LET'S GOOOOO UCONNNN GAME THREAD | Page 7 | The Boneyard

LET'S GOOOOO UCONNNN GAME THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean, you're beating Kansas once in ten tries, anyway, but when you're shooting 25% as a team, you deserve to lose.

When you're the #1 free throw shooting team in America, and you again only manage to go the line 4x in the first half (pretty sure it was even less against Colorado in the first half too), then that's on the coach for not calling more 'drive to the basket' plays.

This team lacks a lot, and a quality HC is one of them.

Reaction Score
I mean, you're beating Kansas once in ten tries, anyway, but when you're shooting 25% as a team, you deserve to lose.

When you're the #1 free throw shooting team in America, and you again only manage to go the line 4x in the first half (pretty sure it was even less against Colorado in the first half too), then that's on the coach for not calling more 'drive to the basket' plays.

Ollie is a great defensive coach. Offense, not so much.

Reaction Score

I think most of us can realize that Ollie hasn't been at his best this year, but calling him a bad coach is just dumb. There is only so much you can do for a team without a quality point guard and no inside game. Give the staff some credit for addressing those problems in recruiting, because thats what we need

Reaction Score

Ollie should just snap his fingers and demand his players drive and get fouled. Never mind they lack the personnel.

Reaction Score

Embarrassing post.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Guys, the team has the same issues it's had all year. No real floor general. Down the road for Adams, but not yet, but worse, no real post presence at either end. Defensively really bad and except for occasional plays through Miller, few plays through the post to open the perimeter. Post coaching is lousy. Enoch is exhibit A. Strong, athletic, hardly any progress for a whole season. Even Nolan hasn't been coached into being more of a factor. No miracles, just better footwork and anticipation.

Reaction Score
I think most of us can realize that Ollie hasn't been at his best this year, but calling him a bad coach is just dumb. There is only so much you can do for a team without a quality point guard and no inside game. Give the staff some credit for addressing those problems in recruiting, because thats what we need

I'm not saying he's a bad coach. I'm saying he's not a good one, worthy of the UConn program. It took UNC 7 years to find a legit replacement for Dean Smith. Went through Bill Guthridge and Matt Doherty before they landed Roy Williams. It aint easy replacing a legend.

Reaction Score
Our game plan just isn't working. Can't drive and our D is getting picked apart

Reaction Score
Can Bridal get 5 fouls in 5 minutes of game time? Sounds like a record

Reaction Score
Can Bridal get 5 fouls in 5 minutes of game time? Sounds like a record

Reaction Score

Adams and Co. have had everything swatted and shots altered in the paint. Not Ollies fault. Are you even watching?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
All body on the Purvis drive... Guess not?

Reaction Score
Embarrassing to read? That's on you. I stand by what I said. You have the #1 FT% in the country and you shoot FOUR FREE THROWS. That's terrible.
You're post was embarrassing. Get out of here, you're ruining the mojo.

Reaction Score
What percentage of the time are we called for a foul on the type of play they just made against Purvis? I'm going to go 75%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom