2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, 3.0 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
A Karaban/Stewart/McNeely rotation at the 3-4 would be pretty amazing and a good launch for the next final four run. Each has strengths that will match well against different opponents and there are 80 minutes to share. Alex would likely play 30 and the other two 25 mpg. Combine that with the Johnson/Reed rotation and we have our frontline pretty well sewn up. Lots of flexibility.

Reaction Score
Replace those names with sanogo, Jackson, and Hawkins and this seems like a post that was made 12 months ago
Well Clingan, Netwon, and Karaban returned. Clingan could have been great as a freshman, he just had a better player in his way. Not really the same situation at all IMO

Reaction Score
If we have Karaban, McNeeley, and Brea the three-peat talk will be pretty loud and deservedly so. If we have Karaban, McNeeley, Brea, and Mahaney the three-peat talk will be blaring.

We just have to wait and see how things shake out because we don't officially have any of them at the moment.
Hey I hope you are right, I just think Clingan's impact cannot be overstated. Even with all the other great pieces we had, we were a different team when he was out/not on the floor

Reaction Score
Well Clingan, Netwon, and Karaban returned. Clingan could have been great as a freshman, he just had a better player in his way. Not really the same situation at all IMO
Karaban can return, Diarra can return, Stewart is the Clingan in this comparison, ball is back, and then you add another 5*, and 3 top 15 transfers? Why isn’t it the same?

No team has the exact same make up. But we’d be one of the top 5 teams in the country. Maybe #1

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hey I hope you are right, I just think Clingan's impact cannot be overstated. Even with all the other great pieces we had, we were a different team when he was out/not on the floor
My take is we kept the coaching staff intact. That constant is really the salient consideration for potential.

Reaction Score
Julian Bond Day GIF

I'd love to see a documentary someday on how these recruiting visits all unfold. Do we give recruits deadlines to decide? Do we have a "draft list" and contact players specific we want. Wild West.
Inquiring minds want to know.

Reaction Score
Karaban can return, Diarra can return, Stewart is the Clingan in this comparison, ball is back, and then you add another 5*, and 3 top 15 transfers? Why isn’t it the same?

No team has the exact same make up. But we’d be one of the top 5 teams in the country. Maybe #1
lol i appreciate your optimism but this comment is ruined when you say that Stewart could/will explode to the level that Clingan did.

Reaction Score
lol i appreciate your optimism but this comment is ruined when you say that Stewart could/will explode to the level that Clingan did.
They called me crazy when I said Stewart would be in the rotation as well.

He doesn’t have to explode to “the level that Clingan did”.

Reaction Score
They obviously play different positions but I think Stewart can have a massive breakout season, especially on the offensive end. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he averages 15-16 points per game next season.

Reaction Score
They called me crazy when I said Stewart would be in the rotation as well.

He doesn’t have to explode to “the level that Clingan did”.
To three-peat, someone will likely have to because Clingan was the #1 most important player in the entire country this year.

Reaction Score
To three-peat, someone will likely have to because Clingan was the #1 most important player in the entire country this year.
This isn’t true. There is no one type of roster that can win a championship. If that were the case no one is winning next year because no one has Clingan. Terrible logic

Reaction Score

I agree and disagree. Edey was the #1 most important and 2 was DC. But yeah without DC UConn is gonna have to do things differently defensively.

Reaction Score
You act like a player like clingan grow on trees and every other team in the country has a player like him.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The 3-peat talk is getting a little out of control lol. Donovan Clingan was by far the most impactful player in the country this past year and Cam Spencer was by far the most impactful transfer.

I agree, you've got to keep perspective. Then again, I was saying the stuff last year about needing to pump the brakes. I mean, nobody ever repeats!

Reaction Score
This isn’t true. There is no one type of roster that can win a championship. If that were the case no one is winning next year because no one has Clingan. Terrible logic
Wrong because other teams are also returning star players and/or reloading. I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you assume we can just pick up where things left off despite losing 4 starters and not having a superstar waiting in the wings.

Reaction Score
You act like a player like clingan grow on trees and every other team in the country has a player like him.
To be clear, I'm not saying you need Clinagn to win a championship. This comment was a response to Ant saying that Stewart in 2024-2025 is the Clingan from 2023-2024.

Reaction Score
Wrong because other teams are also returning star players and/or reloading. I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you assume we can just pick up where things left off despite losing 4 starters and not having a superstar waiting in the wings.
Is Karaban a star player? I’m not setting myself up for anything lol. A 3 peat would be ludicrous. I’m saying if we hypothetically added all these guys we’d be in the conversation. And rightfully so. Losing stars isn’t as detrimental in the transfer portal era. We’ll lose stars every off season to the league. And raise up new ones. Rinse. Repeat

Reaction Score
To be clear, I'm not saying you need Clinagn to win a championship. This comment was a response to Ant saying that Stewart in 2024-2025 is the Clingan from 2023-2024.
In terms of a freshman making a sophomore leap. C’mon dude

Reaction Score
Is Karaban a star player? I’m not setting myself up for anything lol. A 3 peat would be ludicrous. I’m saying if we hypothetically added all these guys we’d be in the conversation. And rightfully so. Losing stars isn’t as detrimental in the transfer portal era. We’ll lose stars every off season to the league. And raise up new ones. Rinse. Repeat
Fair enough. You are right that it's possible to reload and we have already proven that, I'm just not sure I see the high-end talent that we had the past two years. Which by the way is fine lol

Reaction Score
How about the Hawkins from 2022-2023?

Reaction Score
That fact that Liam still hasn't taken any other visits and doesn't even seem to have set up any other visits keep me confident.
Same here, I didn’t think it was weird that he wanted to take another visit, but you’d think he knew immediately if he needed another visit or not and who it might be. The fact we haven’t heard anything and it’s clear no visit to another school this weekend yet… seems like good mojo for the good guys

Reaction Score
Fair enough. You are right that it's possible to reload and we have already proven that, I'm just not sure I see the high-end talent that we had the past two years. Which by the way is fine lol
I just think you are criminally sleeping on Karaban, McNeeley, Stewart, Nowell, Ball, and Mahaney by saying they aren’t high end talent. Especially at the collegiate level. And I didn’t even mention the best shooter in the country in Brea and a guy who was undefeated as a starter(WITHOUT CLINGAN) in Samson Johnson.

That team would be absurd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog