felt this way?

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Go back to sleep Hans. I always read your posts with as much clarity as I can muster but it's too early.
Haha agreed. he’s now wrong about ANTG.
Eek

Ooh

Ah

Duh

"I'm not an insider, but I still like to puff my chest, and pump things up when I hear them elsewhere. I'm a gossip. I do it for fun. And then claim it's no big deal when I'm wrong, or when somebody presses me in the matter. And then do it again. And again. You should know that, even if I don't say it directly."

I dislike that you speak for yourself in words that obscure that you are doing so.

Maybe some people are fooled by it.

FIFY

The "tongue and cheek" part is key here. Just a slip of the tongue into the groove and you're good to go, disclaimers and all.

Is this anything like dinner parties you attend?

It's more like candy and hot peppers heaped on top of anything nourishing, and often flung around the table like a food fight.

And the air is more a mix of nitrous, helium, and Cannabis than oxygen.

Because somebody else brought up pizza, I'll offer that we got 3 medium at Fairfield Pepe's tonight. All were good, though with thicker dough on one side of the fresh clam pie, and a bit thicker with flop in the center on the sausage & mootz that also had onion on one half and roasted red peppers on the other.

We'd initially made a snap decision on Sally's when we got to the corner of Commerce & Black Rock. I'd only previously had and enjoyed pies from the take-out oven, and was still skeptical about it being much more of a dining room vibe than Woister street. When I emerged from the restroom, my friend had already nixed the choice to stay after the Tom Petty's "Into the Great Wide Open" segued into something
always enjoy a nice Hans post early in the morning while sipping my hazelnut black coffee. You’re not wrong about ANTG. His posts are typically just blowing hot air and when he’s wrong, his response is “gee guys can we just let the kid take his time and make his decision”. Very predictable and nauseating.

Reaction Score
Old news. Cal flew down to see him in Fla before Jordan Classic

I'm aware... But if he takes more visits, Ark could be one. Initially we thought it was only going to maybe be Alabama. Then Michigan. Now maybe UK and Arkansas.

Reaction Score
I don't think the kid is getting good advice. Short sighted thinking prioritizing a payday over development and winning. Maybe Boyle was never going to let a Hurley get one of his guys...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't think the kid is getting good advice. Short sighted thinking prioritizing a payday over development and winning. Maybe Boyle was never going to let a Hurley get one of his guys...
While the possibility exists that he may be receiving bad advice, one fact is that we have no clue as to what advice he has been receiving.

A little patience may go a long way here.

Reaction Score

This is a really stupid thing to say. You have exactly 0 evidence to support this.

Go find another fanbase if you're going to talk about recruits like this. Ridiculous.

Reaction Score
If you choose NIL over coaching you’re not UConn material. I mentioned this in another thread, Castle took less NIL and is about to be a top 5 pick. The rest of his class is in portal

Such a tired viewpoint... There are so many other parameters that exist beyond just "UConn Material," whatever that means. We can't just rationalize that an 18 year old is flawed any time they do not see the City on the Hill that we make UConn out to be.

Reaction Score
If you choose NIL over coaching you’re not UConn material. I mentioned this in another thread, Castle took less NIL and is about to be a top 5 pick. The rest of his class is in portal
I’d be over him in a hot second if he went NIL chasing. Good riddins. Again, may have been part of his IU selection because I can’t think of any other reasons you go there right now.

It really feels like in this day and age, the 5 star burger kids getting all the attention are not the way to go. They are saturated in themselves. Grab the humble kid with upside, where they attach themselves to the program.

Reaction Score
O/U on how many pages this thread gets to before McNeeley makes his decision? I'm gonna set it at 69 and I'm taking the over.

Reaction Score
And this is why I haven’t visited the chat room in 2 years. Too many knee jerk reactions. Can we give Liam room to breath. It’s only been a few days since his visit. To this point he has no other visits scheduled. Things may change but I still like our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom