KML opinion piece | Page 8 | The Boneyard

KML opinion piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's right you are wrong again. What I said was in one game she was better than last year. In her second game I don't know why she played offense the way she did but I think it was the game plan to have her on the side outside the arc, she demands attention from the defense thus opening the other side of the floor for the guards. Stanford had 2 on Stewie and one on KML. That left our other 3 playing against 2 defenders. For the biggest part of the game our 3 didn't do much except miss a lot of shots. As far as people blowing past KML, in case you didn't notice they were blowing past the rest of the team as well. So I think overall KML is off to a great start.

I was responding to your comment "during the tournament last year". And I also wonder why you feel good about her lack of defense based on Stamford blowing past other UCONN defenders. So we shouldn't expect either one of our 2 seniors to lead the way if the team is struggling? I sure hope Geno doesn't accept that logic!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I was responding to your comment "during the tournament last year". And I also wonder why you feel good about her lack of defense based on Stamford blowing past other UCONN defenders. So we shouldn't expect either one of our 2 seniors to lead the way if the team is struggling? I sure hope Geno doesn't accept that logic!
Being beat of the dribble is not critical to UCONN's defense. Of course, it is preferable not to be beat BUT more important is to be beat forcing the opponent towards help and towards the direction the scouting report indicates is preferable, such as, a weaker hand or weaker shot. Many of the problems against Stanford were about spread and poor help rotation. It was a team problem not just a KML problem.

Reaction Score
how charming! I said nothing about grading, so you can table your obvious instructions.

I'll say it again..in many to most cases, the tone and content of individual fan's posts changes depending on the success or lack thereof (as in a loss). I posted a musing...an opinion if you will, about an exercise comparing posts over time...

no grading
not even publishing

just an observation

because, I read this thread and see the posts about the bad coaching, weight issues and so on for a team we supposedly admire who had the audacity to lose by two points in overtime on the road in the third game of the year. And let's not forget the digs at the fans who defend their team, who offer a voice more reasonable and likely realistic view about the outcome, who tend to look at risk over a longer term if you will, and don't jump to harsh conclusions because the market dipped one day.

Hence my comment for comparison, for my guess is that should UConn get that third in a row, the shareholders on this forum who are crying now will be stepping over themselves to post about the great team, about KML's high draft likelihood, and how we have the best coach in all of basketball.

So you grade my post as "charming". Thanks. :)

Reaction Score
Funny how when someone actually gives you facts all you can do is point to one freakin game over and over.Read what Palpa's comments again and maybe you'll see you're not too smart yourself. They blew by all of our players that One game, get over it.

Ok last one and I'll make this easier for you phil. What other game am I supposed to go by UC Davis in which the other team didn't have an athlete who could walk on at UConn? Or should I go with the game everyone saw against a Top 10 opponent with similar athletes to UConn, although still not as good? The game they made her look like there was cement in her shoes?

ps - Your denial is a joke ;) funny thing you're not alone.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
You, on the other hand, pretty much are.

JS

Reaction Score
I was thinking the men's board fans who come flying over here for every thread that concerns gender differences in the game or fan attitudes add nothing to the discussion but rancor.

Then I realized I was over-generalizing. It's just you.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the men's board fans who come flying over here for every thread that concerns gender differences in the game or fan attitudes add nothing to the discussion but rancor.

Then I realized I was over-generalizing. It's just you.
Take us out of our misery?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Stop with the insults, everybody. When people resort to insults, it means they have nothing of value to add to the conversation.

Opposing views are welcome here. You don't have to agree with those people but you need to recognize they have a right to their opinion.

Reaction Score
Stop with the insults, everybody. When people resort to insults, it means they have nothing of value to add to the conversation.

Opposing views are welcome here. You don't have to agree with those people but you need to recognize they have a right to their opinion.
Sorry you are right, I'm out of this conversation.

Reaction Score
Is it possible to close this thread and prevent any more negative comments from being posted especially when people do not know what they are talking about as they do not have all the information needed to form a proper opinion.....

Reaction Score
Is it possible to close this thread and prevent any more negative comments from being posted especially when people do not know what they are talking about as they do not have all the information needed to form a proper opinion.....

I did notice people don't have all of the info they need nor the knowledge required, obviously by the replies. I agree!;)

Reaction Score
Ok last one and I'll make this easier for you phil. What other game am I supposed to go by UC Davis in which the other team didn't have an athlete who could walk on at UConn? Or should I go with the game everyone saw against a Top 10 opponent with similar athletes to UConn, although still not as good? The game they made her look like there was cement in her shoes?

Unfortunately, the push back you and I keep getting is very similar to what I got earlier when I said it was only a matter of time before Nurse started instead of Chong.

JS

Reaction Score
Is it possible to close this thread
Very possible.

A difficult thread in some ways.

On the plus side, much good analysis, even some great posts. Thanks to everyone who contributed interesting thoughts and observations.

On the "difficult" side, it was in occasional danger of becoming a peeing match. But, as they say, no pain . . .

Anyway, everybody on the difficult side gets a free pass.

Game tonight. Let's see what we see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01