Kwintin Williams... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
““I found out something: ‘Jump’ is going to compete,” Ollie said. “I found out one thing. Through adversity, I told those guys, adversity doesn’t build character, it reveals it, and through this adversity I found someone that’s going to compete. Jump did a great job, eight rebounds, and that’s what I want to see. He went after every rebound and he played to exhaustion.”

So next game he will play 3-4 minutes .

UConn Men's Notebook: Eric Cobb Still Working Way Back; Kwintin Williams Impresses
My lord, it's remarkable how clueless KO is.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
“He played great,” said Jalen Adams, who assisted on one of Williams’ baskets. “He played the way everyone needs to play. I think, if all of us played like that we’d have a much better chance of winning the game. He put his whole heart out there. He showed why he needs to be on the court.”

Reaction Score
I am all in on Kwintin getting as many minutes as possible. This season has flown off the rails - give us something worth watching. He does work his tail off. Low basketball IQ but the motor is undeniable. He's got two years of eligibility left after this year. He'll be a man playing with boys by the time he is a Senior. Let's do it

Reaction Score
Also I need to know Ollie's nicknames for the other guys on the roster. I've never encountered someone so focused on his vertical numbers that his head coach calls him Jump. Absolutely incredible. Probably doesn't give a lick about scoring, just wants to play hard, show he can jump higher than everyone else by grabbing boards and keep his vert around 48" while also posting some occasional Instagram videos from the practice center. Make him the face of UConn MBB

Reaction Score
Kwintin is getting better and he plays hard. Gotta count for something. A little PT here and there. Sub in, sub out.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
I had a dream, well a day dream, that Ollie started Kwintin, Kwintin got a double double, the team won, and even the most pessimistic posters have something positive to talk about.

I'd come here for a work break and people would be happy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A friend who is a former Div 1 player saw Onorah in the summer league and told me not to expect anything from him and I posted at the time. Then Onorah played a game, set a few good screens and some posters though we really had something. He simply isn't talented enough to play at this level.
DO's play doesn't mean that Williams should start.

No, but Diarra should. The guy has the most upside of all the bigs and brings energy like Williams does. He has skill, and great physical tools, but needs more game time to work through mistakes, especially on defense. He can run and finish, and I can only image the lobs he should be catching in a competent offense.

I like Carlton a lot. I think he has progressed, and merely needs more physical explosiveness. His travels come because he gets the ball in a place where he should just go over/through the D and dunk. Instead he dribbles. But his shotblocking is much improved as is his passing. He needs to block out better, but again, that's physical mostly.

Whaley shows some great upside too, and plays great D and rebounds. He needs to develop a shot, because he's not strong enough to be a real post player.

Reaction Score
David Onuorah will start again because 1 rebound in 17 minutes = energy
Beat me to it. Let's see if Ollie actually gives him more minutes. over/under - 13 minutes (half what he played last time, but double his season average).

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
What do we have to lose at this point? DO is what he is, so let's see what Williams can deliver with consistent minutes.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I really like Diarra too, but his lack of size very visibly is a problem against many teams.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
“He played great,” said Jalen Adams, who assisted on one of Williams’ baskets. “He played the way everyone needs to play. I think, if all of us played like that we’d have a much better chance of winning the game. He put his whole heart out there. He showed why he needs to be on the court.”

I still don't get this. Heard this over and over from a lot of guys, especially Larrier and Jalen.

Where's the Delta I used to know?

If KO sticks, this hopefully won't be a problem for Gilbert, Akinjo, and crew.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sure we'll lose, but at least we'd plausibly be building toward something.

We'll lose, yes, but not because of those lineups. If the goal is to win, those are still the most effective players!* We become worse with DO on the court. We become worse with the 3 guard lineup and Larrier at the four.

DO has had 51 rebounds this year in 236 min. Kwinton just had 8 in one game (24min).

*which is totally crazy as three of them don't even know how to play basketball yet.

Last edited:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Is this a real quote?
No, but it could be. I explained earlier in this thread. The real reason is KO is clueless and hates his job and we're the ones suffering for it.

Reaction Score
I had a dream, well a day dream, that Ollie started Kwintin, Kwintin got a double double, the team won, and even the most pessimistic posters have something positive to talk about.

I'd come here for a work break and people would be happy.
Is Jump our best pro prospect right now? NBA weekend?lol

Reaction Score
If 'jump's feet leave the floor w some altitude, he'll be vacuuming the boards.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I wish they'd picked a nickname other than Jump. It makes me think of Gordon Jump, who played the creepy bike shop guy on Diff'rent Strokes.

Reaction Score
I wish they'd picked a nickname other than Jump. It makes me think of Gordon Jump, who played the creepy bike shop guy on Diff'rent Strokes.
That’s what you remember him as? His main role was as Arthur Carlson on WKRP in Cincinnati. I’d much rather remember him and Jennifer Marlowe than the Different Strokes 2 episode character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01