Let's Be Honest | The Boneyard

Let's Be Honest

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
We knew we were not a top 10 team coming in.

However, we just went blow for blow with the number 4 team in America and given better breaks and better finishing it could've come down to the last few possessions.

I am more confident in this team today than I was three days ago.

Just wait till they gel.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I mean, we lost by 20. Sure the score is a bit misleading...but then again Michigan State was plagued by foul trouble in the first half which kept it closer than it should have been.

That's not arbitrary. We got them in foul trouble. We just didn't make shots down the stretch and they made shots a top five team makes.

Reaction Score
There were good things to take out of it but they played like garbage in the second half. Wild drives, sloppy ball handling, far too many miscommunications on defense, and bad shot selection. Sparty smacked them to start the second half and the team fell apart.

Reaction Score

However, we just went blow for blow with the number 4 team in America and given better breaks and better finishing it could've come down to the last few possessions.

Just wait till they gel.
Exactly. My biggest concern in vital right now. And we are seeing Cobb’s value. I liked the pro set with terry at the 3 to start the half. State may. E the thickest team in the country this year. We showed up.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score

Just wait till they gel.

Would've loved to see us play this game with Cobb tonight

Reaction Score
Well, the one positive is Uconn clearly knows where they stand and what is required to get to the highest level of play.

Need to toughen up, especially to prevent offensive boards, lessen stupid TOs but keep that scrappy play around. Tonight Uconn was over matched, out played in the paint, out muscled and out coached.

Reaction Score
Honest question. Did they call a travel on MSU all night? Or any of the same tacky bs they called on UConn?
This had nothing to do with officiating. And the answer is yes they called some ticky tack stuff on MSU.

Reaction Score
Well, the one positive is Uconn clearly knows where they stand and what is required to get to the highest level of play.

Need to toughen up, especially to prevent offensive boards, lessen stupid TOs but keep that scrappy play around. Tonight Uconn was over matched, out played in the paint, out muscled and out coached.
Out coached how?

Reaction Score
End of the game score is misleading, and I say that as someone who has generally been critical of the direction of the program. MSU is going to end up being a top 3 team and might have the best collection of 6'7 and up guys in the country and the game was close until a couple balls bounced their way early in the 2nd and their random guard became Steph Curry the last 15 or so minutes of the game.

The only takeaways I have are that Larrier needs to be used almost exclusively as a catch & shoot guy, and these guys need to work on their conditioning because they were TIRED in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
You have to leave thinking that Michigan State is a solid top team ... and Winston was unbelievably hot.

WE will be better when we get Polley or Carleton more in a flow. Cobb. And then Vital. We have growth. But that Spartan team was Uber impressive.

Reaction Score
Only watched second half but MSU didn’t get called for 1 or 2 travels, they committed a handful of offensive and defensive fouls that were not called. That along with our desire to play 3rd grade rec league offensive sets combined to 20 pts. Years ago you would see the individuals not playing team offense. Now it is difficult to tell what the team offense is and what is being run.

Reaction Score
Just stop....

They were. They didn’t call
Clear fouls, they gave Michigan two extra points, they missed some obvious Ricky tack calls they threw at Uconn.

Believe it or not, it’s possible for the refs to be awful and the team who played better to still win.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
This had nothing to do with officiating. And the answer is yes they called some ticky tack stuff on MSU.
Just because I questioned the officiating, you assume that’s the reason you think I thought we lost, really??? I’m not an idiot, thanks buddy. We may have lost by 10-15 instead of 20, especially the way Winston went off but they didn’t shoot well enough to win and defense disappeared as he went off. I know it’s late but come on.

My point was several missed uncalled travels that were called on UConn were not given the same whistle consistently on the other end (3 by the white guy comes to mind as guy traveled after crossing mid court when down 5 I believe) and the obvious offensive basket interference.

Reaction Score
End of the game score is misleading, and I say that as someone who has generally been critical of the direction of the program. MSU is going to end up being a top 3 team and might have the best collection of 6'7 and up guys in the country and the game was close until a couple balls bounced their way early in the 2nd and their random guard became Steph Curry the last 15 or so minutes of the game.

The only takeaways I have are that Larrier needs to be used almost exclusively as a catch & shoot guy, and these guys need to work on their conditioning because they were TIRED in the 2nd half.

And stopped playing good defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom