Legit championship team | The Boneyard

Legit championship team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boy do we have it
This team has more goods than last year!
We have a superstar in the majing playing center—just like last year we can get those interior points and it’s almost unstoppable and Samson is a very high caliber bak up who will start next year.
Karaban looks like Gordon Haywood
We have a 6-5 vet pg and a superstar rookie running mate in castle
All the rookies have great size and look all set to be important complimentary pieces
Additional vet guards like last year w diarra spencer. We have all the ingredient and you can seethe chemistry and pedigree
We lost a tin of talent yet we maybe better!!

Reaction Score
Boy do we have it
We have a superstar in the majing playing center—just like last year we can get those interior points and it’s almost unstoppable and Samson is a very high caliber bak up who will start next year.
All the rookies have great size and look all set to be important complimentary pieces
Additional vet guards like last year w diarra spencer. We have all the ingredient and you can seethe chemistry and pedigree
The Castle spin move was gorgeous. He looked like DWade on that one.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Boy do we have it
If it were only about talent, then Duke, KU, UK and UNC would have all the banners...

caw

Reaction Score
After watching this last game I do wonder how much Johnson would have progressed had he played last year.

He has played a total 134 mins in his career and scored 44 points over now 26 games.

36 of those minutes came in the first two games combined of this year and last year (17 mins and 19 mins). In those two games he had 7 points and 11 points. Obviously for the team last year it didn't matter but I do wonder how much growth he missed from that injury.

Reaction Score
Only one game such a ways to go. They can be no doubt but having watched them, then others I think we will have some growing pains honestly. Again, Feb-march- April most important so let’s see what happens. Will need some youngsters stepping up in a big way but they can!

Reaction Score
If it were only about talent, then Duke, KU, UK and UNC would have all the banners...
Come on Storrs, in this thread:

star trek spock GIF

Reaction Score
im on the record saying not only will be our best passing team ever, but i think itll show to be better than last years squad as well...ball distribution for days

Reaction Score
im on the record saying not only will be our best passing team ever, but i think itll show to be better than last years squad as well...ball distribution for days
I think it's hard for this year to surpass last year in terms of passing when we lost Andre Jackson, but I think we will be a better overall offensive team.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Did I miss something? Or is this based on us blowing out a bad Northern Arizona team missing 2 key players?

I'd love to think we won't miss Sanogo, Hawkins and Jackson. I'd also love to think Cooper Flagg's gonna wake up tomorrow and decide he's not a huge dork after all. But false hope is not a good thing to carry.

Reaction Score
Did I miss something? Or is this based on us blowing out a bad Northern Arizona team missing 2 key players?

I'd love to think we won't miss Sanogo, Hawkins and Jackson. I'd also love to think Cooper Flagg's gonna wake up tomorrow and decide he's not a huge dork after all. But false hope is not a good thing to carry.
Glad somebody said this. It's great to be optimistic but let's play some more

Reaction Score
We shall see, get to the sweet 16 then go from there. We may have a better record then last year but we definetly aren’t better then last years team but no one else is either so there’s a chance.

We’re not blowing out ranked teams on a regular basis. Don’t have the luxury of benching Sampson Johnson and Diarra this year.

I always say live in the moment enjoy the process.

Reaction Score
Last year we could have our best 2 players have off games and still beat ranked teams by double digits that won’t be the case this year.

Watching our team in tourney we’ll be back to sweating it out like every other fan base last years tourney feeling well most likely never see that again.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You guys sound like last year.

Post/Custom Title

FTR, I absolutely did not contest the notion that we'd be better than we were in 2021-22.

Reaction Score
You guys sound like last year.
No, I just can't make a decision from one game beating a team missing key players. For some to say we're better then last year's team from one game is a stretch for now.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
We should all know by now. You never really can be sure about anything after one game. I do think with the addition of Stewart, Ross, Ball and Johnson now playing we are more athletic. From the little I have seen I think you would have to say all four of those players are + or ++ athletes for their size. I mean we all know AJ was/is an athletic anamoly. But let’s break it down. Sanogo was great but not someone you would call super athletic. DC is as athletic as a person at 7’3” can be (unless you count Wemby or Kristap). But with SJ playing we are more athletic at center. Please don’t misquote that as being better. AK is back looks stronger and a little quicker. Hawkins was a good athlete but to me he was more a bb player than super athletic. Joey C, NA were great role players but I would not call them athletic in the sense they were fast or could jump through the roof. They were good basketball players. Ball. Stewart and Ross appear to be very athletic. SC is just physical not super fast but just very good at using his size and thinking about that spin move he may be more athletic than I am giving him credit for. TN is back so net the same at that position. We have the ability, it will come down to when we play against better competition is when we learn how they will deal with adversity. Another aspect is that Hurley definitely tinkered with our style when he was trying to get us out of our rut in January. He may have to make some adjustments this year. My biggest concern is playing time for all the talent we have. That can mess with chemistry and when a team faces adversity they only overcome together. Remember the sum of the parts is greater than the parts by themselves. Because if anyone says they thought we were going to win a natty last January I would question that statement. But if anyone is counting on the same results it might be best to just sit back expect us to be competitive and enjoy the journey. Like every season this one will have good times and bad times and we should expect our share of both. And more importantly it took a long post but I was able to include a Led Zepplin song title:)

Reaction Score
This team looks really good, but last year’s team was better than their record in my opinion. At the start and end of the season they were beating every top caliber opponent they faced by double digits. Having a better record is definitely doable because of the mid season funk last year. With a lot of freshman playing this team will probably have a few clunkers, especially on the road. All that said I definitely think they have a shot to win it again, and with their top 10 preseason rank I think most people agree with that.
The biggest surprise from Monday for me was how good Karaban looked. He was great last year, but looked like a lottery pick on Monday with those drives to the hoop.

Reaction Score
In this thread, a bunch of people who've been around the BY long enough to know better somehow forget that the original poster is Scrappy3 & write novels about how we should pump the brakes, slow our rolls, wait and see, etc.

Reaction Score
Last year we could have our best 2 players have off games and still beat ranked teams by double digits that won’t be the case this year.

Watching our team in tourney this year, we’ll be back to sweating it out like every other fan base, last years tourney we’ll most likely never have that comforting feeling again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom