KO Making Progress | The Boneyard

KO Making Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Glad to see KO doing well. Hopefully one day the parties will bury the hatchet.

Kind of a weird Insta post considering some of the rumblings about why we never seemed to land any recruits we were after or develop our players to any degree.

But I digress.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I guess I'm the opposite, but not wishing anything good for Ollie professionally (notwithstanding health/family and what not - I'm not a monster). I'm guessing I'm in the minority here, but just not a fan. Would prefer to see him disappear into obscurity.

Reaction Score
Glad to see KO doing well. Hopefully one day the parties will bury the hatchet.

Kind of a weird Insta post considering some of the rumblings about why we never seemed to land any recruits we were after or develop our players to any degree.

But I digress.
Yeah, agree bury that hatchet. Life is short. Ryan Gomes in the video - speaking of recruits who got away or were never recruited, but we got Emeka and Caron and they’re not bad - LOL.
And KO can recruit without having to deal with NCAA recruiting violation issues. Must be nice.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
At any rate, Chief wishes KO the best and it’s great to see him moving on from that rat hole of a legal case.
Has he moved on though? Last I heard the arbitration is waiting for a new arbiter and KO’s attorneys plan on trying to file a discrimination case against the school. He smeared our hall of fame coach and has yet to apologize or even walk that back. Not to mention he Diaco’d the basketball program and we are still climbing back from that. I’m glad he’s found something to occupy his time, I guess, but that doesn’t mean he’s “moved on.”

Reaction Score
I guess I'm the opposite, but not wishing anything good for Ollie professionally (notwithstanding health/family and what not - I'm not a monster). I'm guessing I'm in the minority here, but just not a fan. Would prefer to see him disappear into obscurity.
Hes brought too much joy to my sporting life for me to be permanently mad at him or wish him failure. I hope he has great success in all facets of his life and finds peace. Im a "chill seeker". Enough negativity going on in life.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Rooting for KO, will proudly wear my "Welcome to Olliewood" t-shirt for the inevitable kumbaya reunion game, whenever that may be...
Ha. I literally wore mine yesterday.

Reaction Score
Can i play conspiracy kitty for a second? Is there any chance KO hiring Gomes to be his assistant is a intentional slight to Calhoun? I'm not sure Calhoun would give two (We got Emeka and Caron, they’re not bad), but strange out of all the ex-pros that is the one he landed with. Im sure theres some connection due to CT but still!

Reaction Score
Can i play conspiracy kitty for a second? Is there any chance KO hiring Gomes to be his assistant is a intentional slight to Calhoun? I'm not sure Calhoun would give two (We got Emeka and Caron, they’re not bad), but strange out of all the ex-pros that is the one he landed with. Im sure theres some connection due to CT but still!
yes, i think you are onto something :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
KO was a really nice person who seemed to lose his mind after his divorce ect… I have few people like that in my life and sometimes they come back to earth- apologize for their behavior and are forgiven- sometimes they just stay crazy.

Reaction Score
I WISH HIM ALL THE BEST

steve carell anchorman GIF

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
If he's still suing UConn then I don't give two shytes about him. Felt that way about the crew women as well.

Reaction Score
Can anyone explain the Overtime Elite business model to me? How are they paying their athletes and how is it sustainable? I can see why kids would choose that route but what are the odds it lasts more than 5 years?

Reaction Score
I'm curious why you're posting a random Instagram post from KO in a new thread. It doesn't really give any news or have much relevance outside the other OE thread. There are tons of Twitter/Intstagram/Facebook posts from former UConn players and coaches that aren't newsworthy and nobody is posting those. If you want to wish KO well that is fine, you can put that in the other OE post on here where others have done that. Why start a new thread with this? I think I know why.

Reaction Score
Chief thinks some are underestimating the potential of this model and the appeal to young guns. At any rate, Chief wishes KO the best and it’s great to see him moving on from that rat hole of a legal case.

He has not moved on. trashed Calhoun, trashed UCONN, was put on probation to work for three years, and then played the race card. Law suite is still pending. The bridges are still burnt.

Reaction Score
Has he moved on though? Last I heard the arbitration is waiting for a new arbiter and KO’s attorneys plan on trying to file a discrimination case against the school. He smeared our hall of fame coach and has yet to apologize or even walk that back. Not to mention he Diaco’d the basketball program and we are still climbing back from that. I’m glad he’s found something to occupy his time, I guess, but that doesn’t mean he’s “moved on.”
Good points, but at the end of the day it seems so illogical to me that UConn would be required to pay a coach $10 million to not coach for 3 years, since the NCAA had prohibited KO from coaching during that period. The prohibition was due to KO breaking rules. It was his fault. So even if we didn’t fire him, he couldn’t coach in an NCAA game. It has nothing to do with UConn discriminating against him. If he wants to sue someone for that, it would be against the NCAA. Am I oversimplifying this?

Am I wrong to totally discount the lawsuit by an attorney, who has struck out every time he’s been up at the plate in this case? But, if every there is an environment to get a few bucks on a frivolous discrimination lawsuit, it is now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm curious why you're posting a random Instagram post from KO in a new thread. It doesn't really give any news or have much relevance outside the other OE thread. There are tons of Twitter/Intstagram/Facebook posts from former UConn players and coaches that aren't newsworthy and nobody is posting those. If you want to wish KO well that is fine, you can put that in the other OE post on here where others have done that. Why start a new thread with this? I think I know why.
I think this is definitely big time on the Risk Dashboard for college programs. Chief couldn’t believe the denial some people were in when this first came up and the events since then, just reinforces the threat. They are signing kids, have deep pockets, have big name stakeholders and regardless of your personal feelings are connecting with the kids. If you don’t think this is top shelf newsworthy you are in deep quicksand denial about the threat. KO got in over his head in a legal case with an attorney still trying to save face from his miscues, however I do appreciate KO raising from that mess (even though it’s technically still ongoing) and charting a more productive course for himself.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good points, but at the end of the day it seems so illogical to me that UConn would be required to pay a coach $10 million to not coach for 3 years, since the NCAA had prohibited KO from coaching during that period. The prohibition was due to KO breaking rules. It was his fault. So even if we didn’t fire him, he couldn’t coach in an NCAA game. It has nothing to do with UConn discriminating against him. If he wants to sue someone for that, it would be against the NCAA. Am I oversimplifying this?

Am I wrong to totally discount the lawsuit by an attorney, who has struck out every time he’s been up at the plate in this case? But, if every there is an environment to get a few bucks on a frivolous discrimination lawsuit, it is now.

Don't disagree, but again until KO drops the arbitration and says he's not going to litigate (which given that he's time barred is not all that much to ask), it is tough to say that he's moved on. Once KO drops the matter all involved can work to put them behind them.

Reaction Score

let's play contrarian

OUR school, while hurting from a number of financial setbacks in sports, decided NOT to honor a contract. You can say rule violations + this and that ... but in 10 other cases most of us can cite, NCAA coaches did far worse and got paid. We didn't pay him because of our sour situation. And Yes .,.. I would be pissed and hire the best attorney. The school has not tried, in any meaningful way, to achieve a resolution. For ONE thing, we all should think, this has placed a cloud over a 35 year period of Men's BB that should be nothing but rainbow heaven. Important past players are not happy. I say we should have found a mediation point.

And then let go with your bleeting.

Reaction Score
Don't disagree, but again until KO drops the arbitration and says he's not going to litigate (which given that he's time barred is not all that much to ask), it is tough to say that he's moved on. Once KO drops the matter all involved can work to put them behind them.
I don’t think KO is ever gone analyze the case in any logical way or accept realty. It’s never going to happen. In this extent he’s basically an empty vessel for his attorney to sail in circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom