Kwintin Williams Commits to UConn! | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams Commits to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"[Ollie's] call was out of the blue," Williams said...
Ha, touchè. Personally, I don't read that as a cold call, but I can see how some people would. Seems like he had been speaking with UConn, just not Kevin Ollie and wasn't expecting the phone call from him.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I know as much as you do. He is a juco transfer. I can't get excited about it.
First, you asked why "everyone" gets excited and it seemed as though you hadn't gotten excited, which, if true, would make your question make no sense.
Then, you explicitly said you can't get excited, so your original question really doesn't make sense. How do you respond?

Reaction Score
Where did that come from though? I can think of birth dates that would fit the description of "23 before the season starts." But I wanted to see where it came from.

Reaction Score
Getting a followup call from the man himself might really have caught him off guard and blown him away.

I'm assuming KO is trying to close all the recruits this way... i.e. Sid Wilson & the Italian ..

Reaction Score
Where did that come from though? I can think of birth dates that would fit the description of "23 before the season starts." But I wanted to see where it came from.

Are you insinuating I made it up?

It came from a non-linkable site. It's out there if you dig deep in the right places. Believe it or don't believe it - clearly your choice.

Reaction Score
Who said it was a cold call from Kevin Ollie? Regardless, this basically went down like a normal recruitment should. Staff did the legwork and then Kevin Ollie sealed the deal.

Glad you confirmed Kwintin Williams' direct quote from the Courant, though. Wasn't sure...

"I wasn't really thinking about the American [Athletic Conference]. I was really set on the Pac-12 or the ACC," Williams said Sunday from Anchorage. "And then I got a phone call from Kevin Ollie. The conversation we had, had me leaning toward UConn by the end of the conversation. The relationship we would have, the things he pointed out, I didn't have any other conversation like that with any other high major coach. Kevin Ollie wasn't beating around the bush, didn't give me any kind of fluff. He was straightforward, and I really appreciate him for that. The relationship we're going to have made the decision for me."

Let him be. We need the casual . Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the casual .

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He had a traffic arrest some years ago and some of these nitwits likely found it on Google. His birthdate is listed on the infraction report.

Apparently, he used to drive like he dunks - with enthusiasm and reckless abandon.

Are you insinuating I made it up?

It came from a non-linkable site. It's out there if you dig deep in the right places. Believe it or don't believe it - clearly your choice.

You'd be the nitwit in this scenario.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I just wanted them to say they're using a police record.

Reaction Score
He had a traffic arrest some years ago and some of these nitwits likely found it on Google. His birthdate is listed on the infraction report.

Apparently, he used to drive like he dunks - with enthusiasm and reckless abandon.

You'd be the nitwit in this scenario.
It's your board but this doesn't seem like a necessary post.

Reaction Score
Well your other option is to use an actual basketball source like anyone would assume you would.

Reaction Score
I'm not the one asserting that that site is the same person, regardless of unusual name spellings.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
FWIW, a close friend of mine just texted me after receiving a message from a friend of his who was one of Kwintin's teachers. She referred to him as "a sweet kid" and indicated she's very excited he's going to have a chance to play at such an awesome place. I take it as a sign that we still have credibility with some average folks on the street in America.

Reaction Score
What site? What are you even talking about?

The one Fishy mentioned and huskymedic said he was looking at. You could figure that out by just reading the thread.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
So the absence of a guy who never won an NCAA tournament game in 4 years, was the difference between the 2009 and 2004 team? The same guy who had a 9 turnover game the end of his senior year.
You must be joking! The 2004 team had the 2nd and 3rd pick in the NBA draft (Emeka and Ben). We had two lottery picks, I believe , coming off the bench (Charlie and Hilton) and another first round pick in Josh. Additionally, Talik, Denham and Shad were very good college players.

Jim has said many times 2004 was his most talented team!

I am so sick and tired of the narrative here that Dyson never won an NCAA game in four years. He was on a team that went to the Final Four. Just because he was injured doesn't mean what, we would have lost in the first round game if he had been available to play in it? That's asinine. We would have beaten four opponents worse than we did if he had played in those games. He was on a team that won four NCAA games in one season, and very likely would have won a fifth if he had played in the Michigan State game. It wasn't his fault he got injured and couldn't play in those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom