Lauren Betts in the Portal | The Boneyard

Lauren Betts in the Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought since we had an Aneesah and Sedona thread, I’d add this. Wow!

You beat me to it. No questions here, have to go for it, forget about Aneesah and Sedona for now and find out if we have a chance here. She put up huge numbers considering her limited minutes behind Brink. Kind of at the level of Cardosa behind Boston. Since she has only played one year, she would impact more the playing time of Ice and Jana down the road, but they can play the 4 as well and Aaliyah presumably departing after this year.

Unless I am missing something you have to go hard for Betts.

Reaction Score
With only one roster spot left, it seems like the Coaching staff are being very meticulous IF they are looking to fill it. Lauren would be that person for me (unless Cameron Brink joins also).

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
So, calling on Stanford fans - what did you see this past season with Betts' production, development, etc, that showed a marked difference from her HS years? That's what I'd be interested in knowing - her growth this past year.

Her finalists were ASU, Baylor, UCLA, UConn, L'ville, ND, OR, S Carolina.

WEB (I know, I know) twitter has a poll listing AZ, CO, SC, LSU, UConn, UCLA

Reaction Score
Ok, now this one, definitely worth a look.

And this could really affect Stanford next year. Geno might do some catching up to Tara.
Stanford will still have Brink next year. This could really affect them after she graduates though

Reaction Score
Lauren’s younger sister visited ND (the only one she visited besides Stanford—that I know of…) ND needs a BIG BAD. With the options of Morrow, Prince, and Betts (possibly with younger sister-play together for 1 year), ND has some options.

I could DEFINITELY see Iowa in the mix (for all 3 of those I listed). Who wouldn’t want to play with Clark?! LOL.

UCONN as well, but you have Patterson and Edwards still (with one more year after this one possibly). We shall see…

Reaction Score
Lauren’s younger sister visited ND (the only one she visited besides Stanford—that I know of…) ND needs a BIG BAD. With the options of Morrow, Prince, and Betts (possibly with younger sister-play together for 1 year), ND has some options.

I could DEFINITELY see Iowa in the mix (for all 3 of those I listed). Who wouldn’t want to play with Clark?! LOL.

UCONN as well, but you have Patterson and Edwards still (with one more year after this one possibly). We shall see…
Iowa currently has a former High School teammate on their roster. In High School Addi O'Grady played the 4 and Betts played the 5.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Betts is the most attractive to me as well, with a caveat.

I never used to watch any high school footage until Bueckers came along. I still do not watch much, but I watched a little of both Brady and Betts. Out of those two I thought Brady was more skilled. I understood Betts being #1 due to her height, but Brady really seemed to know what she was doing.

We have one spot left and I can see using it on Betts, but not to the detriment of developing Brady. One way or another I suspect Brady will be a major contributor for us, with or without adding Betts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom