2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 46 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This thread is embarrassing even by day-to-day Boneyard standards.

Yup, this took a nasty turn... I'd prefer we'd segue back into if Samson Johnson likes Berthalter's tactical style again like in the first thread...

Reaction Score
It is fair to ask why this kid committed to Indiana assuming the coach would not be there. Or he liked the coach a lot when he committed and then soured on him during the year.

Reaction Score
If his mom's company is very successful and raking in great $, NIL is much less important. But I do not know....

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Eek

Ooh

Ah

Duh

"I'm not an insider, but I still like to puff my chest, and pump things up when I hear them elsewhere. I'm a gossip. I do it for fun. And then claim it's no big deal when I'm wrong, or when somebody presses me in the matter. And then do it again. And again. You should know that, even if I don't say it directly."

I dislike that you speak for yourself in words that obscure that you are doing so.

Maybe some people are fooled by it.

FIFY

The "tongue and cheek" part is key here. Just a slip of the tongue into the groove and you're good to go, disclaimers and all.

Is this anything like dinner parties you attend?

It's more like candy and hot peppers heaped on top of anything nourishing, and often flung around the table like a food fight.

And the air is more a mix of nitrous, helium, and Cannabis than oxygen.

Because somebody else brought up pizza, I'll offer that we got 3 medium at Fairfield Pepe's tonight. All were good, though with thicker dough on one side of the fresh clam pie, and a bit thicker with flop in the center on the sausage & mootz that also had onion on one half and roasted red peppers on the other.

We'd initially made a snap decision on Sally's when we got to the corner of Commerce & Black Rock. I'd only previously had and enjoyed pies from the take-out oven, and was still skeptical about it being much more of a dining room vibe than Woister street. When I emerged from the restroom, my friend had already nixed the choice to stay after the Tom Petty's "Into the Great Wide Open" segued into something
I know some people hate the satellite Pepes’ locations but living in Fairfield for several years, I never really had a bad pie there.

And for a kicker, I got to meet Yankee great Bernie Williams there as he was riding through the area on his motorcycle and stopped for a bite. Really nice guy…

Anyway, who has Liam followed in the past 24 hours on IG?

Reaction Score
Kentucky board is claiming that Arkansas is now involved... Gross.
I would think they would want us to get mcneeley so they have a better shot at Brea. But logics not always their strong suit.

All these rumors of him wanting to schedule visits to Kentucky and Arkansas are just that, rumors. 100% confident to say all the “insiders” speculating on it have 0 contact with the kid or his family, their sources are likely Kentucky/Arkansas people who say it might happen because their coaches want it to happen. The only definitive thing we know is that he visited us, and apparently we’re a favorite.

All the power to him if he does schedule more visits and honestly not even all too concerned if he does. Our players can talk about how much they’ve enjoyed their time here and everything we do well. As opposed to Kentucky or Arkansas, they’re gonna keep any of their current players on the other side of campus, and he’s gonna be chauffeured around by a bunch of old men trashing on the other program.

Reaction Score
According to SC his NIL ask was reasonable and apparently not one of his major priorities. So even if he ends up visiting an SEC school, he might not be swayed by the money. You know what probably does sway him? Hurley being able to point to Castle as a guy who could have taken a lot more upfront NIL money from somewhere else, but he chose to play here and now he's going to make 10's of millions more dollars than if he had played for a Calipari type of coach.

Also, no other visit has even been confirmed yet. This could all be Arkansas and Kentucky just blowing smoke. Maybe he doesn't even have any interest in them. Who knows

Reaction Score
Here is what Trilly had to say about a potential visit

Attachments

• Trilly.JPG
    Trilly.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 868

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Says who, you? Lol, most have Castle at 3. The other two at 7-8 range.

Reaction Score
Thanks to X/Twitter, we have become a society that has no patience. It's like something needs to happen immediately or else. It's literally been just over 48 hours since the kid left campus. Take a breath people. The reality is he doesn't need to make his decision in a manner that suits The Boneyard's preferred timeline.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Go back to sleep Hans. I always read your posts with as much clarity as I can muster but it's too early.
I have awakened after being well in compliance with your kind suggestion since an hour before it was made.

The balance of the previous post evaporated like a fine dream after I forgot that I was editing past the time limit when I was presented Save instead of Send.

I took it as a sign that I needn't write & post anything & everything that occurs to me.

If my story, by example, inspires even one single other poster today, I'll thank the benevolent forces that blessed my return to the pillow.

I think I'll keep wearing the UConn t-shirt I slept in. And now, breakfast...

Reaction Score
This thread needs to be shut down now. It has reached a level of toxicity that is embarrassing and cloying. If I was a recruit reading this crap, I would run away and not look back.

Reaction Score
I know some people hate the satellite Pepes’ locations but living in Fairfield for several years, I never really had a bad pie there.

And for a kicker, I got to meet Yankee great Bernie Williams there as he was riding through the area on his motorcycle and stopped for a bite. Really nice guy…

Anyway, who has Liam followed in the past 24 hours on IG?

I also love that spot. Conversely, ate at the new Sally’s across the street yesterday and it just isn’t great. Too much sauce and too sweet. Also a weird vibe that is decidedly not hole-in-the-wall NHPizza.

Will stick to Pepe’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer