Lauren Betts in the Portal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lauren Betts in the Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why her minutes with Stanford were so limited after her outstanding high school and USA Basketball performances?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
The only way I see Betts coming to UConn is with an understanding that she's in an understudy role to Edwards/DeBerry/Brady, and that the staff will not make promises of PT nor upset the already existing chemistry that the players have both on and off the court. The ol' sacrifice a little, be part of something big.

On edit - imagine if this is what Geno was referencing?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why her minutes with Stanford were so limited after her outstanding high school and USA Basketball performances?
Tara was unwilling to use twin towers together with Brink. There was nothing wrong with Betts performance, it was outstanding, but Tara decided to not try to use them together. Brink has one more year to go, so this year could have been the same.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Tara was unwilling to use twin towers together with Brink. There was nothing wrong with Betts performance, it was outstanding, but Tara decided to not try to use them together. Brink has one more year to go, so this year could have been the same.
Tara also used Belibi, Prechtel & Iriafen upfront. Not a lot of PT to go around. The few times I saw Betts play, she didn’t really appear to have a role in the offense

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
There is NO ONE on the UConn roster with Betts skills as a true post. AE is a 4, Ice is a 4 or a 3, Jana is a 4, Ayanna is a 4 with limited offense and as much as we all like Amari, she hasn’t shown any real skills to warrant real playing time or being a starter at the 5. Betts fills the paint and any scoring, of which she is very capable would be a plus as with AE, Paige, Azzi, CD you have plenty of scoring.
Please, somebody with social media sleuthing skills tell us the coaches and the players are all following Betts….

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Her finalists were ASU, Baylor, UCLA, UConn, L'ville, ND, OR, S Carolina.

ASU is not very good, so I don't see the Sun Devils. Baylor may have a different coach. UCLA has lots of nice pieces, especially at guard. Louisville needs a talent infusion. ND needs a big. Oregon seems to be a place that players are leaving. South Carolina has Cardoso for one more year.

UConn has a totally loaded roster, but could really use a dominant center. We have other front court players to supplement her. Geno and CD have historically developed bigs very well: Rebecca, Kara, Asjha, Tina, Stef, Kiah, Phee, Dorka. I hope Lauren chats with Morgan Cheli!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
There is NO ONE on the UConn roster with Betts skills as a true post. AE is a 4, Ice is a 4 or a 3, Jana is a 4, Ayanna is a 4 with limited offense and as much as we all like Amari, she hasn’t shown any real skills to warrant real playing time or being a starter at the 5. Betts fills the paint and any scoring, of which she is very capable would be a plus as with AE, Paige, Azzi, CD you have plenty of scoring.
Please, somebody with social media sleuthing skills tell us the coaches and the players are all following Betts….
A bunch of UConn players follow her on Insta, but this could be from a while back, and since her act is private, you cannot see all the follows. AHC CD follows her on twitter, but again, the same caveat. This is gonna be a wild ride.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This is the first BIG in the portal I am excited about! She played under 10 minutes per game as a freshman and so wouldn't be demanding 30. She is a player who could grow into her role on the team alongside Ice and Jana.
Uh, @UcMiami she isn't leaving Stanford 'cuz she was happy playing 10 minutes. I don't think we can say anything about what would make her happy. What I'd like to know was what did those 10 minutes look like?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Lots of fans are going to be calling "dibs" on her, lol

From what I understand, Iowa doesn't have scholarships to spare, though that won't stop fan speculation about big name frontcourt transfers.

I feel like the obvious suspects here are ND and SCar, maybe UConn, but UConn has more frontcourt players in the pipeline.

Obviously, from an Irish fan perspective, she makes a ton of sense at ND. Minutes should be available right away with Ebo departing. She knows Citron and Miles from USAB. Her sister has visited South Bend. ND recruited her hard the 1st time and Niele has had success getting some players she originally recruited out of HS as transfers. Lastly, ND seems to take a Stanford transfer about every other year.

Reaction Score
Whether or not UConn makes an offer will depend on whether Geno and CD think a true five is what the team really needs to win a NC. They may think a long, athletic team can fill the bill adding a center to the mix would slow things down too much.

My guess is that if Betts wants to come to UConn Geno and CD will welcome her and work out the details later.

Reaction Score
I thought since we had an Aneesah and Sedona thread, I’d add this. Wow!

I am shocked! What is happening in Palo Alto?? Is it the move of
USC and UCLA from the PAC 12 to the Big 10 or something else?
Plenty of time to develop this 6' 7" young lady. I watched her
on the USA Girls National team and I was impressed, Opinions! Z

Reaction Score
Betts Follows Amari, Azzi, Ayanna, and KK.

That same group follows her back plus Ice.

To be fair Betts follows a lot of players who played for Team USA who are still in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom