LaChina asks DT3: Who is the most underrated Husky of all time | Page 4 | The Boneyard

LaChina asks DT3: Who is the most underrated Husky of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
How about Dr.Polly: Clock winding down,National Championship game,millions glued to their tv's,she loses her defensive menace,sets up in the corner,receives the pass,and with the proverbial ice water in her veins takes a clutch three pointer from the corner that was so pure that the nylon just snapped upward as if to salute the deliverer as millions of humans leaped into the air around the world to include the players and coaches of her very team causing the global decibel level to move universal time off by a couple of seconds.Totally underrated that girl.
wasn't a 3

Reaction Score
Has anyone noticed that Dr. Polly has a more blonde look going on today?

Reaction Score
For me most underrated player is a college player. I go with Asjha Jones. IMO she was a fraction away from being on The Husky of Honor Wall. During her tiem wwas there a top an award for 1st team of All-Americans or was it only the top 5?

Anyhow in her senior year she was beast as the season progressed. And missing out on The Wall is pretty big difference than being 2nd team.

Reaction Score
For me most underrated player is a college player. I go with Asjha Jones. IMO she was a fraction away from being on The Husky of Honor Wall. During her tiem wwas there a top an award for 1st team of All-Americans or was it only the top 5?

Anyhow in her senior year she was beast as the season progressed. And missing out on The Wall is pretty big difference than being 2nd team.
I think she's a very good pick for most underrated. I Love her game.

Reaction Score
Any discussion about the most underrated Husky begins with Maria Conlon, IMO...She was on UConn teams that history has labeled as a mediocre supporting cast surrounding an all time great. But her contributions to those championship teams was anything but mediocre. She had a skill set that suggested she had no business playing at that level of college bball and at a program like UConn no less. BUT she brought smarts and toughness to the floor, she was unflappable, and she hit EVERY big shot she was asked to hit... Most underrated Husky: Maria "Ms. Big Shot" Conlon

Tony--there are some who would disagree with you and me--but that's oK because we know in our hearts how good Maria was for UConn WBB--she was a very good 3 point shooter, she was a very good point guard, and as I love to point out---she was from Derby Connecticut--a really Valley (Naugatuck Valley) girl. I just love it when Connecticut kids succeed. If you are in or From Connecticut you too should love it when one of OUR kids do well. Geno has spoken about the Connecticut WHSBB with some level of criticism.
Geno gave her little verbal respect--but he gave her playing time respect. The year after she graduated Geno said---Who would think I'd miss Maria Conlon (word to that effect).
So Tony--I thank you for agreeing and for your good (proper) words about Maria..

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I go for Maria C. People remember that she was short and slow, but not necessarily that she was a very good 3-point shooter, a fine, fine passer and had the guts of a burglar. And plenty of bball smarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom