Kwintin Williams... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kid needs to earn his minutes in practice. No minutes have ever been given out by the boneyard last time I checked...

wait... are they?
I know that’s always been the way under JC and KO but some kids just come to life when the lights are turned on while others look like deer in the headlights. Kwintin may struggle during practice but clearly comes to life when it counts. If we’re going to suck, I’d rather suck while he and other young guys get to show what they can do than watch Anderson and Onourah.

Reaction Score
I think of him as the genius who hired Jennifer Marlowe.
Don’t forget Bailey Quarters too. He sure had an eye for talent. Could have made a great lead recruiter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know that’s always been the way under JC and KO but some kids just come to life when the lights are turned on while others look like deer in the headlights. Kwintin may struggle during practice but clearly comes to life when it counts. If we’re going to suck, I’d rather suck while he and other young guys get to show what they can do than watch Anderson and Onourah.

Fo sho

Reaction Score
No, but it could be. I explained earlier in this thread. The real reason is KO is clueless and hates his job and we're the ones suffering for it.

This board is hard to take when I read these posts from supposed know it all's claiming Ollie is clueless, Jump should be playing a lot more, Ollie should have rewarded whiners last year for poor effort by playing them more and maybe they would have stayed. I truly believe many do not realize how stupid these posts sound and how much like thinking is affecting your ability to recognize reality. I for one do not believe David Benedict is sold at all that Ollie needs to be replaced. This years team doesn't have the talent to compete at a high level of college basketball. If Gilbert were healthy and Larrier didn't get injured they would be much better but certainly not elite. The recruiting class two years ago was a problem not with the talent but with the attitude. Calhoun went thru that several times as well. Last years recruiting class was poor but may result over time with some decent role players, Carlton, Whalley. With Williams the experience he has received this year will set him up to either make a great advance in his game next year or the realization that he will never be a good D-1 player. I believe his major problems are his reflex. The game is much faster than he has ever experienced and he is thinking about what he is doing instead of just responding. After the season is over with a little rest and back to training I think he can bring his game to another level. If he makes that leap this team has great potential for next year. The recruiting class coming in along with Sidney Wilson is a big step forward in offensive capability. I expect big off season improvement in Carlton and Whalley. Diarra has to put on weight at his height to be effective and Polley has to develop some toughness and purpose to his game which I am not so sure is going to happen. If I am looking at things from Dave Benedict's position my take would be that Jim Calhoun would not be able to win with the kids on the court right now. At the end of last season it was clear the team had a recruiting problem and Ollie took steps to fix it by bringing in Chillious. The recruiting took an upswing this year even with Chillious starting late. The team that would be on the floor next year looks pretty good and has the potential to be very good depending on the status of Adams, Gilbert and Larrier. If Chillious is effective with this years class things are quickly looking up for the program and Benedict is in a position to know where recruiting stands. Ollie has a track record of winning a national championship with maybe the least talented team since Villanova and a record of overcoming adversity. If Benedict believes the recruiting issues are solved there is no way that Ollie doesn't return. For those who think Ollie is clueless think about how ridiculous you sound to most rational people who know basketball. Stubborn perhaps but not clueless.

Reaction Score
This board is hard to take when I read these posts from supposed know it all's claiming Ollie is clueless, Jump should be playing a lot more, Ollie should have rewarded whiners last year for poor effort by playing them more and maybe they would have stayed. I truly believe many do not realize how stupid these posts sound and how much like thinking is affecting your ability to recognize reality. I for one do not believe David Benedict is sold at all that Ollie needs to be replaced. This years team doesn't have the talent to compete at a high level of college basketball. If Gilbert were healthy and Larrier didn't get injured they would be much better but certainly not elite. The recruiting class two years ago was a problem not with the talent but with the attitude. Calhoun went thru that several times as well. Last years recruiting class was poor but may result over time with some decent role players, Carlton, Whalley. With Williams the experience he has received this year will set him up to either make a great advance in his game next year or the realization that he will never be a good D-1 player. I believe his major problems are his reflex. The game is much faster than he has ever experienced and he is thinking about what he is doing instead of just responding. After the season is over with a little rest and back to training I think he can bring his game to another level. If he makes that leap this team has great potential for next year. The recruiting class coming in along with Sidney Wilson is a big step forward in offensive capability. I expect big off season improvement in Carlton and Whalley. Diarra has to put on weight at his height to be effective and Polley has to develop some toughness and purpose to his game which I am not so sure is going to happen. If I am looking at things from Dave Benedict's position my take would be that Jim Calhoun would not be able to win with the kids on the court right now. At the end of last season it was clear the team had a recruiting problem and Ollie took steps to fix it by bringing in Chillious. The recruiting took an upswing this year even with Chillious starting late. The team that would be on the floor next year looks pretty good and has the potential to be very good depending on the status of Adams, Gilbert and Larrier. If Chillious is effective with this years class things are quickly looking up for the program and Benedict is in a position to know where recruiting stands. Ollie has a track record of winning a national championship with maybe the least talented team since Villanova and a record of overcoming adversity. If Benedict believes the recruiting issues are solved there is no way that Ollie doesn't return. For those who think Ollie is clueless think about how ridiculous you sound to most rational people who know basketball. Stubborn perhaps but not clueless.
OK...too much logic in your post.
I agree, so much speculation(Oh he's depressed because of his divorce). Who started THAT.
Bottom line though is you don't advocate firing Ollie, so you're a jerk....OK, I was only kidding with the last part...REALLY I WAS!!!!

Reaction Score
So today KO says Kwintin will see more playing time based on his practice. Really? So maybe DO is an unreal practice player and that's why he plays so much. Stop basing so much of the playing time off of practice KO, put the kids on the floor who actually play well during GAMES!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So today KO says Kwintin will see more playing time based on his practice. Really? So maybe DO is an unreal practice player and that's why he plays so much. Stop basing so much of the playing time off of practice KO, put the kids on the floor who actually play well during GAMES!

Those 2 things are highly correlated.

Reaction Score
Those 2 things are highly correlated.
Every team I’ve been associated with A start or PT was earned in practice.
It might be lack of effort on the youngsters part which keeps them off the floor . DO is a trial horse beat him out earn time. You challenge the kids. This is a competition and you want competitive kids.
DO is the most clueless offensive basketball player in years . But he is seriously strong. Having never seen a practice I’m going to suspect he kicks the youngsters butts. It’s their job not KO’s to take the challenge.

Reaction Score
KW is the only eligible scholarship player not to start a game yet. If he does by the end of the year, will it be the first time UConn has ever started everyone?

C

Chief00

Williams is so far from being able to contribute.

Right now, Cobb, Carlton, Diarra, Whaley and Polley should get all of the available minutes.

Misunderestimate

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If he's not starting when the game starts, I'm changing the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom