Tennessee - 8 national championships
UConn - 8 national championships

Tennessee - HOF coach (emeritus)
UConn - HOF coach

Tennessee - 16 conference championships
UConn - 18 conference championships

Tennessee - 8 WNBA current players
UConn - 13 current WNBA players

You ain't got nothin' we ain't seen before.

Who are your 13 current WNBA players?? I count 9 each.

Tenn:
Parker
Catchings
Johnson
Lawson
Stricklen
Snow
Hornbuckle
Williams
Robinson

Uconn:
Moore
Taurasi
Charles
Hayes
Montgomery
Faris
Green
Cash
Houston

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Who are your 13 current WNBA players?? I count 9 each.

Tenn:
Parker
Catchings
Johnson
Lawson
Stricklen
Snow
Hornbuckle
Williams
Robinson

Uconn:
Moore
Taurasi
Charles
Hayes
Montgomery
Faris
Green
Cash
Houston
Um, did you seriously forget Sue Bird? She was out this year but she's definitely still on the roster.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nan, both Swanier and JMoore are no longer on the Atlanta roster.

I don't follow the WNBA. That's why I looked it up on the official sites, which appear to be wrong, lol.

Reaction Score
Teenage or preteen girl, doggy, I'd bet money on it.
I read the Summitt daily and sadly this is typical thinking among a clique over there, and they are led by one of the mods, who I assure you isn't a child, even though she uses a diminutive in her screen name. A minority of the posters for sure but a large segment of the posts.
So I'd take the bet.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Our care and feeding of attention seeking - the more negative the better - trolls is not admirable.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
As a Swede understanding the care and feeding of trolls is a cultural heritage. We consider it like cats playing with mice.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
I don't post much here anymore, but I will say over a year ago that, without mentioning specific names, the Tennessee coaches said their number one priority in this class was a shooter. Dunbar has been mentioned by Keil Moore, Bret McCormick, and Chris Hansen as being one of the best shooters in the country, with a mythical race between Courtney Ekmark, Jaycee Coe, and Dunbar for the title for the best.

She recently grew to 6'2 which makes her an entriguing prospect and may not be reflected in her ranking on some sites. However, I expect Tennessee wanted for her outside shooting because the strength of our team IMO will be the post game of Graves, Russell, and Izzy. Shooters like Middleton and Dunbar will give them room to operate. My biggest concern for Dunbar is can she become a Division 1 level defender in order to stay on the floor.

Middleton has been a favorite of mine for years, and I do think she is underrated. I've seen her go toe to toe with Canada, McCarty, and Dangerfield. She may lack some of the athleticism they possess, but she makes up with it withheld shooting, flash, and basketball IQ. I think she is a great compliment to our roster.

Our biggest need at this point is post depth IMO, and I'm optimistic that we will land White or Wilson. Either one would give us a great class and Green or Nared would just be gravy after that.

I think losing Tucker hurts, but I'm confident we have a Final 4 caliber team for the next couple of years.

Reaction Score
Well, lets quote facts... in the Griner era Baylor won 1 NC, UConn 2; head to head in games played its 2-2; in Bayor's 2 victories they won by 11, UConn won by 21; and Baylor is 136-15u overall while UConn was 143-11...those are the facts. And by the way, jscott, the BEST team ALWAYS wins the last game thats why they get the trophy! Im just saying...

Reaction Score
images

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Even thought I live in South Carolina I got lost at YALL :)

Reaction Score
Thank you jscott, you got the old juices flowing again. Our Boneyard folks are as competitive, and protective of our turf as the UCONN Ladies are. We are going to talk the talk and the team will walk the walk. I think utenn will be pretty competitive this year, but I am not sure you help their cause !

I think Middleton will turn out to be a really good player. How good remains to be seen. She has played against and with some of the best high schoolers in the country.Kortney Dunbar, I am not so sure about.
Perhaps she is a late bloomer. She has the height, and she CAN shoot so that gives her a chance.

I have always said that recruiting, ratings, and rankings are an inexact science. The most athletic is not necessarily the best. I have always thought that Geno does it far better than anyone else. It really is a simple philosophy. An unselfish TEAM beats a bunch of individuals anytime. I think Geno figured it out a long time ago and then just kept tweaking and tweaking. Even utenn fans would have to admit his philosophy works. You can look it up !

When I think of sheer athleticism, I think of Meighan Simmons. She was unbelievable in high school and has had super games in college. She is sooo fast. Would she be a fit at UCONN ? If you saw her in high school and say...Courtney Vandersloot who would you want. What was Vandersloot's rating ? In the nineties, I think. Who would be a better fit at UCONN ? The point I am trying to make is that one girl would be a fit at one program, and might not be a fit at another program. Who Knows ! I just can't wait for the season to start so we can see the finest program in the country in action again and they are THE UCONN HUSKIES !

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't post much here anymore, but I will say over a year ago that, without mentioning specific names, the Tennessee coaches said their number one priority in this class was a shooter. Dunbar has been mentioned by Keil Moore, Bret McCormick, and Chris Hansen as being one of the best shooters in the country, with a mythical race between Courtney Ekmark, Jaycee Coe, and Dunbar for the title for the best.

She recently grew to 6'2 which makes her an entriguing prospect and may not be reflected in her ranking on some sites. However, I expect Tennessee wanted for her outside shooting because the strength of our team IMO will be the post game of Graves, Russell, and Izzy. Shooters like Middleton and Dunbar will give them room to operate. My biggest concern for Dunbar is can she become a Division 1 level defender in order to stay on the floor.

Middleton has been a favorite of mine for years, and I do think she is underrated. I've seen her go toe to toe with Canada, McCarty, and Dangerfield. She may lack some of the athleticism they possess, but she makes up with it withheld shooting, flash, and basketball IQ. I think she is a great compliment to our roster.

Our biggest need at this point is post depth IMO, and I'm optimistic that we will land White or Wilson. Either one would give us a great class and Green or Nared would just be gravy after that.

I think losing Tucker hurts, but I'm confident we have a Final 4 caliber team for the next couple of years.
As most UCONN fans have said over and over, we are so happy that Tennessee nation is thrilled with their players. If all those people saw Dunbar, and she's really one of the 3 best shooters in the nation, why have all of them left her ranked north of 70? She must have zero ball handling, zero defense, and play on 1 leg. As for Middleton, same thing. There's a reason why she's rated 25+ if everyone has seen her. Now I could understand it if she played for some random high school and never played AAU ball before, but if she's gone "toe to toe" with some great guards and outplayed them (as folks on your board claim), then that means she's been seen by all the "scouts" and something is woefully wrong with the ranking services.

No one is saying they aren't nice players. But to pretend that you have a top 20 recruiting class at this point is comical. They are probably similar to recent players UCONN has recruited such as Engeln and Gardler and Tahirah Williams. All of those kids were "intriguing" prospects that UCONN landed and Engeln rated as high as 30 by Peach State. Now maybe Dunbar and Middleton will end up being much better than their rating. Maybe they are as terrific as Tennessee fans fantasize about.

As I said in another post, next year you will have starters of Massengale, Carter, Burdick, Graves and Harrison/Russell. You will have solid players off the bench in the other center, Jones, Reynolds, and I'm not sure how much you can expect out of Phillips or Moore. But with the 5 starters i mentioned plus 2 or 3 off the bench, it's not like the freshmen will be needed in big games anyway, so I'm not sure why all the Tennessee fans efforts to convince us that their recruits are world beaters. They are average players who have some nice strengths, and hopefully for Tennessee fans, will develop into very competent role players.

Reaction Score
Oh I love hearing from the UT fans, and yes, they serve to stir up the old loyalty index..... I wish them well and hope they have a good year..... Don't see how they will be a factor in Nashville..... maybe if Mercedes has a whale of a frosh yr......

Reading the various comments from UT fans here is always entertaining...... whoever said that the UT coaches have done yeoman work "developing" Meighan Simmons? On Geno's team she would still be riding the bench with her absence of discipline.... just because you got better doesn't mean you have come as far as you need to come...... and yes the comparison between Chong and Dunbar as lower 50 recruits.... as a couple of people pointed out.... Chong was voted HSPOY .... which is pretty incredible for being rated 75 by a couple of services.....

Keep the comments coming UT fans, I sincerely love to see your comments..... and I would love to be playing you and putting the thump on you, but that series was called off as you know.

Reaction Score
As most UCONN fans have said over and over, we are so happy that Tennessee nation is thrilled with their players. If all those people saw Dunbar, and she's really one of the 3 best shooters in the nation, why have all of them left her ranked north of 70? She must have zero ball handling, zero defense, and play on 1 leg. As for Middleton, same thing. There's a reason why she's rated 25+ if everyone has seen her. Now I could understand it if she played for some random high school and never played AAU ball before, but if she's gone "toe to toe" with some great guards and outplayed them (as folks on your board claim), then that means she's been seen by all the "scouts" and something is woefully wrong with the ranking services.

No one is saying they aren't nice players. But to pretend that you have a top 20 recruiting class at this point is comical. They are probably similar to recent players UCONN has recruited such as Engeln and Gardler and Tahirah Williams. All of those kids were "intriguing" prospects that UCONN landed and Engeln rated as high as 30 by Peach State. Now maybe Dunbar and Middleton will end up being much better than their rating. Maybe they are as terrific as Tennessee fans fantasize about.

As I said in another post, next year you will have starters of Massengale, Carter, Burdick, Graves and Harrison/Russell. You will have solid players off the bench in the other center, Jones, Reynolds, and I'm not sure how much you can expect out of Phillips or Moore. But with the 5 starters i mentioned plus 2 or 3 off the bench, it's not like the freshmen will be needed in big games anyway, so I'm not sure why all the Tennessee fans efforts to convince us that their recruits are world beaters. They are average players who have some nice strengths, and hopefully for Tennessee fans, will develop into very competent role players.

Nobody said that middleton and dunbar are world beaters and that just them alone makes a top 20 class.
Just simply put underrated recruits. Im pretty sure Mercedes Russell was very underrated at first... She went from unranked to top 5 to number 1 real quick. Russell and dunbar have had similar stories written about them online about gaining national attention in a hurry all of a sudden. Russell first gained the national attention from being unknown to number 1. And im not saying dunbar is nearly as good as russell because i have not seen too much on her to know everything. But both of them have had major growth spurts. Russell use to be 5'11 and she sprout up to 6'6 and dunbar went from 5'7 to 5'11 to 6'2 quickly over a short period of time. These girls are still growing in high school sometimes players pop of nowhere. The term UNDER THE RADAR would be a perfect fit. Dunbar just grew to 6'2 and she pretty much just started playing aau basketball and getting out in the national media ESPN does not even have a rating for her yet thats how new she is just like russell was new to the whole national media at first.
And also espn has middleton at #21 overall and i think it is because some players higher than her could be called more athletic or maybe having more potential.... But middleton just had one hell of a summer where they just beat jordin canada and the california girls i believe i read somewhere that she scored on canada a few times during that game and was named mvp of that tournament along with the USA U16 girl from blackman,tn Dangerfield. And jordin candada and alot of those recruits ahead of middleton were in that same tournament that middleton recieved mvp at. Not saying that middleton is better than canada i think # 21 overall is a good spot for her because she might be only 5'9 and some of the girls ahead of her are a little bit taller. But you cannot teach being smart and being a workhorse middleton is a down right workhorse you can tell in her picture on espn how hard she plays on the court and how passionate she is. Perfect fit for what Tennessee is looking for right now, complementing what they already have. And still waiting on WILSON, DRUMMER, GREEN, WHITE, NARED, CUEVAS, CALVERT to name a few. And get maybe 2 more of those 7 recruits considering tennessee that have yet to decide. TOP 5 CLASS RIGHT THERE. That would make 4 years in a row with awesome recruiting classes in the top 5 starting with 2011 burdick massengale harrison.

Reaction Score
I see Tennessee being right there with uconn in the very near future and years to come going back and fourth for the best of the best. National Championships once again coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom