Kwintin Williams... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whaley can guard and rebound, especially proven on the offensive end. His 2 rebounds in 14 minutes yesterday aren't good but he seems to be getting 3-5 minutes at most per run. Needs some consistent time he's had some decent numbers in some games. Carlton will be pretty good but needs explosion, summer will be good for him if he pays attention. And as I've said before David is a wonderful guy, smart dude has a bright future but not in hoops. I'm amazed that they believe he should start, what are they thinking?

Polley needs more time, there's a player there they need to give him some run.

Reaction Score
Polley and Whlaey should be splitting the minutes that DO would normally get. He should not see the floor at all. It's harsh and I'm sure he's a great locker room guy, but he's an enormous liability on the floor and has directly and solely lead to the other team scoring 10+ points in his few minutes against Wichita and Auburn.

Reaction Score
I just want to know how any college ballplayer after 13 games let alone 1 game still doesn't know how to set a screen without being called for an offensive foul, and for the 2 to 3 we get called for every game there is another 2 to 3 we could be called for - it's freaking insane when you think about it. Stand friggin still, don't lean into a guy, don't stick your elbows out when the guy goes by - really how hard is that???

And if Adams ever wants to actually get some space when using a screen at least look at the guy when (if) he rolls, I mean why would the other team even bother (they don't) to stay with their man instead of hedging to help on Adams? I have to say vs. Witchia State our big guys did a better job of actually rolling and getting out of the way vs. previous games when they just stay there and let their man totally leave them to help on Adams, but now Adams has to find them once in awhile for the concept to work. This is fundamental stuff here, can't believe it' even has to be discussed.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Carlton's biggest problem lies in the footwork. He has great hands (something we've not seen out of our bigs in a LONG time) but is a travel waiting to happen every time he's in the lane or near the baseline.

Reaction Score
Polley and Whlaey should be splitting the minutes that DO would normally get. He should not see the floor at all. It's harsh and I'm sure he's a great locker room guy, but he's an enormous liability on the floor and has directly and solely lead to the other team scoring 10+ points in his few minutes against Wichita and Auburn.

His "eye test +/-" might be the worst I've ever seen. It seems like every time he's on the floor, we give up a 10-2 run.

I'm curious what the actual numbers show.

Reaction Score
I just want to know how any college ballplayer after 13 games let alone 1 game still doesn't know how to set a screen without being called for an offensive foul, and for the 2 to 3 we get called for every game there is another 2 to 3 we could be called for - it's freaking insane when you think about it. Stand friggin still, don't lean into a guy, don't stick your elbows out when the guy goes by - really how hard is that???

And if Adams ever wants to actually get some space when using a screen at least look at the guy when (if) he rolls, I mean why would the other team even bother (they don't) to stay with their man instead of hedging to help on Adams? I have to say vs. Witchia State our big guys did a better job of actually rolling and getting out of the way vs. previous games when they just stay there and let their man totally leave them to help on Adams, but now Adams has to find them once in awhile for the concept to work. This is fundamental stuff here, can't believe it' even has to be discussed.

Reaction Score
I watch some of these so called fouls on screen sets and simply do not see them. When I watch on TV I rewind and look several times and most of the time I still don't see an elbow or hip or any other movement. I think it has gone from a point of emphasis with officials to the point of being ridiculous.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
You guys want a YouTube dunker to play more minutes? How the mighty have fallen...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I watch some of these so called fouls on screen sets and simply do not see them. When I watch on TV I rewind and look several times and most of the time I still don't see an elbow or hip or any other movement. I think it has gone from a point of emphasis with officials to the point of being ridiculous.
Thing is- we have lost our cred as a tough, physical team. Cincy, SMU, WSU, MSU barrel through people for rebounds, set illegal screens, and spend fortnights in the paint it’s fine because they have the “physical team” license to kill.

Reaction Score
The coaches see these players everyday in practice and apparently Williams didn't do enough to earn PT. It is as simple as that.
Yes, because the kids he's got out there are just killing it all around and we can afford not to try other options.

Reaction Score
Thing is- we have lost our cred as a tough, physical team. Cincy, SMU, WSU, MSU barrel through people for rebounds, set illegal screens, and spend fortnights in the paint it’s fine because they have the “physical team” license to kill.
Remember what MSU did to us in Detroit in 09 with our monster rebounding team ? They just kept pushing us under the hoop and out of bounds. Thabeet and sticks were no where to be found and Adrien was being ganged up on. No whistles. But times were tough in the motor city that year so........

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

A lot of them are on Adams. He tends to go into his move without giving the the Big a chance to get set and forces the defense into an unset screener. One of the particularly bad calls on Saturday was a moving screen on , IIR Diarra. He was just handing the ball off in our patented weave and a defender ran right him for a moving screen. I would not be shocked if refs got scouting reports on teams for their tendencies. UConn: all their bigs set illegal screens and travel. When in doubt call it.

Reaction Score
Ok I know he would not have made a difference in the end result but can you give the guy some minutes?

Is he honestly going to be worse than any other big man out there?

Carlton looks lost every time he touches the ball. Big David and Diarra gets those kind of fouls where you
say "What happened?". Whalley and Polley are invisible.

I thought after the auburn game he’d possibly start. He earned minutes. Instead he keeps playing David Onuorahu. Whatever his name is... I refuse to learn it because he’s the worst player of all time

Reaction Score
Yes, because the kids he's got out there are just killing it all around and we can afford not to try other options.
Sure play the walkons while we are at it.

Reaction Score
I thought after the auburn game he’d possibly start. He earned minutes. Instead he keeps playing David Onuorahu. Whatever his name is... I refuse to learn it because he’s the worst player of all time
A friend who is a former Div 1 player saw Onorah in the summer league and told me not to expect anything from him and I posted at the time. Then Onorah played a game, set a few good screens and some posters though we really had something. He simply isn't talented enough to play at this level.
DO's play doesn't mean that Williams should start.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Can't believe recruiting a kid literally based on his instagram audience hasn't worked out.
They just have get the refs to let them play the game in ssssssssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww mmmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooottttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnn.

Reaction Score
A friend who is a former Div 1 player saw Onorah in the summer league and told me not to expect anything from him and I posted at the time. Then Onorah played a game, set a few good screens and some posters though we really had something. He simply isn't talented enough to play at this level.
DO's play doesn't mean that Williams should start.
He also averages a foul every 4 min

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
““I found out something: ‘Jump’ is going to compete,” Ollie said. “I found out one thing. Through adversity, I told those guys, adversity doesn’t build character, it reveals it, and through this adversity I found someone that’s going to compete. Jump did a great job, eight rebounds, and that’s what I want to see. He went after every rebound and he played to exhaustion.”

So next game he will play 3-4 minutes .

UConn Men's Notebook: Eric Cobb Still Working Way Back; Kwintin Williams Impresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom