Let's Be Honest | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Let's Be Honest

C

Chief00

Because if he didn't say that he would lose his "gotta blame something on KO" card
I am surprised more of the KO bashers haven't been more vocal

KO could make every right decision and MSU would still beat the UConn team - need more bigs like MSU bigs

That goes though to recruiting Bigs and what type of system they see themselves in. I think KO has work to do there also.

Reaction Score
The problem is you can't acknowledge progress. Are you naive enough to think we're going to go through what we did 6 months ago and be a top ten team already? Do you understand rebuilding is a process?

You think the team will suck because we sucked last year as you ignore the many reasons we sucked last year, with injuries being at the top of the list. You think it's all a dumpster fire, I don't.

I think the team is playing well and will exceed expectations and make the dance. The first step back up the ladder. And I'm sorry my more optimistic AND REALISTIC opinion angers you so much, I just can't help you with that.

I'm a bit concerned that in a "rebuilding" year, four of the teams first eight players are grad students or guys likely to turn pro in the spring. This could now become four of the first seven if Polley is allowed to fall though the cracks. Polley should be inked in at the 3 position and encouraged to hit the weight room and spend two hours a day in the gym shooting corner threes. But I am sure that KO will do whatever it takes to maximize wins this year, never mind future impact. This policy got him the NC in 2014 and a NCAA run in 2016, although it essentially aborted the career of Kentan Facey. (Hard to complain unless you're KF.) The danger this year is that he's got a number of young players who need playing time. I think of Polley, Whaley and Diarra in particular. It would be a shame if chasing a very limited rainbow this year results in these three guys showing up at practice next year as sophomore freshmen.

Reaction Score
The problem is you can't acknowledge progress. Are you naive enough to think we're going to go through what we did 6 months ago and be a top ten team already? Do you understand rebuilding is a process?

You think the team will suck because we sucked last year as you ignore the many reasons we sucked last year, with injuries being at the top of the list. You think it's all a dumpster fire, I don't.

I think the team is playing well and will exceed expectations and make the dance. The first step back up the ladder. And I'm sorry my more optimistic AND REALISTIC opinion angers you so much, I just can't help you with that.

How can your expectations be so low? This is the fourth year in a row that this team looks bad against good competition. Sorry, but this team will never be very good again under Kevin Ollie. Some day you will realize what many of us realized a couple years ago. The "offense" under Ollie since Bazz graduated has been weak at best. If you were at all objective you would see that. Being mediocre year after year just doesn't cut it.

Reaction Score
We knew we were not a top 10 team coming in.

However, we just went blow for blow with the number 4 team in America and given better breaks and better finishing it could've come down to the last few possessions.

I am more confident in this team today than I was three days ago.

Just wait till they gel.

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
So who is going to write the check, let's be honest.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So who is going to write the check, let's be honest.

Whatever check the Boneyard cuts, Mike Melio will cut an even bigger one to keep him around...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom