Latest Lunardi bracketology | The Boneyard

Latest Lunardi bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I know these don't mean much, but they're fun to look at. UConn currently an 8 seed vs Colorado in Villanova's bracket.

I would love that... except for the fact that I think Miami is kind of a Final 4 sleeper as a 4 seed.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology?ex_cid=espntw

I know it's not likely, but I think if we win out we could be as high as a 3 or 4 seed. Probably more likely that we end up around 7-8 seed depending on wins vs top teams ahead.

Reaction Score
Would love to play Villanova. And agree about Miami. One of the few teams I like this year.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Would love to play Villanova. And agree about Miami. One of the few teams I like this year.
Purdue at 5 is no joke, either.

Reaction Score
Gotta keep winning, anything 7 or below would be very good for us.

Reaction Score
Out of our region, I'm most scared of West Virginia. Even though I love Jalen, he's still very turnover prone and West Virginia's press would give him fits. Their defense is hell for opposing teams.

Reaction Score
A 13-11 Gtown team with an RPI of 72 being in the next four out makes me feel very comfortable that we are not close to the bubble at this time.

That was a surprise to me as well. I know they've played a tough schedule and have a couple nice wins, but 11 losses is an a** ton to be on the bubble at this point in the season.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I know these don't mean much, but they're fun to look at. UConn currently an 8 seed vs Colorado in Villanova's bracket.

I would love that... except for the fact that I think Miami is kind of a Final 4 sleeper as a 4 seed.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology?ex_cid=espntw

I know it's not likely, but I think if we win out we could be as high as a 3 or 4 seed. Probably more likely that we end up around 7-8 seed depending on wins vs top teams ahead.
Michigan State was a Final Four favorite (forget sleeper) 2 years ago as a 4 seed. How'd they like dem apples?
Bring on Miami. Purvis shuts down Angel Rodriguez ( who I really like).

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I wonder how many other 7, 8 or 9 seeds are talking about winning a NC?

Haha, so true. But how many 7, 8 or 9 seeds have our recent pedigree--not just of overall success, but of winning a championship despite being seeded 7 or lower? None.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we're winning any championships this year. But if we get hot, pretty sure no team in the country would want to play us.

Reaction Score
Haha, so true. But how many 7, 8 or 9 seeds have our recent pedigree--not just of overall success, but of winning a championship despite being seeded 7 or lower? None.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we're winning any championships this year. But if we get hot, pretty sure no team in the country would want to play us.
I actually think we are winning a NC. I have thought so from day one and I won't stop believing it until I see the clock strike zero in the NCAA tournament and we are behind. See you in Houston :)

Reaction Score
I agree with ndakota. The frustration is similar to 11&14 with so much to worry about in regards to getting in. But do know I have re organized my Uconn drawer and the real kicker is in March of 2011 my wife was pregnant with our first son ... We win in Texas. In 2014 we beat Florida the girls beat Baylor? We beat Kentucky on Monday .... In Texas and the girls won on Tuesday. My second son was born Wednesday. This year we welcome our daughter on 3/14 and we will win. .... In Texas!!!!!

Reaction Score
I actually think we are winning a NC. I have thought so from day one and I won't stop believing it until I see the clock strike zero in the NCAA tournament and we are behind. See you in Houston :)
Not quite there yet, but we beat a Texas team that was right there with a top ranked Sooner team last night. Let's see the next few.

Reaction Score
I agree with ndakota. The frustration is similar to 11&14 with so much to worry about in regards to getting in. But do know I have re organized my Uconn drawer and the real kicker is in March of 2011 my wife was pregnant with our first son ... We win in Texas. In 2014 we beat Florida the girls beat Baylor? We beat Kentucky on Monday .... In Texas and the girls won on Tuesday. My second son was born Wednesday. This year we welcome our daughter on 3/14 and we will win. .... In Texas!!!!!

Do you realize what you are signing you and your wife up for is this comes to fruition (again). I'm not saying me, but there will be some fans here who will demand you two produce or reproduce at least every other year. Hell, I will spring for a suite at Mohegan next May/June if that helps. ;)

Reaction Score
Do you realize what you are signing you and your wife up for is this comes to fruition (again). I'm not saying me, but there will be some fans here who will demand you two produce or reproduce at least every other year. Hell, I will spring for a suite at Mohegan next May/June if that helps. ;)
I'd supply the champagne and rose petals.

Reaction Score
Love the positive thinking. I suspect we may be capable of such a miracle BUT, unlike the 2014 team, this team still has NOT proven they can beat a top team. They have lost all of their close games against very good teams. You can't EXPECT to win a championship based on that. Now, if they wake up and win their games against Cinci and SMU, they might be able to sucker me back in again. At this point, I remain skeptical but hopeful.

Reaction Score
Love the positive thinking. I suspect we may be capable of such a miracle BUT, unlike the 2014 team, this team still has NOT proven they can beat a top team. They have lost all of their close games against very good teams. You can't EXPECT to win a championship based on that. Now, if they wake up and win their games against Cinci and SMU, they might be able to sucker me back in again. At this point, I remain skeptical but hopeful.
They won on the road against a team who beat UNC, Iowa State, and West Virgina, and lost at the buzzer at OU.

Reaction Score
A 13-11 Gtown team with an RPI of 72 being in the next four out makes me feel very comfortable that we are not close to the bubble at this time.

They've taken care of business recently, but a few more losses to the Temple and Tulsa's of the world (let alone worse) and UConn will be in trouble again. The league gets no respect.

Reaction Score
They won on the road against a team who beat UNC, Iowa State, and West Virgina, and lost at the buzzer at OU.
It is a shame that those aren't the only games they have played. The rest of their record is not that of a top 25 team. A good power rating looks at the whole schedule and provides an honest and thorough assessment.

Reaction Score
It is a shame that those aren't the only games they have played. The rest of their record is not that of a top 25 team. A good power rating looks at the whole schedule and provides an honest and thorough assessment.
Well they are ranked in the top 25, and have an RPI of 20 so I have no idea what you are talking about. Is the good power rating your own? Because all the ones used by the selection committee currently have them in the top 25.

Reaction Score
So you're saying if you remove the positive things Texas did to get into the top 25, then they are not a top 25 team? I mean....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom